Oh dear, Jeremy Paxman upsets the French .......

Might have some relevance to a few
Capetonian

Oh dear, Jeremy Paxman upsets the French .......

#1 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:07 am

.... by stating a few truths about them and their useless ugly language, which particularly when spoken by whining women, makes them sound as if they are about to throw up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... -language/

'The language is useless and their achievements are long past'

I have often said that France is like an old whore, attempting to live on past glories.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Oh dear, Jeremy Paxman upsets the French .......

#2 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Excuse me but what achievements?

And the 'old whore' unfortunately is renovating a brothel in front of our little house in the mountains on Amorgos. She has had white ones in there and black ones. Her daughter is in the Far East and probably services yellow ones. The latter when staying picks up any tourist frog on the the beach and services it with the bedroom door wide open to the path just by our patio screaming bigger, bigger, faster, faster etc. And, this is mid morning. The Neanderthals were more civilised and had better cuisine.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:55 pm

I am tempted to publish some of the stuff I wrote about this loathsome nation when I had the misfortune to work for a French company ........

Behind their smiles, handshakes, and 'bise' ('air kiss'), these are the coldest, meanest, falsest, and most materialistic and mercenary people I have had the misfortune to encounter in 30 years living in 5 countries on two continents, and travelling extensively in others. Other nations have a reputation, often undeserved, for being cold or 'stand-offish', but there you know what to expect. What you see is what you get. Here, behind the superficial smile and the limp dead-fish automatic reflex action handshake, or the ubiqitious and meaningless 'bise', lurks an ice-cold heart and a calculating mind. The smiles vanish like the morning dew in the sun once the bill is presented.

GrumpyOldFart
Snr FO
Snr FO

#4 Post by GrumpyOldFart » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:45 pm

The ffrench upset? Oh quelle merde! Je suis feckin heartbroken.
The older I get, the grumpier I get.
I may soon have to start biting people. X(

Capetonian

#5 Post by Capetonian » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:58 pm

The Neanderthals were more civilised and had better cuisine.

I can't comment as I'm not quite old enough .......... but I am pretty sure that you can get better food, and definitely better service (I'm not talking about the type of service ex-Ascot refers to) just about anywhere in the world.
The French hang on to the belief that they invented or perfected just about everything that we eat, drink, wear, use as transport, read, watch, or listen to. The only thing they are good at is telling you how good they are at everything that they're actually effing useless at.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:36 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... -language/

" Unfortunatey you've reached your free article limit

You mean I now have to PAY to read the Telegraph ?

Stuff that for a game of soldiers

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by 500N » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:55 pm

French don't take criticism of their culture, language, wine and food very well.

Almost like they have an inferiority complex.

(FYI, before I get accused of the pot calling the kettle black, Australia does as well).

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#8 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:13 am

Never liked the French...

But I'm English... We've been fighting... No, I mean beating the useless pricks for centuries...

When I serve my American friends a "Full English" breakfast I point out that this is what fueled the British soldier through the day and while the French, on their coffee and croissant, (yes, I know - technically incorrect), were failing by midday the Brits were looking for more furriners to kill... ;-)
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Capetonian

#9 Post by Capetonian » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:32 am

Here you are, ExSp33db1rd :

Jeremy Paxman savages the French: 'The language is useless and their achievements are long past'

French is a “useless language” and the nation’s achievements are “long past”, Jeremy Paxman has claimed, in a brutal attack on our European neighbours.

The former Newsnight host said that middle-class Britons should end their “forelock-tugging” deference to France’s haute cuisine and high-speed trains, as he claimed that the centuries-old battle between the two nations had been comprehensively decided in Britain’s favour.

Writing in the Financial Times, Paxman said French was a “useless language”. He wrote: “Let us block our ears to the middle-class English and their forelock-tugging deference to France’s highly subsidised rural living, high-speed trains and ‘marvellous food’.

“No one is going to deny that, historically, France has enhanced civilisation. European culture would be a thin thing without Montaigne, Descartes, Debussy and Cézanne, to say nothing of the dictator’s dictator, Napoleon Bonaparte.

“The problem is that it is all long past and the new world is anglophone. In the centuries-long struggle between English and French there is one victor, and to pretend otherwise is like suggesting that Johnny Hallyday is the future of pop.

“The outcome of the struggle is clear: English is the language of science, technology, travel, entertainment and sport. To be a citizen of the world it is the one language that you must have.”

In another stinging attack, the presenter said the French government’s decision to fund the study of French in North African nations was akin to a “form of imperialism”.

He added: “The truth is that while other imperial powers were running down their flags around the world, France never really decolonised.”

The piece is likely to raise eyebrows at the BBC. Paxman has been commissioned to present what the broadcaster has billed as “an impartial look” at Britain’s relationship with Europe, as part of the corporation’s EU referendum coverage.

The show, Paxman In Brussels, will air later in the spring. The French Embassy in London could not be reached for comment.

A spokesman for the French embassy in London rejected Paxman's claims, insisting that learning the language helped people "make intellectual progress".

He added: "Learning French is clearly an asset, as it is a language of rich culture,as Mr Paxman mentions, and is spoken in the first country Britons are likely to set foot in when they leave the UK. It is also spoken on every continent, with the number of speakers growing every year – largely thanks to the dynamism of Africa."

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Muchas Gracias !

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#11 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:13 am

I can't sat I disagree with much said by Mr. Paxman... Whoever he may be...
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...