"London generally safe, precautions needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people"

Might have some relevance to a few
Capetonian

"London generally safe, precautions needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people"

#1 Post by Capetonian » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:58 pm

'London is generally safe - but be careful in areas populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people': Chinese airline condemned for in-flight magazine's 'racist' advice

It seems to me to be sound advice, although I have to say that people from the Indian sub-continent are not generally known for violent crime, and in fairness, white drunken thuggery is as much of a problem as black violence in some areas.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: "London generally safe, precautions needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black peo

#2 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm surprised that they didn't advise sticking to China Town :))
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: "London generally safe, precautions needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black peo

#3 Post by OFSO » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:39 pm

but be careful in areas populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people'

To which I would add: "...and the Scots and Irish".

Does Kangaroo Valley still exist ?

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:49 am

OFSO wrote:Does Kangaroo Valley still exist ?

An awfully long time ago IIRC the area around Earls Court was deemed Little Australia. Mind you the last time I was there was when I got to play a bugle in an apprentice band at the Royal Tournament. Would you believe fifty five years ago.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:44 am

Would you believe fifty five years ago.

Yes, I would. I was living there 1966-1968. Well, round the corner in Onslow Gardens, off the Fulham Rd., although we called it Kensington. Wonder what I would have done differently with my life had I knowed then what I know now. (New thread subject ?)

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am

OFSO wrote:Yes, I would. I was living there 1966-1968.

Long since moved on OFSO. By 65/67 I was playing in the sand box - Deserts of Oman. Much warmer there than where I am now. It's awfully cold and wet here.

Alison

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by 500N » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:49 am

Kings Road !

What a haunt it was.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:38 am

Kings Road !

In and out of the 'Six Bells' carrying a grand piano. Those were the days.....

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by ian16th » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:48 am

I was demobbed after 13 years service, and carrying a toolbag around the West End in 1965.

We were living in Co. Kilburn at the time. The immigrants were mainly Irish!
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by OFSO » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Did anyone else read the story yesterday of the 19 year-old French girl dragged into the bushes under the Eiffel Tower in Paris, stripped, tied up, gagged, and gang-raped by illegal immigrants ? She was found weeping under the bushes early next morning by joggers who called an ambulance. The three assailants were found using CCTV images shortly before boarding a bus going to Germany. None of them had any official papers and all claimed they were 17 year olds from Tunisia and were seeking asylum. However police said they looked much older.

Now I'm not suggesting for one minute that rapes by French citizens on French citizens don't take place now-and-then, perhaps even frequently, who knows ? But this is one atrocious crime that would NOT have taken place had not France's borders been open to all and sundry.

Capetonian

#12 Post by Capetonian » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:04 am

Those racist Hungarians also don't do this PC crap! Brilliant.

Fury as Hungary claims parts of London have turned into 'no-go zones' because there are so many migrants

Hungary has sparked a major diplomatic row by claiming that parts of the UK are 'no-go zones' because there are so many migrants.

A leaflet issued to millions of households as part of a referendum on EU migrant quotas claims that there are several hundred no-go zones in European cities where the authorities are unable to maintain control.

An accompanying map marks London with a 'no-go' sign, surrounded by five others which appear to relate to locations including Southampton and Peterborough.

The leaflet that has been distributed by the Hungarian authorities saying some areas of Britain are 'no-go zones' due to the number of migrants

Hungarian PM Viktor Orban is fighting for a No vote in the referendum due to be held on October 2 on Brussels' plans to relocate migrants from frontline arrival states like Italy and Greece to other countries around the EU's Schengen zone.

The quota system would require Hungary to take in around 1,500 migrants.

The leaflet also marks out Paris, Berlin, Marseille, Stockholm and Copenhagen as cities with no-go areas.

It warns: 'The so-called "no-go" zones are areas of cities that the authorities are unable to keep under their control.

'Here the recipient society's written or unwritten norms do not apply. In those European cities, where immigrants live in great numbers, several hundred 'no-go' zones exist.'

Challenged over the claims, Hungary's foreign minister Peter Szijjarto told BBC2's Newsnight: 'We based this information on open, official reports given by the police of the respective countries and from the news.

'There are no-go zones in Europe and we don't want no-go zones in Hungary.'

Mr Szijjarto said he personally 'likes' London, but insisted that its designation as a no-go zone was made after consultation with the Hungarian embassy in the capital as well as 'very careful' analysis of official reports.

The British Embassy in Budapest has lodged a protest with the Hungarian foreign ministry about the contents of the leaflet.
Hungarian PM Viktor Orban is fighting for a No vote in a referendum on Brussels' plans to relocate migrants from frontline arrival states like Italy and Greece

Hungarian PM Viktor Orban is fighting for a No vote in a referendum on Brussels' plans to relocate migrants from frontline arrival states like Italy and Greece

The leaflet accuses Brussels of trying to 'prescribe the obligatory settlement of non-Hungarian citizens in Hungary' without the approval of its Parliament, and warns of the danger that terrorists might 'slip in with the crowds of immigrants'.

The row comes after a Chinese airline was forced to withdraw an in-flight magazine warning tourists to take precautions when visiting areas of London with ethnic minority populations.

Around one in three of the 8.6million people in London were born outside the UK. In some boroughs the proportion is greater than half.

Of the total three million non-British residents 40 per cent are from Europe, 30 per cent from the Middle East and Asia, 20 per cent from Africa and 10 per cent from America or the Caribbean.

Across the UK as a whole just over 13 per cent of the population were born abroad in 2015, according to official statistics.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:19 am

Across the UK as a whole just over 13 per cent of the population were born abroad in 2015, according to official statistics.

Wonder what percentage of the UK population can claim to be English going back at least two generations. 10% if we're lucky.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by OFSO » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Mrs OFSO has gone to the same Islington London hairdresser for years - lets call her "D". Next door another hairdresser has opened up a business. Last week two guys on motor scooters pulled up outside the next door biz., rushed in. grabbed two laptops and went back to their scooters. Before they could drive off customers clients and hairdressers emerged from the shops, grabbed the laptops back, a scuffle ensued and the two thieves drove off.

An hour later the police came round with photos of the suspects for D and her clients to identify. But before they were finished they got a call - the same two thieves (presumably) had just pulled the same robbery MO elsewhere in London.

Not sure what this proves. Except that I am sure had this taken place in a US city, shots would have been fired.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:03 am

OFSO wrote:Not sure what this proves. Except that I am sure had this taken place in a US city, shots would have been fired.

And how many innocent bystanders would have been injured or even killed.

Police shoot knifeman at Westfield Hornsby as three more injured

Fragments from police gunfire also injured three female bystanders at Hornsby Mall outside Westfield, leaving them with wounds to their lower limbs and abdomens.

Alison

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by OFSO » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Just came back from a week in The Smoke. Never felt threatened at any time, except by squirrels and foxes in Islington.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Hydromet » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:18 am

Does Kangaroo Valley still exist ?

I stayed in Earls Court in May this year. There seems to be a mix of pretty well every background there, not a preponderance of Aussies, anyway. At the hotel where I stayed, there seemed to be a lot of Germans travelling through.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:04 pm

The best way to have 'em !

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:41 am

Just had another week there. Survived unscathed. Most unnerving incident was being approached in Tottenham Court Road by two middle-aged Australian tourists looking for an air raid shelter. "Why do you want to see that ?" I asked. The reply was "we don't have them in Queensland".

(Answers on a postcard, please, as to why anyone would fly from Brisbane to London to see an air raid shelter. Sadly it was Boxing Day and closed.)