Probably not that new now.
three eighty
Emirates

#1 Post by three eighty » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:50 pm

What!!! No EK bashing yet?

Happy SLF

Re: Emirates

#2 Post by Happy SLF » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 am

I always wondered why no-one was allowed to say anything, even if it was good, about that Airline but people
could say almost anything about any other Airline. :?:

TWT
Snr FO
Snr FO

#3 Post by TWT » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:57 am

Nervous SLF,it was discussion about the other UAE airline (Etihad) which was forbidden.Due to legal threats,no doubt.

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 am

I have plenty to say about Emirates, or Scummirats as I prefer to call them, and even worse things to say about the shithole in the desert which is their base.

I'll drop by later with a few words on the matter. It will upset 380 I'm afraid, but there's nothing personal in this and he already knows my views.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 pm

We always fly EK ATH-DXB-JNB. Good value, great service, terrific crews (knackered of course) sh1t management. All RHs which in full was what got me banned from t'other place.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Sisemen

#6 Post by Sisemen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:43 pm

It seems I am in good company Ascot. That's what got me permanently banned in my Allan907 persona. Do I hold the record for the most permanent bannings from t'other place?

Permanently banned:
Allan907
Allan908
Airey Belvoir
Cooking Fatfish
Sisemen
Etimegev

I can almost hear Voldemort doing his Stephen Lewis impression - "Bloggs, I 'ate you"

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#7 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Probably Sisemen. But I bet you didn't have your wife and a friend banned as well for mentioning your name!
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by A Lutra Continua » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:Probably Sisemen. But I bet you didn't have your wife and a friend banned as well for mentioning your name!

Have we been a bad little monkey then?

Nothing new. Formerly reasonable blokes on ARRSE quickly became utter bellthronks when modship was bestowed upon them. Something technical to do with a successful sense of humour bypass, I believe. Takes an above average person to hold it together with all that authority... =))

Capetonian

#9 Post by Capetonian » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:16 pm

I've just seen the latest Scummirats advertisement, the one with Jennifer Arniston.

Apart from the fact that it's cringeworthy, I think they've scored a massive own goal. It infers that Emirates is superior than US carriers (arguably it is) and that it it has 'bathrooms' and showers on board for all passengers, not to mention a bar.

I can see many people booking Scummirats and being bitterly disappointed and feeling they have been misled. One might (justifiably) say that they would be stupid to infer that from the advert but we are talking about economy class passengers who choose the airline because it is usually the cheapest, so they're not the most discriminating or smart passengers on the sky.

I await ............

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by SOPS » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:12 am

I can just imagine the...wanting wanting...head wobblers....asking for a shower!

reddo
Capt
Capt

#11 Post by reddo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:41 am

I've flown on their First Class service A380 to Sydney. I'll be able to report back on their A380 biz class service soon. I've used their biz class service years ago when I had to go to Don't Buy for the Hawker type rating. My brother prefers the A380 for economy class over the B777.

Sisemen

#12 Post by Sisemen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:40 pm

I did biz Perth-Dub-Glasgow and return in April this year. The 380 was day 2 of the new service into Perth on the return leg and the 777 for all the other legs. The 380 is great if you're travelling on your own and prefer a window seat but I wouldn't fancy it if travelling as a couple and want a window seat. The difference between the totally flat bed on the 380 and near-as-dammit flat bed on the 777 is negligible - both comfortable. Service is excellent.

Will be doing it again next Oct (but with the galactic ruleress) and plan the 380 2200 service out of Perth with 2 x centre seats, window seat pair on the Glasgow leg and the same on the return flight.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Emirates their neigbours and the SA-IRAN crisis

#13 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Apparently neither IRAN or the Kingdom is backing down. Although for the time being only political statements are taking place a lot of people are concerned on how the thing will work out. Is it to be believed that Emirates and the big 3 in general will loose business to other airlines with hubs located in safer areas (no to come to think I am not sure if such areas exist).

Sisemen

#14 Post by Sisemen » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:19 am

Trying to find a route around that troubled part of the world becomes more and more complicated with each passing day. It’s probably going to be easier to get to Europe from Far East/Australia via the US soon.