SAAF Chief apparently suspended

Nice place if it wasn't for some of the locals
ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

SAAF Chief apparently suspended

#1 Post by ian16th » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:14 am

From African Pilot:
The officer commanding the South African Air Force (SAAF) Lieutenant General Zakes Msimang is apparently on special leave after being suspended from duty. The three-star general was suspended while at least two allegations against him are being investigated.

The first apparently relates to illegal usage of an official M vehicle (military, in this instance the Mercedes-Benz that Msimang has as an official vehicle). The registration plates were apparently changed to civilian ones. Indications are his driver / bodyguard drove the vehicle while it was using a registration plates that did not belong to it. This was apparently found out when a number of traffic fines were issued for the vehicle. The second allegation concerns funding for a children’s project that Msimang and his wife are said to be involved in.

Msimang was appointed to the position of Officer Commanding the SAAF in September 2012 taking over from Lieutenant General Carlo Gagiano and became the first black officer to head the military aviation service of the SANDF. He previously served as squadron commander, base commander and systems director in the SAAF.
Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

Re: SAAF Chief apparently suspended

#2 Post by Capetonian » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 pm

There's a surprise. an African official misusing and abusing the trust placed in him. I am struggling to believe that this is true,it must be 'fake news.'

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: SAAF Chief apparently suspended

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 am

Capetonian wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 pm
There's a surprise. an African official misusing and abusing the trust placed in him. I am struggling to believe that this is true,it must be 'fake news.'
Yes I agree, just journalists 'making it up'. OK, roll in his replacement, see if he can do better =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.