Edinburgh Security

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Edinburgh Security

#1 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Mrs B and I travelled south through EDI on Thursday. We both found the screening somewhat shambolic and not pleasant. There were one or two 'decent staff', but a load of snippy, snarly folk with what my Scottish friends call 'a face like a twisted scone'. It really looked as if there had been no real planning of the flow system for pax. Hand baggage for both of us arrived the other side of the scanner behind a perspex screen as 'it did not appear to have been scanned'?? so had to go back through again. I NEVER set off the arch alarm - I did this time, then stood in front of the 'whole-body scanner' to then be 'rubbed down' and checked with a wand, and NOTHING found. What a waste of time! They also mixed inbound and outbound pax which I thought was a no-no? Chuck in a dearth of gate directions and a sub-standard Costa!!

Someone needs to sort that place out. We have both flown in and out of EDI many times in the past and remember the pleasant airport it used to be.

Capetonian

Re: Edinburgh Security

#2 Post by Capetonian » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I remember a couple of years ago reading how unpleasant the security, and indeed the whole experience, was at Edinburgh. Perhaps having low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised on three or four trips that it really wasn't bad. For my money the worst UK airport by far is Slumsted.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by unifoxos » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:57 am

a sub-standard Costa

Aren't they all?
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:01 am

Not to me - I generally find their coffee etc good. EDI was poor.

Sisemen

#5 Post by Sisemen » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 am

Manchester was particularly snarly at the end of November.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm

It's not just the security, in fact it's not just the Airport.....

It's Edinburgh.

As they like to say, "you'll have had your tea?".

Capetonian

#7 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Not a million miles south of Edinburgh is Newcastle, one of the best airports in the UK, well designed, functional, and pleasant staff more or less throughout. The only downside is that last time I flew from there, early one morning, the 'Fat Slags' from Viz, and their entire families, were there getting legless and making a hell of a noise about it.