Re: Joe Rogan Elon Musk Interview

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Re: Joe Rogan Elon Musk Interview

#21 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am

Interrupting the scrap to say that in my opinion Elon has come well off the rails this year.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 am

Interrupting the scrap to say that in my opinion Elon has come well off the rails this year. The BOAC 'admiration for Elon' counter is down.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:11 am

Interestingly the main thread list shows/was showing Boac as the last poster in this thread and given that this esteemed man is likely to have more interesting things to say than the two other idiots that have posted here I looked in only to find that the last post was by made by one of those idiots, namely me. How disappointing.

For what it is worth Elon Musk has blown a lot of credibility to my mind by his recent outlandish activities and control freakery...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/26/techno ... index.html

He is an interesting character who probably needs a little holiday in a Swiss clinic.

I see that Boac has posted and the main form records this correctly. The Feng Shui here is thus good. =))

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 am

I'm searching my 'Internet Response' folder for a suitable reply......... =))

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Tesla shares crashed 6% on Friday as two of its senior executives quit, just hours after the electric carmaker’s chief executive Elon Musk sparked concern by smoking marijuana on a live web show.

The company’s head of accounting, Dave Morton, and head of human resources, Gaby Toledano, said they were leaving the company, which has been placed at the centre of a string of controversies by its maverick CEO.

Morton, who joined the company just one month ago, said he was leaving because “the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations”.

“This caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting.”

Morton joined the company one day before Musk tweeted that he was considering taking the company private with “funding secured”. The plan was abandoned 17 days later, but not after drawing a subpoena from the Securities and Exchange Commission and a series of lawsuits alleging market manipulation.
Toledano, who has been on leave of absence from the company, told Bloomberg she would not be returning to the firm.

The pair quit a day after Musk provoked fresh concern after smoking marijuana on a live web show with US comedian Joe Rogan.

Musk, 47, spent two-and-half hours on the streamed podcast late on Thursday discussing everything from artificial intelligence and its impact on humankind to flame throwers and social media.

Taking a puff from a joint – which Rogan said was a blend of tobacco and marijuana and is legal in California – Musk said he “almost never” smoked. “I’m not a regular smoker of weed,” Musk said. “I don’t actually notice any effect … I don’t find that it is very good for productivity.”

Musk stunned investors last month with tweets saying he had funding to take the company private for $420 (£323) a share. He then backed off from his plan saying Tesla was better off as a public company.

Asked about the wisdom of smoking marijuana while he is under investigation by the SEC for the “take private” tweet, Musk told the Guardian by email: “Guardian is the most insufferable newspaper on planet Earth”.

In a subsequent email in response to a question about whether Tesla drug-tests employees, Musk said: “Our policy allows trace amounts of THC [an ingredient of cannabis] during work times, provided they are below the safety limit (much like a minimum alcohol level).”

Musk did not immediately respond to additional questions about his behaviour or comments on the podcast.

Earlier this week Musk escalated his baseless attacks against the British diver Vernon Unsworth, claiming that the man who helped rescue children from a cave in Thailand was a “child rapist” in an email to a reporter. Neither Tesla nor Musk have commented on the Buzzfeed report.

Musk first called the diver Unsworth a “pedo” in a July tweet – an unfounded claim against a man who was part of the international team that freed 12 young footballers and their coach from the Tham Luang cave complex. Musk, who had unsuccessfully attempted to assist the rescue mission, eventually apologised to Unsworth.

Musk’s behaviour has raised concerns about his leadership and several Wall Street analysts have called for the company to appoint a strong deputy to prop up Tesla’s operations and standing with investors.

“We have been calling for a Co-CEO or COO to assist to codifying the leadership structure and in so doing, the culture at Tesla,” said James Albertine, an analyst at brokerage Consumer Edge. “We think this is further evidence that the time is now for management and the board to address these issue.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... e-web-show

One wonders how long it is before Musk is moved from the driving seat by concerned big institutional investors. His behaviour and loss of key lieutenants at such a crucial time in his company's history implies some sort of stress related mental breakdown or mania.

I have no doubt he will bounce back but it will perforce occur in a restructured management position at Tesla at least.

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Wilco may be a churl but he is right in saying that Musk is a multifaceted and fascinating thinker as he demonstrated here in 2012.

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/videos/view/211

Caco

Sisemen

#27 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:13 pm

A short video about Musk’s career

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:34 pm

It is interesting that as a meteorite that flashes brightly before burning up and crashing to earth, you see Musk ending up in Perth so beloved of dispossessed Saffers in the 70's that the Progressive Federal Party became known as the Pack For Perth Party, Sisemen! =))

Caco

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 am

flashes brightly before burning up
Maybe that's where he got the idea for the Tesla autopilot ;)))
tesla italy fire.jpg
tesla italy fire.jpg (58.58 KiB) Viewed 788 times
..or maybe the battery

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Musk to quit as Tesla Chairman

#30 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:24 am

I have no doubt he will bounce back but it will perforce occur in a restructured management position at Tesla at least.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk will step down as chairman of the electric automaker and pay a $20 million fine under a settlement reached with the U.S Securities and Exchange commission. Musk will remain CEO and he will still keep a seat on the board, just not as chairman.

The agreement settles what could have turned into a bitter and potentially damaging fight for Musk, the company, and Tesla shareholders.

Musk will resign from his role as chairman of the Tesla board within 45 days of the agreement, which was filed Saturday. He has agreed to not seek reelection or accept an appointment as chairman for three years. An independent chairman will be appointed, under the settlement agreement.

Tesla will pay a separate $20 million penalty, according to the SEC. The SEC said the charge and fine against Tesla is for failing to require disclosure controls and procedures relating to Musk’s tweets.
Musk doesn’t have to admit or deny the SEC’s allegations as part of the agreement.

Tesla has also agreed to appoint two new independent directors to its board and establish a new committee of independent directors and put in place additional controls and procedures to oversee Musk’s communications, according to the SEC. This likely means that Musk, who frequently turns to Twitter to unveils new products, features and updates on his multiple companies, will be more restricted moving forward. At least when it comes to his tweets about Tesla.

“The resolution is intended to prevent further market disruption and harm to Tesla’s shareholders,” Steven Peikin, co-director of the SEC’s Enforcement Division said in a statement.

The agreement marks the beginning of a new era of corporate governance for Tesla, which some shareholders have argued is too tightly controlled by Musk and others closely aligned to him such as his brother Kimbal Musk. Investor and founding board member Steve Jurvetson is still on leave.

In 2017, Tesla diversified its board and added James Rupert Murdoch, the CEO of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc., and Linda Johnson Rice,Chairman and CEO of Johnson Publishing Company.

Other board members include: Robyn Denholm, who joined the board in 2014, Brad W. Buss, who has been on since 2009, Antonio Gracias, and Ira Ehrenpreis, one of longest-serving board members who joined in 2007.

The SEC filed a complaint Thursday in federal district court alleged that Musk lied when he tweeted on August 7 that he had “funding secured” for a private takeover of the company at $420 per share. Federal securities regulators reportedly served Tesla with a subpoena just a week after the tweet. Investigations can take years before any action is taken, if at all. In this case, charges were filed just six weeks later.

The SEC said in the complaint that Musk violated anti-fraud provisions of the federal securities laws. The commission has asked the court to fine Musk and bar the billionaire entrepreneur from serving as an officer or director of a public company.

Musk described fraud charges an “unjustified action” that has left him “deeply saddened and disappointed.”

Tesla and the board later issued a joint statement supporting Musk.

The complaint contains a number of eye-browing raising details, including that he had talked to the board about an offer to take Tesla private as early as August 2 when he sent to Tesla’s board of directors, chief financial officer and general counsel an email with the subject, “Offer to Take Tesla Private at $420.”
https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/29/elon- ... ccounter=1

Wat se jy nou Wilco? Trust you were shorting Tesla shares?

Tesla.JPG
Tesla.JPG (43.86 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Perhaps he will take a holiday now, go to a little Swiss clinic for a rest and shut up!

Caco