Windows Phones

Title says it all
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Windows Phones

#1 Post by OFSO » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 am

Tens - well, let's be charitable, possibly hundreds - of WIN phones disabled as latest MS 'update' removes the e-mail client. Oops.

Capetonian

Re: Windows Phones

#2 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 am

My first smartphone was a Windows phone. I was dragged kicking and screaming to the O2 shop by a friend. I was told to replace my neat little Nokia phone, the battery of which needed charging about once a year, and which was simple to operate, for a Windows phone.

The young lady in the shop laughed at me when I showed her my Nokia, and sold me a Windows phone which cost far less than I had expected to pay for such a wondrous beastie.

It did all sorts of magical tricks and could even get my email, tell me where I was, locate the nearest brothel, tell me if I had enough money in my bank account to visit said brothel, let me buy anything from a flight ticket to a car online and so on. The real problem was that by the time I'd worked out how to make a call or send a text, the battery was flat.

Anyway it worked fine for a year or so and then my son persuaded me to get an Android phone (a OnePlus, the same as the one we'd bought him for his birthday) and after learning to use the OnePlus, I realised how ***** the Windows OS on phones was.

I still keep a Windows phone as a spare but it is only for phoning and texting.