Text Messages

Title says it all
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Text Messages

#1 Post by OFSO » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

I regularly receive text messages (as in two or three times a day) and just as regularly don't realise I have (received them, that is). Phone or Tablet goes 'bleep' one time and that is that. If it's in my manbag or in the car or anywhere where I am not, I don't realise Someone Important (guess) has sent me a message, until hours later I look at the screen or get a rude phone call from Someone Important and you can all guess who that might be.

Anyone found an App that causes the phone to bleep until I hear it and realise I have to look at the darn thing ?

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Text Messages

#2 Post by rgbrock1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 pm

OFSO wrote:I regularly receive text messages (as in two or three times a day) and just as regularly don't realise I have (received them, that is). Phone or Tablet goes 'bleep' one time and that is that. If it's in my manbag or in the car or anywhere where I am not, I don't realise Someone Important (guess) has sent me a message, until hours later I look at the screen or get a rude phone call from Someone Important and you can all guess who that might be.

Anyone found an App that causes the phone to bleep until I hear it and realise I have to look at the darn thing ?

iOS, Android or Windows?
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by OFSO » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Android - OF COURSE. (Should know better than to ask, rg ! I have equal loathing for the fruit and the former-jobs products.)

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by rgbrock1 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:22 pm

OFSO wrote:Android - OF COURSE. (Should know better than to ask, rg ! I have equal loathing for the fruit and the former-jobs products.)

Go here and choose. All the listed apps are much better than the stock Android messaging app.

http://www.androidcentral.com/top-5-tex ... ps-android
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by OFSO » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:29 pm

I use WhatsApp for friends, happy with SMS. Nothing wrong with what I have. But even my wristband which is bluetoothed to the phone only vibrates once to let me know a message is in the box. If I miss that once, I've missed it.

What I really need is an App to run with the standard SMS and WhatsApp that beeps the phone say - every half hour - until I open a message.

Even my wristband knows when I've been sitting still for half an hour and vibes to tell me to get my fat ass off the seat and move around. Why can't the phone tell me I've missed a message ? (But discretely).

Bull at a Gate
FO
FO

#6 Post by Bull at a Gate » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:17 pm

At last! Something Apple does better than android. On my iPhone I can select how many times I get notified of an incoming SMS. It's very handy as I often miss the first one, or two, or three message received sounds.