EU just screwed the Internet

Title says it all
Slasher

EU just screwed the Internet

#1 Post by Slasher » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Article 11 and 13 specifically.

I vary rarely use European servers on VPN but I highly recommend for the time being Singapore if you have the option. At any rate this is yet another reason to detest the EU and its mindless purposeless self-serving crap.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: EU just screwed the Internet

#2 Post by boing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 am

I imagine Switzerland still works. Take a look at Protonmail.com, encrypted e-mail with VPN as an option.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

admin
Chief Engineer

#3 Post by admin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 am

EU Directives don't apply here. :-h

A recent conversation:
Cacophonix wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am
I suggest you educate yourself on the legislation relating to holding personal information ref. GPDR (see attached link as a simple starter ) and think carefully about refusing to delete my account if that is in fact what you are doing.
And I replied:
We've gone through all of this before Caco. At least a couple of times. As the beneficial owner of the site I am resident in Australia. The domain names are registered in Australia, and the site is hosted in Australia. So you can stick the EU sh!te up your arse. None of it applies on Ops-Normal. Sad I know. :D
Admin/Alison

Slasher

#4 Post by Slasher » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:59 am

admin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:20 am
EU Directives don't apply here. :-h
Yes...for the time being. But look at the last few minutes of the second link. It'll be pushed until it's global. Maybe not after tea time tonight or next week, but a practical method of restricting free speech through this precedent will attract every left wing moron everywhere.