Chrome Browser

Title says it all
ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Chrome Browser

#1 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon May 27, 2019 4:01 am

WIN H'eight. Chrome Browser

Suddenly lost all my "favourites" listed under the Bookmark option on the top bar.

I hit the two horizontal "V's" at top right, and a list of a million favourites from years hence still there, but how do I get my short list of recently created ones back. I've come across a suggestion that the Bookmark tab can be accidentally erased, and tough, gone forever. Dammit. WTF ?

Also ... the three little dots above the "V's" also on the extreme top right, had vanished and been replaced by an orange ! mark, which upon selecting advised me that "Blurb" needed my urgent attention. again WTF ?

Eventually, playing with the orange ! I eventually got to a request to enter e-mail and new password, which in retrospect I was sucked into, but then the three little dots came back.

I now appear to have joined some sort of password saving thing, and have to re-enter passwords when I go into prevously "password saved" websites.

Have I made a terminal mistake, and should I try to delete the Blurb thing, and unsubscribe. If so, is it easy to do ?

A moment lack of attention can scew up ones' whole life, but why did the Bookmark tab, and the three little dots disappear in the first place ?

Thanks.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chrome Browser

#2 Post by OFSO » Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 am

I had endless crashes with Chrome so went to Firefox which is completely stable. With DuckDuckGo as the search engine.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by unifoxos » Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am

I moved from Firefox to PaleMoon, a quicker stripped-down version.

Tried DDG as a browser, but it doesn't give me the results I want, Google does. I'd like to move off Google but it gives me the results I want 90% of the time.

Don't know what this Blurb is - I thought it was authoring software. Presumably this isn't so if you have given it email address and password, delete it immediately and change your email password straight afterwards.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Mon May 27, 2019 7:59 am

unifoxos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am
Tried DDG as a browser, but it doesn't give me the results I want, Google does.
I'd like to move off Google but it gives me the results I want 90% of the time.
+1

johngreen
FO
FO

#5 Post by johngreen » Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm

I have been using Opera for some time this being a browser that seems to rarely get a mention but which I have found to be very acceptable. It is necessary to go through the settings to eliminate all the unwanted extras but once done, it seems to behave very well. Anyone else tried it?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by G-CPTN » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 pm

johngreen wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm
I have been using Opera for some time this being a browser that seems to rarely get a mention but which I have found to be very acceptable. It seems to behave very well. Anyone else tried it?
+1

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by OFSO » Tue May 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Yes I have Opera installed in a corner of my PC. It does some things better and some worse than the 'Fox.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Alisoncc » Thu May 30, 2019 3:36 am

unifoxos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am
I moved from Firefox to PaleMoon, a quicker stripped-down version.
+1
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)