Paranoia

Title says it all
ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Paranoia

#1 Post by ian16th » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Am I being Paranoid?

I sent an e-mail to a couple of neighbours asking them if they could use my old half used ink cartridges.

Next I visited a local News site that demands adds as the access price.

On the 1st page was an advert for compatible ink cartridges!
Cynicism improves with age

Sisemen

Re: Paranoia

#2 Post by Sisemen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 pm

You’re not paranoid - they’re just keeping a watchful eye on you.

ribrash

#3 Post by ribrash » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

I asked for some books on Paranoia at the local library.The girl said they're behind you.

Slasher

#4 Post by Slasher » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:51 pm

It's getting that way that to ensure one's privacy one sits down with a pen, writes a letter, bungs it in an envelope then addresses and stamps it.

When it comes to Google one can't be too paranoid - avoid it like you would islam. Use a VPN, Duck duck go yer ass, and don't use any hardware even remotely related to Google in the house, in the car or the dog kennel out in the backyard.

Capetonian

#5 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:30 pm

A few weeks ago I was in the Algarve and was talking to a friend (face to face) about going to Vancouver. My phone was on the table. Later that evening I went onto a website to book a flight to Jersey and up popped an advert for 'cheap flights from Lisbon to Vancouver'.

I'm not paranoid but I know they're listening in!

Reminds me of the old days in ZA and Rhodesia where everyone used to say 'we shouldn't discuss this on the 'phone as the operators listen in.'

Then there was the story of the two old Irish ladies having a good old gossip and when it got to the juicy bit the one said : "We shouldn't talk about this on the 'phone as the operators listen in" and this voice said : "Dat we don't!"