wwsercher.biz

Title says it all
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

wwsercher.biz

#1 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

A new arrival on my machine - an occasional pop up, bottom right, advertising. This is on Firefox, but appears also from the internet to affect Chrome and be Google based. Malwarebytes and an AV scan have not picked it up. A quick 'hijack this' did not show it but I will do a slower one tomorrow.

Anyone else getting it?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: wwsercher.biz

#2 Post by llondel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:46 pm

I run NoScript and AdBlock Plus on my browsers. Sometimes it's a bit irritating trying to figure out what to allow to get a page to display but now I'm at the point where if there are thirty different sites trying to run a script o the page then I'm probably better off going elsewhere anyway.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:10 am

I took NoScript off a year or so ago as it was 'interfering' in something I cannot recall ( :)) ) but Adblock Plus is still there and not stopping it.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:58 am

OK - found it. It is Google, and there is an option to open 'settings' in the pop-up. This takes you to the 'Notifications' settings and there I found - unknown to me - I had 'authorised' wwsercher.biz and something called emailassistant. I no longer have and we will see.

Slightly annoyed!