ADDRESS BOOKS.........

Title says it all
Rossian
Capt
Capt

ADDRESS BOOKS.........

#1 Post by Rossian » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 pm

....bloody caps lock! Do any of you peeps in here have any suggestions for an address book programme that can have ordinary physical addresses as well as email addresses, telnos etc AND be able to print out labels for bloody Christmas cards, parcels. Madame's present add. book is so old it resides on an ancient laptop which Mosses could have written the commandments on.. The new printer refuses to recognise the programme and the PC won't accept it transferred on a memory stick. You can guess what has triggered this question... Every search turned up only email address books. I'd be ever so grateful, honest guv.

The Ancient Mariner

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: ADDRESS BOOKS.........

#2 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:33 pm

I think this might meet your requirements although time might be short for getting all the info in for this Christmas if you have a large list to type in!

https://www.avery.com/articles/take-the ... mail-merge

In the past I've used the free Avery Design and Print program which utilises Avery labels. You can put in ordinary physical addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers etc etc into the provided example Excel file - you can add headers such as 'Email Address' as you wish and modify the provided ones. When it comes to printing Christmas Card and similar labels you just deselect the colums or rows containing data that is irrelevant for those labels. You will have to select the Avery size of label, and number of labels on a sheet, to suit your requirements. Amazon has a good selection of Avery label sheets.

Probably all best explained in this Avery video...as long as you can put up with the fast American voice delivery!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by Rossian » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Thank you for that I will investgate further but it does have to meet the approval of SWMBO who actually does all the work. If it was my choice, cards of any description would vanish off the face of the earth.

The Ancient Mariner

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#4 Post by jimtherev » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 pm

Another vote for the Avery utility. Used it for years... tho' stubbornly still write Christmas card envelopes by hand.
Probably due to a faint memory of me ma saying in her most snooty voice, "It's so common to typewrite your envelopes, darling.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:45 am

Even more so to put it through a franking machine. We have a niece in Norfolk here cards arrive from Henderson Business Centre.