Microsoft Office

Title says it all
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Microsoft Office

#1 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:33 pm

I see Microsoft Office Professional Plus can be had for £27.95 perpetual licence. What are you getting? Are there annual costs? It is from Microsoft and seems just too good to be true.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Microsoft Office

#2 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:00 pm

I found that offer but when I tried to look at the website I got this:
Website blocked: microsoftstore.org.uk
Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks pages that come from websites with relatively light traffic and have been reported to have malicious activity.
Look at the website address - it's not from Microsoft in the USA.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am

Charlie, thank you. I did some more research, the price looks about right and I think it is stock clearance before a new version. Seems that 2019 is a one time purchase with fewer features than Office 365. The latter is a subscription program with new features added all the time.

After the way Windows updates are the updates that keep shafting you, who wants to subscribe to a program that promises to keep changing.

You need to uninstall 2016 before installing 2019. I believe them. I tried to install 2016 over 2007 and that led to massive email issues and data loss.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Well, buyer beware!

Scamadviser says microsoftstore.org.uk is redirected from mssoftware.co.uk . That website is also blocked by Malwarebytes. The 150 TrustPilot reviews are unverifiable as being genuine. A thread on Spiceworks throws up this in a 2016 post:
mssoftware.JPG
Then later in the thread:
mssoftware 1.JPG
and more:
mssoftware2.JPG
and finally from softwaremedia.com at https://softwaremedia.com/signs-of-micr ... oad-fraud/:
What to Watch Out for When Buying Microsoft Products Online

Many different online resellers market and sell Microsoft products without Microsoft’s approval. SoftwareMedia is committed to making sure you get exactly what you paid for: legitimate software recognized by Microsoft as a valid purchase forever.

The current Microsoft Office family of products no longer includes an installation disc with purchase. This means that you must go to www.office.com/setup and enter your 25-digit key code to download and activate the product. Many software resellers have found loopholes in this activation process, allowing them to sell fraudulent software at incredibly low prices. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org