Google itus

Title says it all
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Google itus

#1 Post by OFSO » Sat May 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Anyone else suffering from Googleitus? For the past few days, despite having changed nothing, I keep getting security alerts for unauthorized sign-ins. On being pressed for more info., Google admits it's unauthorised apps. signing in. On being pressed further, Google actually says 'unauthorised' means software I've been presumably using for years which suddenly is less than secure and 'might' present a problem. Google won't, of course, tell me which software or which of the many devices I have on Google is causing the problem. Needless to say, scans with Malware and AVG bring up nothing.

Google has just released a huge AI update into the system so I have to wonder. (Miss Home is now blathering about redecorating her house on Google Cloud. All very amusing. Try asking Her if she's bored...)

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Google itus

#2 Post by Boac » Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 pm

There is a setting somewhere where you can tell Mr/Mrs Gaggle that it is OK to use '3rd Party apps'. I had to do this to allow Outlook to work with Gmail!!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Google itus

#3 Post by OFSO » Sat May 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Indeed and thanks. I already changed this setting this morning, not without trepidation, but good to know somebody else had same problem and same solution!