Weird mobile phone/bluetooth 'event'

Title says it all
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Weird mobile phone/bluetooth 'event'

#1 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Motorola g4g, recently updated to Android 5.1, Skoda Yeti with bluetooth phone connection.

Used to work fine, but now on 'connect' it decides to 'play' my ringtone file - which I cannot stop - and it displays 'HDD' on the Yeti screen, listing the ringtones as it does??? The file remains 'open' on the mobi when disconnected but does not continue playing.

WTF?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Weird mobile phone/bluetooth 'event'

#2 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

WTF indeed...... before it expired, my HTC brought up the symbol for 'phone connected' on my car's computer screen. The replacement Huawei does no such thing but is still connected for i/c calls. Ah well, car will be changed for a new one next Monday and we shall see what THAT one does: it is supposed to be able to read text messages aloud. (Not much point in reading them silently, if you think about it).

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Weird mobile phone/bluetooth 'event'

#3 Post by Boac » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:21 pm

I think I have cracked it - unpaired the beast and re-paired. Still the same. Eventually I found a 'Play Music' icon on the phone and this had 'autoplay' of my ringtones set. NOT BY ME I hasten to add..... I had to laboriously delete each of the 40 RTs set, but now I just have normal BT audio. I assume this was somehow caused by the OS update to 5.1.