IPAD replacement

Title says it all
unifoxos
Capt
Capt

IPAD replacement

#1 Post by unifoxos » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:42 pm

I keep an inherited IPAD by my chair in the evenings. It's main use is for a periodic check on my web emails, reading kindle books and googling for the cast of the film I'm watching on the TV. I also have a few apps installed for control of household stuff - power points, lights, aircon and PVR etc.

I'm fed up with not being able to do anything with it, even a web-based facility (e.g. Google mail) doesn't show right and I can't find any way to get what I want out of it. Some of which is due to the children who only write web pages and apps to run on the very latest version of the OS and I don't want the hassle of upgrading the thing, even if it is possible.

So I'm looking for suggestions for a basic 10" Android pad that I has a recent version of the OS and doesn't break the bank. I've looked at the Galaxy (I have Galaxy mobile phones) but the price is ridiculous for any other than an ancient one. I'd like to have a recognised brand such as Lenovo or Acer but I know nothing about this market at all, so any experience offerred would be gratefully received. If one of the less well-known brands has turned out to be a star, I'd be happy to hear about it.

TIA
Uni
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: IPAD replacement

#2 Post by Wodrick » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:17 pm

What is a ridiculous price ? I have a galaxy tab A8 it has upgraded itself to Android 12 and, depending on specification can be circa £200.
It does all I ask of it and as mine is top spec it is wi-fi and LTE capable so I can use it wherever I go. I find it of great use in waiting rooms.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: IPAD replacement

#3 Post by OFSO » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:51 am

I bought an end-of-range or refurbished (can't tell!) Huawei tablet from Morgan for £80 years ago. Been my constant companion for YouTube and Amazon Prime every evening. Excellent device.