Firefox Add-On Adblocker Ultimate and Requested Verification Codes

Title says it all
CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Firefox Add-On Adblocker Ultimate and Requested Verification Codes

#1 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:40 pm

Hopefully the following might be of use to someone....it took me a good couple of hours for the solution to hit me.

I had previously arranged for a Cash ISA to be transferred from one provider to another. Today I received notification from the original provider that the transfer was complete so thought I would log in to my new account for the first time to check the funds had arrived. Whilst I could enter my User Name and Password, the verification code that I requested never arrived on my phone. Mrs C16 could log onto her account with the same provider and got a verification code without a problem. I won't bore you with all the things their excellent Customer Service suggested, although without a solution, so to cut to the chase.....the problem was down to me accessing the new provider's website using Firefox with Adblocker Ultimate as an Add-On. Once the new provider's website was whitelisted In Adblocker Ultimate the problem went away. Malwarebytes did not cause any problems. Mrs C16 uses Adblock Plus with no problem on the provider's website.

Adblocker Ultimate must block my request for a verification code from being sent to the Cash ISA provider. It does not block verification codes which are automatically sent to you, ie not requested.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Firefox Add-On Adblocker Ultimate and Requested Verification Codes

#2 Post by FD2 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:20 am

Thanks C16 - I have Adblocker Ultimate enabled - I'll check that first if I have any problems with my RBS account.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:51 am

Thanks also.
Just in the last 12 months, I have several add-ons which now interfere with verification.
They are all single faults, usually with one website only.
I use Ubuntu as the OS.

Ghostery
stops my Canadian Tire account working.
My video downloader stops .pdf 's being displayed.

The problems disappear when I suspend use of these add-ons.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:58 pm

I found that Hotmail would not transmit a bank account number (ie sort code and account number - I was sending it to a utility so that they could repay my 'credit overbalance'.