Autumn Photographs

Taking Pictures
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Autumn Photographs

#1 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 am

Not wishing to interfere with om15's "Autumn at Stourhead" series, here's a place for all to make their contribution:

I took this in the Tasmanian high country a year or so back. They have this bracken type undergrowth known as Tasmanian Fagus which changes colour quite dramatically in Autumn. A whole mountain side will change over a few weeks.

fagus2.JPG
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

angels
Capt
Capt

Re: Autumn Photographs

#2 Post by angels » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 am

Nice pic. From what I understand about Tasmania, this is an action photo.... :ymdevil:
All generalisations are false, including this one.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm

I know that many in these hallowed halls live in far more exotic places than me in my little corner of the world and you see these sights often, but we have had some - for us - spectacular autumn sunsets for the last few nights. Although Exmoor is formally recognised as a Dark Sky Reserve we are just as lucky here in the middle of unrecognised Scottish nowhere - no intrusive towns or villages or street lights for miles, just inky blackness.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by rgbrock1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:I know that many in these hallowed halls live in far more exotic places than me in my little corner of the world and you see these sights often, but we have had some - for us - spectacular autumn sunsets for the last few nights. Although Exmoor is formally recognised as a Dark Sky Reserve we are just as lucky here in the middle of unrecognised Scottish nowhere - no intrusive towns or villages or street lights for miles, just inky blackness.

That is an incredible photograph, CharlieOneSix. I've been to Scotland once in my life and was duly impressed. Not only by its natural beauty but by the warmth of the Scottish people. You're a fortunate person.
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by probes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:59 pm

See now, why people believe in aliens, ChOS? :)

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Tonight a friend saw that photo above and said I must have photoshopped the colours - I didn't, it's straight from the camera to here. Talking of aliens, I took the cloud formation photo below back in late Autumn 1999 at home here with an early digital camera. With its halo, facial features and flowing robes I've always thought it should be titled "The Face of God"........ or am I weird..... ;)

RIMG0084.jpg
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

hico-p
PPL
PPL

#7 Post by hico-p » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Weird - yes - it looks like a hairy Pekinese!!
... experience is the knowledge that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.