Allotment

Growing Things
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Allotment

#121 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 am

No, elephant droppings are just grass/hay nothing in there to help. Good idea about the weeds though they would compost down very well. Are you offering to come out here and pick them competing with the hippos and the crocs?

We do OK with cow and goat.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#122 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Just taken the temperature of the sand/soil in our plot. 51 Degrees. Do not think that we are going to have a frost problem.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#123 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:26 am

107 bananas harvested today. Our staff and friends will be very happy. Lots of rain but the plants do not look very happy. I am sure that i told 'erbert to fertilise them weeks ago. Must check to see if the fertiliser is still in the shed.

The rape is doing incredibly well. Every time you pick it, more grows. Our housekeeper is taking armfuls twice a week. We had a spare bed and asked her what she wanted us to grow for her, it was her suggestion. Good one. We are having a rice and rape dish for lunch today. Apart from the initial preparation of the bed with cow droppings and garden compost we have put nothing else on it.