Allotment

Growing Things
Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Allotment

#141 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:36 pm

That said, serious forestry work can be dangerous. I have just wangled my way onto a free Chainsaw Safety Course for next week.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#142 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:52 am

Well that is it, the last annual produce picked - sweet peppers. Now I just have to give him the planting plan for whilst we are away with orders not to blast the seeds out of the ground again with the hose. Absolute idiot. I will try to time it so things are ready for picking upon our return. Not much chance, he will screw up and we will have to start again as per last year.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#143 Post by om15 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

Four lines of spuds now planted, over winter onions, garlic and leeks are coming on well, complete plot re dug incorporating a load of manure. The two grape vines are budding well and raspberry canes are full of lush growth. There are still frosts, so the lettuce and cabbage plants are in the shed awaiting a weather forecast review.
Life at the allotments has picked up, there seems to be a competitive edge emerging, people strimming and weeding in order not to be shown up by neighbouring plots, I will post a photo or two in due course.

One of my neighbours has rather exotic bamboo plants in his garden and he has given me a large pile of canes that he has cut, so next job is trimming the best to length ready for use later in the summer.
Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again neither does milk.