A bit of a crappy question ......

Growing Things
Capetonian

A bit of a crappy question ......

#1 Post by Capetonian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:45 am

It isn't directly to do with gardening.

When I go round the garden and collect the dogs' 'deposits', I always wonder what is the best way to dispose of them from an ecological point of view.

- Plastic bag and into the general waste which I suppose goes to landfill. This is the path of least resistance.
- Down the toilet and into the sewage system
- Bury it in the garden

Any ideas?

Sisemen

Re: A bit of a crappy question ......

#2 Post by Sisemen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:19 pm

I always pop it through the letterbox of a neighbour I don’t like.

Capetonian

#3 Post by Capetonian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:26 pm

There isn't enough to target all of them!

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:36 pm

We save the plastic bags that bread, potatoes etc comes in and every few days go round the area where Dexter is trained to poo and collect it. It then goes into general waste and landfill. There are some trees on the walks we go on which have plastic bags of dog poo hanging from the branches. I've never quite understood the thinking process of people who quite rightly pick up the poo but then leave it hanging from trees. Weird!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#5 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:53 pm

There are some trees on the walks we go on which have plastic bags of dog poo hanging from the branches. I've never quite understood the thinking process of people who quite rightly pick up the poo but then leave it hanging from trees. Weird!
C16 I was going to say unbelievable, but then thought about it................

Personally if we had this situation I would put them in our bin bag, poo bags very loosely tied. We then take our rubbish to a cage in the local village where it is collected and taken to the land fill in town. However before it gets there all the locals rummage through your bag to see if there is anything of interest to them. :ymdevil:

In the Cotswolds we used to live on a very narrow country lane with a field opposite. I would get the poop onto the end of a hoe and catapult it across the lane into the field. On one occasion I was carrying said clean up operation when a very prim and proper lady in full expensive riding gear came trotting past. To this day she has no idea how close she came to a flying dog turd. It missed her by inches. =)) I would have blamed the birds. Big ones.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#6 Post by Capetonian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I completely fail to understand the poo bags hanging on trees. I go walking in the woods in the Surrey Hills and it's bloody everywhere. Human behaviour sometimes defies belief.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Proper answer.

My aunt had a plastic bin buried in the garden. I don't think it had a bottom. She added some product, don't know what, followed by the poo. That was it. The one ate the other.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:26 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:36 pm
..........There are some trees on the walks we go on which have plastic bags of dog poo hanging from the branches. I've never quite understood the thinking process of people who quite rightly pick up the poo but then leave it hanging from trees. Weird!
pootree.jpg
pootree.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 pm

C16, it is an immutable law of poo bag ballistics that any poo bag lobbed joyfully in to an open space will unwittingly intercept any passing twig and finish suspended for ever more.