RAF erks

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

RAF erks

#1 Post by ricardian » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:34 pm

I am an RAF Veteran.........I've mopped and bumpered, polished, bulled, FOD plodded , dusted, litter picked the universe, been f@~ked about, fun starts, fun stops, paraded for the practice parade before the parade, marched up, down and back again, got on the bus, got off the bus, guarded gates, "shapes" and wide open spaces, guarded crashed aircraft, looked for bits of crashed aircraft, knocked off, had early stacks and worked hours a civvy would have long since packed in. Endured BFT's, beastings , long stands, NAAFI breaks, SRO’s, SSO’s, numerous extras, pulled up a sandbag, swung lanterns, frequented the trailer of knowledge, 'Happy Hours' in Squadron bars, witnessed the dance of the flaming a#*eholes, dambusters, hanger footy and cricket with bodge tape balls, surfed ironing boards & drank my body weight on many occasions . I speak fluent abbreviation and acronym, 1250, 252, F653A, F653B, F653C, compo, SHQ, SMO, SWO, gizzits, buckshee, basha, dhobi, bevvy, champagne breakfast, walk of shame ..... and done a little bit of military stuff as well as well.
But most of all, I am so proud of all those that gave everything and made the ultimate sacrifice for us all. They will never be forgotten and I hope they are giving it large in the bar up there!
Respect to those Heroes and also the Heroes who are still on this mortal coil who may have physical or mental issues, I hope you can live long and happy lives, there are people and organisations who really can help!!
I was never a hero , though I’ve walked in the shadows of thousands.
We will remember them
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: RAF erks

#2 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:44 pm

Remembering all who served, here and elsewhere. ^:)^
Will be heading out shortly for our Veteran's Day Parade. :YMAPPLAUSE:

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:13 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:44 pm
Remembering all who served, here and elsewhere. ^:)^
Will be heading out shortly for our Veteran's Day Parade. :YMAPPLAUSE:

PP
Just back from the parade.
I always go around starting time and go further down the parade route. This made me miss being present for the flyover by a 4-ship of Stearman 75s and another 4-ship of T-6s, I think, too far away to be sure.
The Stearmans routinely overfly my house on the way to do flyovers for military funerals at the National Memorial Cemetery.
Sadly, fewer and fewer WWII and Korean vets around to be in the parade.

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:30 am

Forgot to mention the pair of UH-60s that flew up the parade route in formation at ~1,000' part way through. :-bd

PP