Red Storm Rising

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Red Storm Rising

#21 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:37 am

Following 4ma's, each V-bomber had a designated recovery airfield. Their instruction was to recover overhead and request instructions.

Now some missions would terminate in proximity to airfields in neutral countries. I requested AIDU to provide whatever plates they had for selected airfields in these countries. Naturally I could not tell them why.

They duly sent me copies of Jepson as that was the best they had. However, without any more ado they then drew up the RAF plates for these airfields, no questions asked.

Sometime later, with no further demands, they dropped them.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:34 pm

T'is well over 30 years since I was in that job and much, no doubt, will have changed in the grand scheme of things. Even as the first pick-axe was being taken to the Berlin Wall, the plans came under review to determine if they were still necessary - part of the so-called "peace dividend". The fella who took over from me when I was posted told me a few months later that he had been dis-established, posted out and the job had gone.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:38 pm

Another RSR chapter visualized

ISTR it's the second action for the stealth fighters, after the Chap 17 bit posted earlier, if you want to view them in sequence.

Two more chapters are in the works.
Been somewhat delayed as the creator is having some copyright problems with YT.

Another creator is attempting the same thing with a different flight sim visualisation.

There are at least 9 in this series. Not so good from a storytelling point of view, but longer with more flying.