Let's discuss

Want to talk about ops-normal, the site itself.
nomorecatering
ATPL
ATPL

Let's discuss

#1 Post by nomorecatering » Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Now that it has been established that homophobia and transphobia is a bannable offense here, perhaps we can have a discussion as to why racism, misogyny and general bigotry is not?

Capetonian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Let's discuss

#2 Post by Capetonian » Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Perhaps you could initiate that discussion by defining what you mean by those grossly abused terms.
One thing you can say for the French, when civilization falls they have less far to fall than everyone else.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat May 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Or, indeed, what is meant by "here".
Alison has patiently explained that she is responsible for the site under Australian law, so is your question about that?

As to the definition of the terms, it matters not a whit what definition we like, but what the justice system chooses them to mean, this week, and that is an increasing problem worldwide. The Canadian Parliament recently passed a motion condemning Islamophobia, whilst steadfastly refusing to define what Islamophobia was.

Alice through the Looking Glass is relevant here:
“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

admin
Chief Engineer

#4 Post by admin » Sun May 12, 2019 12:48 am

nomorecatering wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 pm
Now that it has been established that homophobia and transphobia is are a bannable offense here,
Negative. We are extremely tolerant of just about anything and everything here, except outright extremism. What are not acceptable are personal attacks on the individual.

Atrocious spelling and grammar, are indictable offences.

Admin

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 am

Gingernuts in the wrong context too.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#6 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Are Jammy Dodgers allowed? Once had them in Maun Lodge on the cheese and biscuits board.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.