AtomKraft

Please introduce yourself if you are planning on staying around. Thanks
AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

AtomKraft

#1 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 am

Hi folks
An introduction from me. I'm also exPprune, and much banned due to my old habit of posting after feeling thirsty, general intolerance of those I don't much fancy, and lack of political correctness. I prefer to be correct, compared to politically correct.
Previous Pprune monicker were Brain Fade, BarbiesBoyfriend and one or two others which I'll add in later if I remember them.
I'm a current 'driver airframes'. Flogging away these days in far away something-Stan.

In my case flying began in the winter of 1974 at a quaint little airfield called Kirknewton, near Edinburgh. I was solo in a Sedbergh before even reaching 16, due to a mistake being made about my age. I got led into flying at a very early age when, as a fan of 'Stingray', I failed to realise that the thing conducted its business underwater....

Anyways, relearned Gliding during my time in the Army Air Corps in West Germany. Does anyone remember Bob Bickers at Gutersloh? He was an instructor of mine, and a jolly nice chap. I also flew weekends at Eagle GC at Detmold. Anyone else?

Finding myself a civvie again, I sought employment first as a social worker, looking after mentally handicapped adults, and then spent a few years in a Children's home, no- I was working there, not the oldest resident- looking after troubled teenagers. That was fun...
Then, well n truly 'burnt out' I got a job selling Volvo cars via an old contact of my Dads'. My da also flew at the West of Scotland as a PPL.

After learning properly, started with Loganair on the Shed. Iain Weir taught me to fly again at the West of Scotland Flying Club at Glasgow, and we flew together on the Shed sometimes. He's now a 380 Capt. With EK. In total I've learned to fly three times. The gaps in between were long enough for me to forget damn near everything...
I had the usual career with first, Loganair, which became British Regional, then BACitiExpress and then BA Connect, before its final iteration for me, BA CityFlyer. Flew the J41, Embraer 145, Avro RJ 100 (like a 146) and then the Embraer 170/190.
I left there after a bit of a falling out after an RTO.....
After that I flew for a few years in India, and for the first time in a while began really using the privileges of my license. In India, one gets 100% of a Captains responsibilities, whereas in the U.K. You get about 50% in my view. The company makes most of the decisions for you in the U.K., either directly or via the SOP. Not so in India. You make your own.
Sadly the fun was not to last, as they went tits up, but it was great while it lasted. Best bit was meeting the lovely Indian hostie, who is now my wife. Getting divorced wasn't as much fun tho. See my old thread 'Younger Women' on TOP for further entertainment....
Anyways, now battering on in the Stan, for a well known carrier. Coming up on 13,000 hours.

I really like Ops-normal, and a big thank you to Alison. I'm contributing after reading the thread about there not being enough aviation content on the thread about this bulletin board. Just my 2p worth.
S.
Btw, I'm another member of the Cacophonix fan club!

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: AtomKraft

#2 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 am
I'm also exPprune, and much banned due to my old habit of posting after feeling thirsty, general intolerance of those I don't much fancy, and lack of political correctness. I prefer to be correct, compared to politically correct.

Btw, I'm another member of the Cacophonix fan club!

Atom I appreciate the call out (the cheque is in the post by the way). ;)))

I knew that ops-normal was really on its way up when you arrived here. One of the threads I missed contributing to most when I was rusticated by the dour lot at TOP was your "Missiles" one.

My departure from TOP also being perfectly described by your due to "my old habit of posting after feeling thirsty, general intolerance of those I don't much fancy".

Good to have you here. Happy contrails wherever you go.

Caco

admin
Chief Engineer

#3 Post by admin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:41 am

Welcome AtomKraft, thought you were part of the furniture from way back. Quite a few joined us in the early days but never settled in. Pleased you have now. Enjoy.

Admin/Alison

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 am

Yes, I have been around. Thought it was time for a proper 'aviation oriented' introduction in the light of the dearth of aviation related content.

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#5 Post by jimtherev » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi AK
Blessings!
Jim

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:46 am

Jim
Well, thanks!
:-)

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by probes » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:24 am

Interesting, AK :)
I've always been intrigued by the moniker - both in full and the 2-letter format (associations, youknow...), and now, even better - considering the previous ones.
Well, that's not to be too straightforward about enjoying the life events, i.e. reading about them :-o

P.S. ditto about Caco