BARKING MAD

Please introduce yourself if you are planning on staying around. Thanks
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

BARKING MAD

#1 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Why is it that popping back into this room from a long absence it's like walking into a sitting room with lovely furniture, a lingering waft of woodsmoke, similar waft of alcohol and friendly bunch of old and new friends?

The "other place" is hostile and full of 'eejits' through whose drivel I have to trawl in search of intelligent life.

After 16 years RAF and 26 years in commercial I hung up the headset at 64 and 3/4 years old and am very grateful to be around to talk about it.

Occasionally nice things have been said about me in both places and I hope to continue not to offend, except the mods in the 'other place'!

Now that I'm on my own I have spent some time and effort reconnecting with former colleagues and pleased to have linked up with long-lost mates from both branches of aviation.

I'm planning a trip down-under next year but as aged SLF I have concerns about the current force of aircrew who move metal above my head now and with me inside soon!

I have a few threads cluttering up my cranium and will post when events prompt a hopefully articulate response.

Meantime I'm glad to be aboard opsnormal and look forwards to associating with former and new friends. Feel free to PM me if anyone recognises the dalmatian? :O3

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BARKING MAD

#2 Post by Boac » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Good to see you back, mate.

Brian W May
CPL
CPL

#3 Post by Brian W May » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Ee up lad, welcome.

I too am appalled by reports of the effects of bean-counters on training, coupled with the attitude and ability of many of today's young pilots.

I am aware the industry can only recruit from the product of our education system . . . think on the new fact upcoming. Boys can have periods - as part of gender fluidity and other such idiocy, these poor sods who are being brainwashed are one day going to be up front trying to sort out what's real and what's not real in the aircraft.

Are you all happy with this . . . those kids could be pilots within 15-20 years.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 am

Welcome on board Brian.
Brian W May wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm
Are you all happy with this . . . those kids could be pilots within 15-20 years.
No they won't. Their job may be to monitor the computers, and not touch anything. There purely to maintain sanity within the ranks of the SLF. Little expectation of still taking to the skies in my nineties, so do I care. !!! :YMPARTY:

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)