Deadline

Seenenough

Deadline

#1 Post by Seenenough » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 am

When will your Guillotine on your subs fall,admin2?

PS I'm so happy to see OM 15 back as I thought he was gone forever.

I would really like to present him a gift of a years subscriptions to help encourage him to remain active-Will your rules permit me paying for him.admin2?

TheGreenAnger
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Deadline Thursday Night

#2 Post by TheGreenAnger » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 am
When will your Guillotine on your subs fall,admin2?

PS I'm so happy to see OM 15 back as I thought he was gone forever.

I would really like to present him a gift of a years subscriptions to help encourage him to remain active-Will your rules permit me paying for him.admin2?
I am sure he doesn't need your funding Seenenough.

Be careful, lest you be accused of right wing virtue signaling. The unawakened ringwingers accused of woke! ;)))

But on a serious note, it is good to see some of you ringwingers back here. I have missed the banter and faux outrage.

Let the good times roll.
My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Dear Admin, I flippin give up!

#3 Post by John Hill » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:14 am

So here is the story, I have just spent about 20 minutes negotiating the WU website while inputting much more private information that is usually thought to be prudent but at last it appeared to be all OK until I pressed the send button only to be told that they can't do it. So I called the 0800 phone number (which I think was answered in a shepherd's hut in Bhutan) to be told that the credit card company (VISA) would not allow the NZ$6 transfer but the very nice lady was kind enough to clear my connection with WU, although I am quite confident they did not delete any of my private details.

Local buzz is that there is a WU agent in this town but nobody seems to know exactly where or else I could go to the WU office in Christchurch (NZ). So if I feel inclined to go on an all day drive spending about $100 on petrol I could send $6 to the forum.

Please excuse me if there is some delay on this matter or if you feel strongly about it would you please delete my registration at Ops-Normal.

Cheers
John

Krimminy! Now I have an email to say my VISA card has been blocked by their fraud section. Fortunately my bank is a real bank and they immediately unblocked the card, well not immediately, not really as I had to listen to a few 'easy listening' tracks before getting an answer.

I am going to put this on the forum for entertainment value.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

admin2
Capt
Capt
Re: Deadline

#4 Post by admin2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:18 am

Dealing with this by PM.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by om15 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 am

That is a very generous offer Seen, however I have borrowed £3 from my wife, but a kind thought all the same. I am saddened by the number of old original members that are no longer posting, with VP as the latest casualty, I do hope this isn't three quid down the drain.
John, you could always put a Postal Order in the post (surface mail), except that the Royal Mail is on strike of course.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by John Hill » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 am

om15 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 am
John, you could always put a Postal Order in the post (surface mail), except that the Royal Mail is on strike of course.
I think the Post Office stopped selling Postal Orders in 2018!
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#7 Post by k3k3 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:14 am

John Hill wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 am
om15 wrote:
I had to buy a postal order to renew my German passport last year, it's the only form of payment the consulates can accept to forward to the embassy in London.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#8 Post by admin2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:20 am

om15 wrote:I am saddened by the number of old original members that are no longer posting, with VP as the latest casualty, I do hope this isn't three quid down the drain.
A significant number of those, including the ones Alison banned 'for life' had not been active since registering in 2015, and many had not even 'logged in' for years. VP can make his own choice, of course. You are always welcome to a refund of your wife's money.

Who in particular are you 'mourning'?

Seenenough

#9 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:02 pm

How many subscribers have you got at the moment,admin2?

I seem to recall also that there is a committee that was put in place when you took over from Alison and I would be most interested to hear if they were in the loop regarding your recently imposed rules which were clearly a deviation from how things were calmly and peacefully run in the past

admin2
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by admin2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:14 pm

All you have to do is read! Yes, it's that simple.

Seenenough

#11 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:17 pm

admin2 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:14 pm
All you have to do is read! That simple.
Read what?

....and the question I asked about the committee .Where would I read about that?

admin2
Capt
Capt

#12 Post by admin2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:22 pm

Was it Churchill, Shakespeare, Twain, Wilde....?

Seenenough

#13 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:41 pm

admin2 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:22 pm
Was it Churchill, Shakespeare, Twain, Wilde....?
Are these random ramblings or are you indirectly ,in your "it was not me " way answering the commitee question I asked?

admin2
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by admin2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:51 pm

'random ramblings' You could always ask them yourself.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by om15 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:52 pm

Seen, this sticky might help you, "No mods and few rules"

https://www.ops-normal.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12

Seenenough

#16 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:26 pm

om15 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:52 pm
Seen, this sticky might help you, "No mods and few rules"

https://www.ops-normal.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12
I'll take a look OM.The highlighted part tickles my interest.

I see that admin2 is also not willing to update the numbers as to how many subscribers he has now got.The last report he gave was 25 which is a bit anemic and concerning if measured against the 91 members that the forum says there are.

Maybe he is a bit inundated with all of the payment e-mails and messages that he was groaning about having to wade through, a day or so ago.

He brought it upon himself though as he was the one who required everyone to pay subscriptions.He should have been ready for it as he will have previously in his career experienced that when pilots get moved to" fly desks" that there is a lot of paperwork that comes with the new rating.

Seenenough

Re: Deadline Thursday Night

#17 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:02 pm

TheGreenAnger wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 pm

I am sure he doesn't need your funding Seenenough.

But on a serious note, it is good to see some of you ringwingers back here.

I have missed the banter and faux outrage.

Let the good times roll.
Green

As you saw OM,politely and graciously, answered to say thank you but also informed that he had paid using borrowed funds.

I'm offended if you are referring to me ,being one of those who are back, as being a rightwinger.

Those of us who live in the US are being told by the World's beloved Uncle Joe that people considering voting for political candidates who does not have (D) behind their names are the Semi-Fascists and White Rightwing Supremacists.

I ,amongst many millions here in the US, might have some conservative views regarding law enforcement, sanctity of international borders and balanced budgets and financial discipline , amongst others, but certainly I am not the Rightwing AVB type.

....the faux outrage.....Yes we see this everyday in the rightwing hating press ,who have little public trust as shown in many surveys.They got particularly fired up as an example when a planeload of illegal border breaching immigrants showed up to look for the promise of "The American Dream",in the Obama retirement village AKA Martha's Vinyard.

Regarding letting the good times roll.I trust that you got the issues that caused you to roll about, under control and I look forward to debate ,free of personal and arrogant insults.

Seenenough

#18 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:22 pm

admin2

During our private communication you urged me to "Get back in there and pump it up? "

We also spoke about this " “Some stats regarding who have gone silent and who posts the most.I suspect there are about ten or fifteen participants who make up 80-90 percent of all comments.”

You also said this

"You can actually do this yourself by dropping down to ‘members’ and looking at the post numbers?"

Well I'm back and I'm also happy that my "pumping it up" brought OM-15 ,who is a very long standing member ,out of hibernation.I hope others come back also.

I then took your advice and went into the members list and looked about.

It was noteworthy that it looked nowhere near how it previously looked when I last saw it.

You asked OM who he was mourning and in looking through the list:-

SOPS-May 22,4mstacker -last six weeks,Barkingmad-May22,Magnus-last six weeks,Bob -March 22,Creme Egg-May 22,Nick
Rivera-May 22.

Further observation is that there are less than 20 people on the form who make up by far the majority of the postings, as I suspected.

There is however one glaring entry on the list that many would not notice .We have one person on the list, who having apparently only joined us ten weeks ago, has made over a thousand postings ,which over the 85 days measured comes out at about 12 posts a day. We of course know that it is the same person who has posted previously under several different names over the years by initially using the name Caco and then changing it to The Green Goblin which he has now changed to The Green Anger.

It seems that the real data about this person who actually joined the forum at about the same time as I did, which was around 2018 'has somehow become lost in the laundry as the previous names have been deleted from the member list during your cleanup of the members list.

It we were to report his combined numbers from his changing name tags you would find him way out in front of us all, by far, as the most prolific poster.I estimate that as a poster, regardless his name, that his post numbers would be much closer to about 25 000.

The history of the poster has usually repeated itself where he ends up having to come back and apologize to other members for his apparent drunken and insulting behavior which's many know, really turned ugly in May of this year when he had some really nasty things to say to OM.

Maybe this has something to do with why some members have gone silent as they are fed up with his absolute dominance of much of what is said or perhaps are afraid to say something freely and then suffer being insulted if they say something that he does not like or tolerate.

You also said this to me admin2 "I would encourage opposing viewpoints and will endeavour to keep things ‘gentlemanly’😊"

As you have seen I have prodded a bit at the Green Anger and within two or three prods his real insulting character popped out again where as soon as opposing views ,he did not agree ,with responded to by declaring me to be "innumerate".Even today he goes after the "rightwingers" apparently trying to welcome's people back but as usual using the opportunity to also throw out one his high and mighty, arrogant insults.

The really troubling one to me ,admin2 is that despite your undertakings that you would endeavor to keep things 'gentlemanly' and accept opposing views ,you did not hesitate to insult VP and I by declaring us both to be "on drugs".

This forum has zero hope of prosperity if you,especially in your role as Administrator, are going to issue such insults to those who challenge your views.

Seenenough

#19 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:35 pm

Are you moderating the post I have just attempted to make, admin2?

It showed for a minute but has mysteriously vanished.

You can't deal with truth and fact, can you Admin2 especially when it comes from someone you have declared is "on drugs"

Lets see how long you can stay awake waiting to avoid the truth?

Locking won't help-It is all screenshot and like Caco it is easy to re-incarnate myself as a "new" member.

Seenenough

#20 Post by Seenenough » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:21 pm

John Hill wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 am
om15 wrote:
John,I just paid your subs ,to ease the admins to speak-I hope you accept my gift in the same way that OM appreciated my attempt to give him a gift.

Do not publish email addresses. £3 received.