The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread I

General Chit Chat
Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread 1

#1881 Post by Wodrick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:00 am

Greetings,
High cloud today and just 20, the optimist expects 26 later.
Sorry Ibbie but your parcel will have to hang around at EMA until I get back Friday night. Hope it's nothing urgent.

It was my parcel HF and it has managed without you, as of 20 minutes ago it was in Sevellia.
Bones do seem to be an age thing, and changing the first digit, as you have just done, is the trigger.
Bit of the shop and meeting a bloke at midday to exchange two gas bottles for €.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1882 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:16 am

Morning folks. Drab and miserable outside, one shall stay indoors.

After finding that bit of metal, the archaeologist got his mate to look at it. So, two archaeologists = three opinions. "It's fish-belly rail". No it's not, it's a firebar from a loco's grate." "No it's not, it's from a ploughing machine". ~X(

Theo has arrived - play time!! :YMHUG:
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1883 Post by Ibbie » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 am

Good morning.

Today marks the 43rd anniversary of Mrs IB and I getting married at Mossley Methodists Church, at the back of the market ground.
It is also the start of Fuengirola Feria.

Finally, three years down the line and after a horrendous balls-up by a judge here in Spain, son's ex is in court in London this Friday regarding not letting him see his children and taking them to the UK without permission. It's been a long haul.
Thanks to Tall Bird for all your help on this.

Always thought a pool medical was when you checked the chlorine levels in your swimming pool.

If there were chlorine in ours there would be a problem...it's a salt water one. #-o

Beaufort

#1884 Post by Beaufort » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 am

Morning all, still blustery but due to ease down.

Happy Anniversary to the Ibbie's and good luck for your son. :)

tony draper
Snr FO
Snr FO

#1885 Post by tony draper » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:25 am

Morning peeps ghastly wet here.
Interesting photo.

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1886 Post by Tall Bird » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 am

A very soggy morning here. Was kept awake by the sound of rain plopping onto the bedroom window cill. Will not be getting the ladder out to check the guttering today.

Two meetings today, one of which will be a whingefest I think, followed by an afternoon at the flicks.

Congrats Mr & Mrs Ibbie on the wedding anniv. Fingers crossed for Friday. Let me know if more ammo is required! :ymdevil:

Happy SLF

#1887 Post by Happy SLF » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:57 am

[quote="Ibbie"]Good morning.

Finally, three years down the line and after a horrendous balls-up by a judge here in Spain, son's ex is in court in London this Friday regarding not letting him see his children and taking them to the UK without permission. It's been a long haul.

[quote]

All the very best to you, Mrs Ibbie and your son I really really hope the outcome is the one you want the most.

Well done to Tall Bird as well.

BTW you have a rude u-tube link in your pm's =))

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1888 Post by Wodrick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 am

Congrats *Ibbies* and let's hope sense favours the lad on Friday

43 years eh, where you taking Mrs IB ? 43 years = travel.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1889 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:35 am

Congrats Ibbies and good luck, Trabb force and all that.

Well I never knew you didn't have chlorine in a sea water pool. We don't have many in Botswana but a few on Amorgos. They charge you to fill it! So how do you treat it?

25 for 36, threatening 40 next week. We both keep stepping on Devils thorns, they seem to blow all over the place. At least they pull out easily.

Just watching mammoth watering. Don't know why we didn't give the gardeners extra hours to do it before.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1890 Post by Wodrick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 am

Forgot to mention was up at 04.30. GSP clattered down to wake us as summat up. Nearly Dally had put the tiles to the test with sickness and diarrhoea, so one was mopping up at 05.00 consequently buggered as not easy to drop off again after that.

How many 'famous' people went to our school ExA

And 'Salt Water Pool' from Wiki.

Salt water chlorination is a process that uses dissolved salt (2,500–6,000 ppm) as a store for the chlorination system.The chlorine generator (also known as salt cell, salt generator, salt chlorinator) uses electrolysis in the presence of dissolved salt (NaCl) to produce hypochlorous acid (HClO) and sodium hypochlorite (NaClO), which are the sanitizing agents already commonly used in swimming pools. As such, a saltwater pool is not actually chlorine-free; it simply utilizes a chlorine generator instead of direct addition of chlorine.

Watching Mammoth watering is cheating.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1891 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:56 am

Happy SLF we had to Google Simon Gallaher at the time; he's a relatively known Aussie entertainer with a good singing voice. Recorded the complete Gilbert and Sullivan works and flogged it for a fortune to the British =))
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1892 Post by Woody » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

Well done to the IBbIES, hope all goes well Friday.
Swimming pools, huh, just spent two hours cleaning the fish tank out, got lively when one of the little buggers jumped out of the bowl I'd put them in and fell down behind the chest of drawers we keep the tank on, it seems happy enough now back in the main tank 8-|
Good job it's roast beef tonight, might have to break open some Vergelegen red to go with it :D
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1893 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 am

How many 'famous' people went to our school ExA

Well there was you and me Wodders. Or do you mean infamous. Like those in Strangeways next door for misunderstanding the meaning of fiddling with your student. :-o
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1894 Post by Woody » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am

Lawyers making pies :-o

Eat Square pieImage copyrightEat Square
Image caption
Eat Square has been told Square Pie is a registered trademark
A company which makes square-shaped pies has been told it cannot call them "square" by a rival pie maker.
Wiltshire firm Eat Square started making "square pies" earlier this year.
But the phrase is a registered trademark of London-based Square Pie, which has taken action to protect its intellectual property rights.
Alex Joll, from Eat Square, said: "We have to stop calling them square pies, so from now on they're just pies."
Based in Bradford-on-Avon, Eat Square was set up in 2014 with the idea of offering "square meals" including square pies.
But in July, Mr Joll said it was a "bit of a shock" when he got a letter telling him to "stop using Eat Square, Square Pie or anything to do with square".
"We've taken every reference to square pies off our website - there's pictures of square pies but we don't call them square pies," he said.
"We'll also be finding out next month if we can keep our name Eat Square, but we'll keep making square pies and that's the main thing."
'Enough pie lovers'
Martin Dewey, the founder of Square Pie in London, said it had no objection to Eat Square making and selling square-shaped pies.
He said the dispute was over the adoption of "branding and associated language" which had various trademarks in place.
"I had no reply from Eat Square when I wrote informally and sadly have had to use legal methods," he said.
"There's more than enough pie lovers to go round, without trying to pass off people's branding and goodwill built up over 15 years of very hard work."
I know there are some very serious pie eaters on this site!
When all else fails, read the instructions.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#1895 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:47 am

If you say "square" too many times - it does start to sound funny.
History does Not repeat itself through time. It does however, sometimes rhyme.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#1896 Post by limeygal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:06 am

Cheam Common Junior School in Surrey

Tall Bird-I went to Nonsuch, is that close to your school? which reminds me, Harry Secombe's daughter was a couple of years ahead of me there. The roller picked her up every day (I caught the bus-sigh!)

slfsfu
CPL
CPL

#1897 Post by slfsfu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 am

Well, made it back but that there hossifer dun grumble that one were back already when twere him wot tells I to (naught… (bad)) word off an he don't care if I never do comes back :-w

L/B no 5 engineer (aka SWMBO) dun had a knee replace…(new one) so tings is busy at present :-w

Not sure wot been goin' on wi' the ladies :-o . One dun make loads o' they unmentionables from t' signal flags and sail-cloth and dun leave 'em in t' signal locker but they still all be there - one thinks it may be the "Papa" and "Quebec" flags wot dun cause a problem :ymblushing:

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#1898 Post by limeygal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 am

Congrats to the Ibbies-sounds like you kids might make a go of it! :ymparty: Great news about the court appearance. Perhaps they will bring in the hanging judge!! :-BD

Slfsfu-Hope SWMBO's knee makes a rapid recovery. TRABBforce coming her way. Oh, and as for the unmentionables, sail cloth don't 'alf chafe. Can't you get your hands on some parachute silk? There might be a pair of tight in it for you ;)

angels
Capt
Capt

#1899 Post by angels » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Afternoon. Dull and overcast.

Ate breakfast a bit later than usual (bangers, tomatoes, egg on toast) and it's sort of just sitting there. Hate that feeling. :-Q

Well done to Tall Bird for helping the Ibbies out and good luck for Friday.

slfsfu - Just between you, me and the gatepost old boy, if you're going to get parachute silk for limeygal, please don't go and borrow it from Colchester again. The Paras weren't too happy last time you did it as they don't like having to use their reserves after their mains deploy with great knicker-shaped holes in them. :-ss

Just remembered that England football manager Roy Hodgson went to my school and that's it as regards famous schoolmates. The only person of note who went to my kids' secondary school was Richard Reid the (thankfully failed) shoe-bomber. The teachers do love it when you remind them of the fact.... :ymdevil:
All generalisations are false, including this one.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1900 Post by Magnus » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Bought the new external security light, but it's persisting down, so I think I'll avoid playing with 240V outside for now. Garage light fettled, though.

Gotta go; Judge Rinder has started.