The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#221 Post by handsfree » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 am

Morning all. Welcome to the start of another week for those that still indulge.
A bit chilly today, just 13C at present but dry.

nothing planned apart from keeping warm and resting.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#222 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:52 am

Just remitted a sizeable sum of money in the way of payment of money on account to HMRC i.e. money they demand this year on the basis of their estimation of my earnings based upon those from the previous tax year. I am might as well just give them the Vaseline and pay them for the shafting I am getting as well!

Money on account? Day light robbery more like, or demanding money with menaces. We are not free friends, we are slaves to an ever grasping political class aided by an over weaning bureaucracy enabled by a failed economic/political system in thrall to the master robbers of the universe, namely a failed political class, a cabal of big banks, corporates and perhaps even the Vogons and their bad poetry!

On the other hand it is grey, much cooler and the beginning of the week. Another Blue Monday beckons methinks!

All that remains is to jump off a bridge or hang oneself like poor old Ian Curtiss did bringing the "aptly" named Joy Division to a shuddering halt.

The ever optimistic Caco in search of a revolution but not before his helicopter lesson tomorrow.

=))

Caco

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#223 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:16 am

Morning.

Been to collect grandchildren for us to look after until 14.00.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#224 Post by CharlieOneSix » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 am

Enjoy your R44 lesson tomorrow Caco! Autorotations and engine off landings maybe?

That's Mrs C16's brother and nephew away shortly from their weekend here. Just enough time to draw breath before my brother arrives on Wednesday from Devon for a week's stay. A fairly decent day here, sunny, 16C and rising. Off to the recycling centre with a month's worth of glass...mainly beer bottles...
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#225 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 am

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 am
Enjoy your R44 lesson tomorrow Caco! Autorotations and engine off landings maybe?

That's Mrs C16's brother and nephew away shortly from their weekend here. Just enough time to draw breath before my brother arrives on Wednesday from Devon for a week's stay. A fairly decent day here, sunny, 16C and rising. Off to the recycling centre with a month's worth of glass...mainly beer bottles...

Spot on C16! :-bd

Caco

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#226 Post by Wodrick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 am

Morning all,
Normal, bit of overnight wind so viz is more normal.

All required accomplished yesterday, trying to avoid the Costa this morning, Mondays are mad but need to check the post.

Ceemen Pond this afternoon, it has been catching mice again.

Certain keys on this keyboard are feeling 'spongy' notably the space bar, must see if I can find a new one.

Nil further.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#227 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 am

Dismissed the housekeeper this morning. Since we got back she has been incredibly lazy (2hrs 10mins to clean the outside bathroom last Friday). She just stood staring at me. Told her to go three times, eventually she did. Going to see if her mother can work for us again.

Weekly pool servicing done, now mammoth watering.

7 degs at dawn 24 degs by 10.00. Clear skies. Forecast is for the temperature to keep creeping up.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Octopussy2
Capt
Capt

#228 Post by Octopussy2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am

:YMHUG: Thanks for the support chums. First weekend out of three survived, have largely been following Limey's advice.

I have booked 3 days this week in a fancy hotel in Interlaken, in the hope of obtaining maternal approval, despite the fact I need the time at work and it's going to cost me more than a fortnight in France did... Oh well, it's time we saw some more of der (or die? can't remember) Schweiz - I think I have spent precisely 4 nights in the last 7 years in Switzerland but not in the canton de Geneve...pretty poor show really.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#229 Post by ian16th » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 pm

An interesting way to waste time!

You can see how thing have changed in the UK at different times.
Cynicism improves with age

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#230 Post by Magnus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Went to garden centre at MrsP's insistence as we need more bags of gravel for the garden paths. They're bloody heavy. Got home, looked down, and I was covered in sand and gravel dust. Oh Joy. Quick change of jeans before going to see the quack, but there's nothing I can do in time to clean up the dressing on my left rear paw. Ah, fekkit.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#231 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Just awoke from a much needed siesta after taking grandchildren back to their mother.

Their other grandma arrives tomorrow for a three week stay, so we are unlikely to be called on to look after them during that peiod.

One think they did achieve this morning, was to get me into the pool. Rather enjoyed it....may do it again tomorrow.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#232 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Back from me canal. We is starting on the next lock and today was spent putting up the boundary fence around the site compound - it's not called a security fence cos the local pikeys don't let anything stop them from carrying on their detestable lifestyle. Bitten to buggery by all the little biting beasties that exist along a canal. Now itching like a very itchy thing
It's always my fault - SWMBO

angels
Capt
Capt

#233 Post by angels » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Evening all, lovely here.
Octopussy2 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am
pretty poor show really.
Sorry, but you're right! That is naughty! [-X

I've spent longer in non-Geneve Switzerland than you in the last seven years! Still got the vignettes somewhere. I don't know what you've got planned but the train up the Jungfraujoch is fun but bloody pricey. There are loads of day trips available on the little choo-choos as well. You can get the kids to go tandem paragliding with your mum (who knows what could happen)....they land on the green right opposite, er, a swish hotel so maybe you can watch from the bar.

I really like Interlaken and have probably visited or passed through a dozen times. Know a good curry shop there as well. Also, you must look up my old freund Martin Steiner. You can find him here. http://sacred-tattoo.ch/
All generalisations are false, including this one.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#234 Post by limeygal » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello all-still hot and humid. Pottered about in the garden for awhile. Got all my new plants planted though.
Also, you must look my old freund Martin Steiner. You can find him here. http://sacred-tattoo.ch/
Good try Angels!! :-bd

Resident gimp Lily is improving. No permanent damage done after her maiden flight off the landing. Vet took her staples out today.

4Ma-sorry to hear about your itchy self. Slap some calamine on there. Might help. :YMHUG:

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#235 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Been carrying out mammoth watering this evening, as having to look after three of neighbours gardens ( Mrs IB committed me), whilst they are away this week.

Weather warning out for the morrow of 40c in the shade.

Groundgripper
Capt
Capt

#236 Post by Groundgripper » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:46 pm

I remember staying for a week in Interlaken about 13 years ago at the Hotel Metropole, a 14 storey glass and concrete monstrosity right next to the swishest of the swish hotels in town. For some reason we got one of the posh rooms on the 12th floor and had a great view down the Lauterbrunnen Valley towards the Jungfrau. The room had a floor to ceiling glass window about 8 x 12 feet and one morning one of the local jet jockeys over did the speed a bit - it's amazing how far glass will flex without shattering when subjected to a shock wave. :-o

It was said that the hotel was the best place to stay as it was the only place from which the views weren't spoilt by a 14 storey concrete and glass monstrosity. How they ever got permission to build it in a very traditional town I'll never know, I reckon a lot of money must have changed hands. :-?

GG.

zarniwoop
Snr FO
Snr FO

#237 Post by zarniwoop » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Another sleep inducing video from the Ducklington steam rally, the grand parade of tractors and auto trucks, though the auto trucks weren't exactly parading, it was more of a mad dash all over the place.

handsfree
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#238 Post by handsfree » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 am

What a wonderful selection of vintage tractors.

Chucking it down here at present and 13C.
Hopefully things will dry up and warm up later.

First dialysis of the day done, breakfast had and tablets downed, so now I think it's time
to sit in front of the gas fire on low, covered in a fleece and grab an hour of catchup kip.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#239 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 am

handsfree wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:07 am
so now I think it's time to sit in front of the gas fire on low, covered in a fleece and grab an hour of catchup kip.
Thought it was Summer up there and you lot were complaining about an heatwave. :|
Middle of Winter down here and tops of 22 degC forecast for Friday. Now that's chilly. :D

Frozen shoulder still giving me gip. Mutter mutter mutter.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#240 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am

Line of Cb's ran through here at 06:00 hours with much lightning, thunder and rain but now it is cooler partly cloudy and sunny. It should be a mild, good day!

Caco