Covid - 19: How is it affecting you?

General Chit Chat
probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Covid - 19: How is it affecting you?

#881 Post by probes » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 am

Dream on :ymdevil: .
Although, on second thoughts...

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#882 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:05 am

Air guitar, we want more air guitar.... =))

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#883 Post by Boac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:15 am

Oooh!, probes - you are a tease............

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#884 Post by Rossian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:31 pm

re #882 it's something I've sometimes wondered. Why is air guitar?

The Ancient Mariner

Capetonian

#885 Post by Capetonian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 pm

I got into a bit of trouble.

My wife and I went to the supermarket. Of course, we had face mask and goggles to be safe.
When we got there, wow, there are still too many people. Scary !
I said let's go home, we might even catch CV.
But, contradicting me, she doesn't want to go home.
I lost my patience and dragged her back to the car.
She ignored me and wouldn't speak to me.
When we arrived home, and removed face masks ... She is not my wife....

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#886 Post by Magnus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Improvement or otherwise, cape?

ribrash

#887 Post by ribrash » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Rossian wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:31 pm
re #882 it's something I've sometimes wondered. Why is air guitar?

The Ancient Mariner
They thrash the air as if playing a real guitar and pull funny faces.I often get asked if I could play an air guitar instead of a real one. =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#888 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 pm
I got into a bit of trouble.

When we arrived home, and removed face masks ... She is not my wife....
You came home with the wrong woman? =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#889 Post by Boac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:55 pm

....and he got her in a supermarket!!! Hope she wasn't on the 'frozen' shelf.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#890 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Report on first official break out from lock down after two weeks in Wogga Wogga land. Went to the Chief's office at 08.00 as requested by the Chief. Loads of folk there asking for travel papers, forget social distancing. We were spotted by the chief and one of his councilors and fast tracked. 13 mins total. Three page application form to fill in. Absolutely ridiculous. They must have been thinking of questions to ask to prepare the form. Even, 'do you have separate toilets on your compound or do you share one'?. The councilor whom we have know for years insisted that we shared one as we lived together, even though we have three and the lawn to piss on. Why do you want to go into town, f..ing shopping. Where are you going? Bloody sex shop, where do you think.

Road block on the edge of town. Of the six pieces of paper he only wanted to see one with an official stamp of the day. No probs. A friend of ours was told if he just wanted to go food shopping he could go no further but shop at the store by the road block which is a budget place for the locals, grain, out of date bread and processed cheese. No lobster pate, caviar or smoked salmon. Fortunately he needed a pharmacy as well so was allowed to proceed.

First stop reverse osmosis water supplier. Before this fuss; straight up to the counter they fill the bottles and away. Then a month ago had to wait outside, all bottles sprayed down sanatised inside and out. Then bottles filled by staff. Now staff hide behind a plastic screen and you fill your own bottles. Only our germs on them so did not bother with all the ***** just filled them after washing our hands before and after touching their trolleys. All very quick.

On to the market super. Virtually empty car park. No queues, shelves full of everything one would want (except booze) including loads of fresh fruit and vegetables. Small town, in fact it is classified as a village. Saw quite a few people we know. Significantly, a local Police Inspector friend. Off thread but it seems that the informant for our robberies can get a considerable time inside because of her involvement.

No undesirables around town. You can only move around with a car. Must ask about my steam engine. No sale of unessentials. Cosmetics etc in Pharmacist's taped off. Love to know what the stuck up S.A. women here are doing without their weekly shampoo and set and lipstick. Self isolating I guess. As I say no undesirables about town. Bloody women. Actually there are some nice ladies from this set.

Road block out of town no problem then went to the safari camp for a beer or two and picked up a bottle of rum. Nearly decimated their stock. It is a worry. They are very kind to us. Many people have asked to buy their stock off them but we have a very good mutual arrangement and they say nothing for sale. We are going to see them very OK when this is all over. Discussed arrangements today.

In the old part of town pictured below it is normally impossible to get out of the turning where I am standing without someone letting you in. It is bumper to bumper 12 hours a day. Look at it today. This is the old part of town where, when it was a dirt track, the aircraft used to land before the the airstrip was built.They would refuel at the petrol station on the right. The famous Riley's Hotel is just past the petrol station. A crap Cresta these days.
Attachments
Road.jpg
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#891 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Mrs PN has read that cosmetics may be a problem with hand/face contact.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#892 Post by Magnus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Then tell her that slapping you is against the rules.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#893 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:58 pm

Now this air guitar solo is the business... Use the Corona hiatus in the best way possible way, folks, improve your air guitar moves...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

fin
Capt
Capt

#894 Post by fin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Refugee from the where on earth thread. Three things I NEVER expected to see in my lifetime, and not too happy about it either.
3 things never seen.JPG
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Cooda
CPL
CPL

#895 Post by Cooda » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Geez. We don't know how lucky we've got it. Only 28 cases reported since it started, all contracted interstate or overseas before returning to the Territory. No deaths (touch wood). No community transfer and no new cases in 10 days. No lock down but social distancing and no groups over 10 people allowed. No pubs, clubs, restaurants, sporting or cultural events and limits on how far you can travel without good reason. But the supermarkets are pretty well stocked and usually uncrowded. Working from the office as normal.

Our biggest danger at present would appear to be complacency. The police are getting busier dealing with those breaking quarantine rules or partying with too many guests.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#896 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 am

Cooda wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 pm

Our biggest danger at present would appear to be complacency. The police are getting busier dealing with those breaking quarantine rules or partying with too many guests.
So no barbies nor any group didgeridoo nonsense. One understands that.

Nonetheless, some of it can be done virtually...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#897 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 am

Part of the terrible Australian Didgeridoo conspiracy...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Capetonian

#898 Post by Capetonian » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:24 am

Karma bites back!
Australian hoarder unable to return £5,000 of sanitary goods after failing to sell them online

The owner of Drakes Supermarkets said the man was part of a team who tried to profiteer as the crisis worsened
By Giovanni Torre Perth 15 April 2020 • 7:33pm
Karma, it seems, can be found on aisle three of Drakes Supermaket

An Australian hoarder has been left high and dry after his local supermarket refused to refund him for more than £5,000 worth of goods he tried to sell online, including 132 packs of toilet paper rolls.

The Adelaide man recently attempted to return the toilet paper and 150 one-litre bottles of hand sanitiser to Drakes Supermarkets.

The man hoarded the goods at the beginning of coronavirus panic buying, which saw supermarket shelves emptied of toilet paper, hand wash, sanitiser, tinned food, pasta and other goods.

Drakes Supermarkets director John-Paul Drake said the man was part of a team of hoarders planning to profiteer from shortages, but his attempts to sell the goods online fell flat.

Mr Drake told ABC Radio that the shopper had bought around $10,000 worth of goods with his “team” about one month ago and claimed he ran into trouble when his “eBay site (was) shut down”.

Mr Drake described the shopper’s actions as “absolutely disgraceful”

“The rest of my team (is) over this sort of behaviour and having to police people taking more than they need — that's a tough thing to deal with… I never thought I'd be in (the) situation that I'm seeing here. We're not used to it, no-one is used to it, when people take advantage of the system,” he said.

In early March police were called to a series of incidents, mostly in New South Wales, in which people came to blows while attempting to buy toilet paper. After one such incident on a Saturday morning in western Sydney, two women were charged with affray.

Most Australian supermarkets have now introduced limits on the number of such items shoppers can buy.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#899 Post by Karearea » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:42 am

As I think of them, I miss:

my DDs, and extended family: text or phone-calls are not the same as the glance, the smile, the embrace;

as I enjoy my early morning cuppertea, hearing aircraft pass north or south on provincial routes, catching them on FR24, and saying aloud, "have a good flight" as I picture their destinations;

church, and the people I connected with there;

my weekly exercise-class, and the routine, and people I connected with;

my four-weekly hair-salon appointment: should have been on April 3rd, 30/40 minutes of one-on-one intelligent conversation, and titivating and pampering;

the opportunity to have lunch at the RSA, and to attend meetings of the several organisations I belong to, and the opportunity to connect with new ones.
"And to think that it's the same dear old Moon..."

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#900 Post by Pinky the pilot » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:14 am

including 132 packs of toilet paper rolls.
Capetonian; Apparently this clown had something like 5,400 rolls of bog paper!

And not one Supermarket will take them off his hands. :-bd

Some wag made the comment that it will take him around 99 years for him to use the lot himself. :D
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.