Invasion of Europe

General Chit Chat
rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Invasion of Europe

#801 Post by rgbrock1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:30 pm

SOPS wrote:Yes I know, but I think that is what is going on. So let them have it. Except all the money goes, all infrastructure like factorys are destroyed, all power stations taken off line. You get the idea. Maybe just do it in the old East Germany.

The old East Germany? I don' think most Muslims would find many welcoming arms in the former DDR. They may, in fact, find very welcoming "arms."
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#802 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 pm

yCapetonian,

I guess the decision to start the shooting is a serious one and not to be taken easily because these people appear so innocent on the press and the TV.

SOPS, besides the answers already given to your question, there is the issue of those people don't wanting to go there because the locals in the Kingdom and the surrounding countries will not welcome them and use them as unskilled labour poorly paid.

Now on the BBC WORLD NEWS, I just heard that Austria asks other members of the EU to agree on the quotes to be received. I am wondering how the European governments react if tax payers of their countries decided not to pay their taxes just because they don't like doing so.

msdad2
Snr FO
Snr FO

#803 Post by msdad2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:38 pm

SOPS wrote:IMHO, Europe as we know it is finished. It's over. Australia at the moment is talking about taking 12000 Syrians. This time in two years, we will be talking about how to take 500000 ethnic Germans, Dutch, British....fill in the country of choice.

The Brits, Italians and Greeks are probably already in front, we have a large population of them all and they, in general, HAVE WORKRD HARD AND INTERGRATED into the community.

Australia can't fit in the whole of Europe, but I fear we might have to give it a bloody good try.

Can I put my name down first please for 3 of us, Can I have the Gold coast or somewhere nearby, I don't want any outback place and definitely not Adelaide. Also I have a special dietry need and refuse to eat drop bear but don't mind a bit of Kangaroo (but not testicles). I am willing to fit in and will buy a Ute, a surf board and eat Lamingtons on 26th January (I will even watch "football" on an oval pitch"), I have been practising your language by watching "Neighbours" and "Home and Away" , Strewth, you flaming gallah. You are such a dag, etc etc.
I hate Signatures!

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#804 Post by SOPS » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:12 pm

I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to come up with solution to save those that allready live in Europe. Their country/ countries are about to be over run. Give the invaders a country, with no infrastructure, and let them fill their boots. See how that works out.

Blacksheep
Snr FO
Snr FO

#805 Post by Blacksheep » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Without wishing to be taken the wrong way, we have all these ordinary folks fleeing Syria (and other countries) to escape extremists, but their problem is, the extremists got here before them. All those "Foreign Fighters" in their country come from somewhere, many of them from Europe. This is what we see in Luton for example...

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBritai ... 442505387/

The overwhelming majority of moderate Muslims are as afraid of these people as anyone else. Would you wish to confront them in your neighbourhood? Me neither, but this is the core of the problem and the source of the conflict. I dread to think what will happen when Europe - as it inevitably will - turns against them.

obgraham
Capt
Capt

#806 Post by obgraham » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:03 pm

You wont have to destroy the factories and power stations.

The "migrants" will not be able to keep them functioning. Not compatible with Islam, you know.

Sisemen

#807 Post by Sisemen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Can I put my name down first please for 3 of us

If you are white, English, speak fluent English, have a good work ethic, healthy and don't intend arriving on a leaky boat from Indonesia then you need to open your wallet and say the secret password - "Please help yourself". But don't tell anyone I told you ;)

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#808 Post by A Lutra Continua » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:11 pm

If Zuma continues as he's doing at the moment, Saffers washing up on Cottesloe beach in leaky boats may happen sooner than you think.

Capetonian

#809 Post by Capetonian » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:12 pm

I doubt with the current RoE for the Rand if Saffers could afford the fees.

MTOW
Capt
Capt

#810 Post by MTOW » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:53 pm

How long before we see the millions living cheek by jowl in the favelas of South America attempt to join the gravy train? I suppose the tyranny of distance works against them, but they're no less entitled to the European largesse than those currently coming from Africa and Pakistan.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#811 Post by SOPS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:12 am

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#812 Post by Dushan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:24 am

rgbrock1 wrote:
Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:Has a traditional ring to it, though I believe you've skipped the Czechs

Ahem. That would be the Sudetenland. :D

As usual, you're late to the party.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#813 Post by probes » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:43 am

Yeah, SOPS, looks very much like that. I truly don't understand, but I do somewhat understand now how the mad movements and wars and revolutions happened in history.

Blacksheep
Snr FO
Snr FO

#814 Post by Blacksheep » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:11 am

SOPS's copied article says pretty much what I hinted at.
The EU's own figures indicate that less than 20% of the people claiming asylum in Europe say they are from Syria and >75% of them are single males.
One man asked by an Al Jazeera reporter why he was alone, said he had left his family behind in Syria because "the journey was too dangerous for them". The journey was more dangerous than what they were fleeing from? Refugee or economic migrant? To what extent was he typical? These are the questions that ran through my mind.

I'm not one to take what I'm told by the media as gospel, I like to use my eyes and ears to see for myself what is going on. In those crowds there are clearly distressed families making their way from unendurable conditions. No family would undertake such a journey without good reason: but the overwhelming majority of those we see in the crowd are single males, many of whom are not, shall we say, of Arab appearance. My personal view is that all single males should be put on planes and sent straight back to wherever they claim to have come from. In that event, I wonder how many would still claim to be Syrian?

If we are serious about helping Syrian or even Iraqi refurgees we should concentrate our efforts on making life bearable for those who are in genuine refugee camps in states bordering the affected countries. Once the fighting ends, as it surely must - the Balkans are one example, Rwanda another - they are then in a position to return home.

There is then the matter of those heading north from Libya. Would they have undertaken the journey if they knew when they set off that their journey would involve being forced aboard unseaworthy vessels and cast adrift in the Mediterranean?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#815 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 am

Blacksheep wrote:
There is then the matter of those heading north from Libya. Would they have undertaken the journey if they knew when they set off that their journey would involve being forced aboard unseaworthy vessels and cast adrift in the Mediterranean?

Yes because they know they will be picked up not even halfway to Italy and provided with assistance.

Excellent article by the way.

Blacksheep
Snr FO
Snr FO

#816 Post by Blacksheep » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 am

So, any intervention must take place in Libya itself, to prevent the migrants from boarding.

Are we up to the job? I don't think so.

So, we are back to my previous suggestion. On arrival on EU soil, send single males back to where they claim to have come from. In their own place they can then apply for refugee status in the legal way.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#817 Post by om15 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:01 am

[img]
Migrants-desperate_3448433d.jpg
[/img]

This is what we have encouraged by our political ineptness

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#818 Post by SOPS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:15 am

I notice the invaders are out of the news today. They must have run out of small children to take photos of.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#819 Post by SOPS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:19 am

I have to correct you om15. It was Ms Merkel's lefty stupidity that caused this, nothing else.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#820 Post by om15 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:35 am

That's sort of what I meant