The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The really boring and totally pointless snippets thread IV

#7221 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Best wishes to your daughter HF. Ungrateful cow. Met herds of the beasts many times in the Pyrenees, why I carry a stick. Mothers can get shirty.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7222 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:00 pm

Soon after our District council was engulfed by the County council, they reorganised the subscriptions to the Leisure centres such that membership was county-wide and all-embracing rather than being able to pay for 'swimming' at one location and phasing out the concession for 'need' patients to have bespoke tuition (therapy). Henceforth, anyone wanting to use the facilities (for whatever purpose) had to be 'full members' (at conssiderable cost and then pay 'privately' for therapy sessions.
There was a stink fuelled by the local newspaper such that the county banned the sale of the paper in all of their premises, whether libraries or leisure facilities - oh, and withdrew the 'advertising' (public notices, road closures, planning applications etc) then provided free copies of a competing county-based newspaper (which didn't cover our part of the county).
After much wrangling the chief exec 'left' (with a generous severance payment) and the ruling party lost control of the CC at the next election.
Northumberland County Council may have removed lucrative public notice ads from the Hexham Courant because it does not like the paper’s editorial coverage.
He said that one councillor was concerned the decision amounted to censorship and added: “There’s also the suspicion that the decision was taken in response to the Courant criticising the authority’s handling of changes to leisure centre prices.
The highest severance payment was given to Steven Mason, the outgoing chief executive of Northumberland council, who was paid a whopping £370,000.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7223 Post by Fliegenmong » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Haven't read in for a while...but it being a totally boring and pointless thread...

Awoke a little late today, still managed my morning Sea swim, temps starting to drop here .. the daily high is not getting above 28c...the Ocean temp is still warm..clear water ... not too much swell....some ressidual ground swell expected from the Southern Ocena soon...
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7224 Post by llondel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:25 pm

limeygal wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:37 am
We also have rats under our house. One got in the attic and fell through an a/c vent in the ceiling. This came as quite a surprise to me and the blind cat sitting on my lap. I shot to my feet, jettisoning cat. She had no idea what was going on and was thrashing around. I managed to get the thing out the front door with the cunning use of a broom. Much to the amusement of my neighbour across the street. He was in his garden and heard me yell "and don't come back." He saw the rat strolling up our driveway. Bastard (the rat not my neighbour :| ) Rat man (sorry-nuisance wildlife operative) is in the process of plugging up holes and rat proofing our gaff.
We have four cats, not aware of rodents in or around the premises (unlike when we lived in the UK, endless supply of entrails on the paths outside). The one time we left the house vacant for nine months and the mice moved in, it took a week for the re-installed cats to fix the problem. A couple of piles of remains in the shower and no more signs of mice indoors.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7225 Post by 1DC » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Best Wishes to your daughter HF.. The fixer has been and fixed the washing machine(under guarantee) which has been bust for a week, took him five minutes to change the computery bit. Mrs 1DC has returned from her Lady lunching and his delighted, spect she will be washing stuff for the rest of the day.
Off to make sos and mash for tea, even if i say so myself it is one of my specialities, has to be chicken sausages because we are allegedly dieting otherwise it would be Lincolnshire's and perfect.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7226 Post by Ibbie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Mrs IB's motor passed it's annual test this morning.

Painful damage suffered by your daughter HF. Hope she recovers quickly.

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#7227 Post by CremeEgg » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:26 pm

HF - best wishes to your daughter. Last time I visited the local A&E for a suspected broken foot I hobbled in following the trail of blood from the woman in front of me. She had been booted in the face by a cow whilst trying to milk it. It (or she if it was being milked!) made a right mess of the womans face, nose, eyes etc.

Did I miss something? Is Caco on holiday or off with some issues? - he has certainly had a few troubles and I look forward to his eggwhisk beating tales.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7228 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm

I believe that Caco withdrew his custom.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7229 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:47 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm
Gone, but not forgotten 🇿🇦
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7230 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes, sadly removed himself from ON and swore an oath never to return. But we can hope he will recant someday.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7231 Post by om15 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:53 pm

HF, thoughts for your daughter, sounds very nasty, best that cow is turned into a pie as quickly as possible.

Have some advanced motorcycle training tomorrow, 40 mph wind gusts promised with light rain, hope I don't fall off. A young local boy was heading home over the weekend on his Kawasaki, riding though our village he hit a deer, went over the top and under an oncoming car, didn't survive poor chap.

Fish for tea.

Capetonian

#7232 Post by Capetonian » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:54 pm

I would like to think that he will return.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7233 Post by Ibbie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Fish for tea.
Wasn't it..."Shipham's for tea, for tea, for tea" ?

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#7234 Post by larsssnowpharter » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Best wishes to your daughter HF. Hope she makes a good recovery.

Reddo. Congratulations on the 10,000. Don't think I knew anyone in the RAF amass that number of hours but there must have been on Albert's or Shacklebombers. Was in awe of an individual with 6000 hours on Canberra's.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7235 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Lars, John Elias had 17,500 +

Having flown with him a few times I knew what he did 😀

As a trapper I did see him once sitting on the deck by the Nimrod front door. Best was on Shacks, all engines shut down, picnic lunch on the grass outside the hangars at Bitteswell. He counter that as airborne.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7236 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Woody wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:47 pm
G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm
Gone, but not forgotten 🇿🇦
I plan to met up with Caco on Sunday at Perth Airfield on his annual PA-28 trip to Scotland and back. Looks like storm Hannah will probably put paid to that but we have a fallback to meet in Perth on Sunday 5 May. Over lunch I intend to try and get him to change his mind about the forum.

HF - thoughts with your daughter. Those are terrible injuries.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#7237 Post by jimtherev » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 pm

Bloodyell HF! Blessings and a wish for swift healing for yur young lass.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7238 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 pm

jimtherev wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 pm
Bloodyell HF! Blessings and a wish for swift healing
My kinda Padre!

Slasher

#7239 Post by Slasher » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 am

Friggin' hell HF your daught's injuries sound nasty. Hoping with you she will recover ok.

Rats can be a bit of a problem at Slasherdigs particularly during the Dry when they come looking for water. The most effective rat catcher are extremely sticky cardboard sheets with some food on it and laid out at strategic places in the house. Only takes a day or two to catch 'em. Amid the rat's noisy screaming and panic the cardboard is gently folded over without squashing the bugger and tossed into a drain canal about a click from here. When Apsara's around she thinks it's cruel to do that so a BB pellet in inserted into his skull before he's canal'd. Waste of perfectly good air rifle ammo if you ask me. Thai rats are complete vermin not worthy of any merciful death. They're worse than evil garden gnomes.

RiS hope you get betterer soon. It sound persistent. A nice day out near the Herculaneum watching large breasts bouncing by might lift your spirits somewhat.

And yes I agree Ex-A should run for Grand Poobah on Amorgos. I'm sure the potential First Lady TS would give full support. The perks themselves would be worth it - one's own personal chef yes but at public expense, one's own guarded dinner Chair with "O Próedros" in big gold letters emblazoned on the back, secret security thugs to empty the restaurant of tourists (esp Ffrog ones) using whips when it's time for The President to eat, and unlimited supplies of free raki!

Slasher

#7240 Post by Slasher » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 am

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 pm
Over lunch I intend to try and get him to change his mind about the forum.
Please do that Charlie as he's very much missed.

Tell Caco sorry I haven't emailed of late but will do so soon. And could you also inform him my Skype doesn't seem to get through here in Honkers to England for some bloody reason. Ta. :)