Rant of the Day v2.

General Chit Chat
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Rant of the Day v2.

#7641 Post by Woody » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:34 pm

The control tower at Perry Oaks this morning taken from T3 B-)
When all else fails, read the instructions.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7642 Post by llondel » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm

What's the red and white thing on the ground under the wing?

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7643 Post by Wodrick » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:21 pm

llondel wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm
It's in the right place for a fuel hydrant

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7644 Post by llondel » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:54 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:21 pm
llondel wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm
It's in the right place for a fuel hydrant
Thanks, I can see why they'd mark them clearly. Just had a look at T3 on Google Maps and not every gate has them. Does that mean not all gates are equipped for refuelling via hydrant, or just that some haven't had a paint job?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7645 Post by Woody » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:41 pm

I can confirm that all stands in T3 have refuelling hydrants, even the ex T1 ones
When all else fails, read the instructions.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7646 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 pm

Just got a call from my endocrinologist's office verbally spanking me for having my quarterly bloodwork done 2 months too early and for my A1C having gone up one point in one month. [-X
After telling the medical assistant that I had gone in for bloodwork ordered by my GP we determined that the lab had printed out the wrong orders and that the A1C reading was off because I had not been fasting for the test. ~X( I had asked about fasting and was told that the test ordered by the GP didn't require it. ^#(^
Still have to go in to get the correct test done.
I told the assistant that I wasn't very impressed by the front office staff and she said that she heard that frequently as well. :-\
She said that she would take it up with the office manager but I won't be holding my breath that anything will change for the better. :-ss

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7647 Post by llondel » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:23 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 pm
Just got a call from my endocrinologist's office verbally spanking me for having my quarterly bloodwork done 2 months too early and for my A1C having gone up one point in one month. [-X
After telling the medical assistant that I had gone in for bloodwork ordered by my GP we determined that the lab had printed out the wrong orders and that the A1C reading was off because I had not been fasting for the test. ~X( I had asked about fasting and was told that the test ordered by the GP didn't require it. ^#(^
Still have to go in to get the correct test done.
I told the assistant that I wasn't very impressed by the front office staff and she said that she heard that frequently as well. :-\
She said that she would take it up with the office manager but I won't be holding my breath that anything will change for the better. :-ss

PP
No doubt you will get billed for the wrong tests, too.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7648 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:49 pm

llondel wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:23 pm

No doubt you will get billed for the wrong tests, too.
That was one of the points that I made while expressing my displeasure with the whole fiasco.
Insurance will hopefully cover if they don't outright void the claim.

PP

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7649 Post by ricardian » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:09 pm

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:06 pm
20 packs of hearing aid batteries arrived on Saturday from the river people - price £23.95.
Hearing-2.jpg
Today I looked at my orders for something else and noted that they encourage me to reorder them - Price £35.99. :-q
Hearing-1.jpg
I wonder if I'll find them discounted in their Black Friday offers which run from 17-27 November.... :-?
I get my hearing aid batteries from NHS Orkney (via my local GP's surgery), free of charge
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7650 Post by llondel » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:21 pm

ricardian wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:09 pm
I get my hearing aid batteries from NHS Orkney (via my local GP's surgery), free of charge
What use is a battery with no charge? :D

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7651 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:45 pm

Doorstop.
It's windy up there.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7652 Post by CharlieOneSix » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm

ricardian wrote:
I used to get them from the GP Surgery when I had NHS hearing aids many years ago but I was never happy with the aids in spite of countless visits to the clinic so I went private. My NHS aids used 10 size batteries but my private ones use 312 size batteries so I suspect I'd be done for fraud or theft or something if I tried to get them from the GP Surgery. Mrs C16 has rechargeable hearing aids and so shall I when I upgrade. On day 3 or 4 of battery use my current non-rechargeable bluetooth aids have an annoying habit of running out of charge mid way through a telephone call.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7653 Post by llondel » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am

CharlieOneSix wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm
ricardian wrote:
I used to get them from the GP Surgery when I had NHS hearing aids many years ago but I was never happy with the aids in spite of countless visits to the clinic so I went private. My NHS aids used 10 size batteries but my private ones use 312 size batteries so I suspect I'd be done for fraud or theft or something if I tried to get them from the GP Surgery. Mrs C16 has rechargeable hearing aids and so shall I when I upgrade. On day 3 or 4 of battery use my current non-rechargeable bluetooth aids have an annoying habit of running out of charge mid way through a telephone call.
If you know roughly how long they last, replace one half-way through that cycle, so the chance of losing both at about the same time is much reduced. A bit like swapping out a new engine for a used one on a commercial jet, I guess.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7654 Post by CharlieOneSix » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:24 am

llondel wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:59 am
CharlieOneSix wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm
ricardian wrote:
If you know roughly how long they last, replace one half-way through that cycle, so the chance of losing both at about the same time is much reduced. A bit like swapping out a new engine for a used one on a commercial jet, I guess.
It's a crazy system whereby only the right hearing aid connects with bluetooth on the phone, TV or anything else, then the left one somehow connects with that aid to give stereo. If the right one goes dead then the left one cannot connect to bluetooth. It is of course always the right aid battery that goes dead first as streaming bluetooth seems to take more power. I suppose that I could swap left and right batteries after two days...if I remembered.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7655 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:43 pm

New mouse from Amazon (Bluetooth and 2.4G) is being erratic. It replaced a wireless one whose scroll seems to have stripped.
The bluetooth portion seems to work fine on iPad however since I can't find the bluetooth dongle for desktop, I ordered another one.
Hoping this will fix the issue as it is very frustrating in erraticity and being intermittent as well. ~X(

PP

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7656 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:13 pm

I have gone back to wired mice and keyboards.
Cheaper to run, and much more reliable.

Now I am building my own furniture and arranging the house how I wish, I have found I can easily locate the PC boxes close to the desktop.

I keep the one working wireless mouse for operating the computer from the couch when I am displaying stuff like films and music videos on the big screen.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7657 Post by OFSO » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:28 am

Illegal immigrants who arrived in the UK two years ago, are suing the government over their inhuman treatment on arrival (strip searches, confiscation of phones etc) demanding £20,000 each in compensation. The cases, which are funded by legal aid (i.e. us taxpayers) will be heard in the Royal Courts next year.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7658 Post by Pinky the pilot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 am

which are funded by legal aid (i.e. us taxpayers) will be heard in the Royal Courts next year.
Does that mean that there are a few Lawyers there who want a new BMW/Mercedes/watever?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7659 Post by tango15 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:08 am

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:31 am
which are funded by legal aid (i.e. us taxpayers) will be heard in the Royal Courts next year.
Does that mean that there are a few Lawyers there who want a new BMW/Mercedes/watever?
More like a Bentley (other high-end executive cars are available). The thing is that most of these lawyers were themselves immigrants and are all too familiar with the system. I had occasion to deal with one of Lebanese origin many years ago, (long story) and a more slippery character I have yet to meet.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7660 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:55 am

Spent couple of hours yesterday fitting magnetic latches on outer cupboard fridge door, no luck, burred screw heads. Frustrated, took them off again. Door still slightly open when shut. Finally found reason door won't shut is somebody put two bottles of wine in there laying down blocking door.
Grrrrr...