PPRuNe takes action

General Chit Chat
henry crun

PPRuNe takes action

#1 Post by henry crun » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:41 am

PPRuNe mods have kindly told their autobots to scramble links to this site. This means that we cannot send links via pm to friends within PPRuNe, unless of course we do it in a circumspect way.

Interesting that they are running scared already, I thought they wanted to get rid of us all. :D

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: PPRuNe takes action

#2 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by Dushan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 am

And your post about Pproone gone, altogether.

However, someone needs to contact people like SeldomFitForPurpose, John Hill (we need reports from Pyongyang), Hempy, and a few others to present the other POV.

The link can be made using tinyurl or simply spelled out phonetically.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:36 am

Interesting that they are running scared already, I thought they wanted to get rid of us all.

Indeed yes. Having been told to run away and play somewhere else, the thought of "Somewhere Else" being set up seems to be worrying them. To be successful, any forum website has to have an eclectic (did I spell that correctly ?) mix of posters, and having thrown us off PPRuNe, those who are left there represent a much narrower spectrum of opinions. (That's a polite way of saying PPRuNe is becoming boring).

admin
Chief Engineer

#5 Post by admin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:02 am

For those interested we have a variety of domain names that point to this site. Thus http://www.proon.org, http://www.Wizen-pprunes.org and ......... wait for it

http://www.pprune-outcasts.org

stuart
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by stuart » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:58 am

admin wrote:For those interested we have a variety of domain names that point to this site. Thus http://www.proon.org, http://www.Wizen-pprunes.org and ......... wait for it

http://www.pprune-outcasts.org

That is usefull thanks.
it's good to be bad.

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#7 Post by Tom Joad » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

OFSO wrote: those who are left there represent a much narrower spectrum of opinions. (That's a polite way of saying PPRuNe is becoming boring).

So it wasn't just me that was thinking that then 8-)

Keef

#8 Post by Keef » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Sad, it certainly is. Banning members wholesale is likely to prove counterproductive. The site becomes sterile.

There are many present and former (now banned) PPRuNers with whom I strongly disagree - but their voices should be heard. Makes for a good argument, if nowt else.

BokDrol
PPL
PPL

#9 Post by BokDrol » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 pm

The Wrinkled Plum can kiss my Wrinkled A55..........and I am being polite.
Xxxxxx

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by Tom Joad » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:30 pm

The thing is you have to wonder what the heck they are doing, I mean are they executing a concious plan here? It's not the banning or exile that rankles, their train set etc etc, but rather the sleekit, cowardly and underhand manner by which it is done. In days past the site was well moderated. If you stepped out of line a mod would politely say why and give you some time off. You could say it was, well, professional. Now they say nothing and you're left with a hanging login or moderated in perpetuity. Rather unprofessional in my view. Anyway, no more looking back, onwards and upwards.

Blacksheep
Snr FO
Snr FO

#11 Post by Blacksheep » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 pm

I complained and received a nastigramme telling me if I didn't like, I should shove off elsewhere. I then posted a suggestion that maybe we should do just that and received a really offensive nastigram. So I shoved off. Pleased to find our own place here.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by om15 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:56 pm

I have no axe to grind with the former hosts, I enjoyed 9 or so years, and apart from a gagging order on one particular lively thread, no problems.

The proprietors have a take it or leave it business strategy, however as Tom has said, they do not play with a straight bat, and I feel that I might not continue to contribute to their success.

Sasless
CPL
CPL

#13 Post by Sasless » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Even a few of the better Mods have fallen prey to the Kool Aid.

They even got snotty when told the grape was dripping from their jowls despite quoting their very own Indictments of those on the Right Side of the Aisle.

I was welcomed back to Rotorheaads....nay....asked to return but I stated I was welcome at all of the Site and I fully expected a full apology from the driving force behind the One Way Street before I would return to any forum.

The Mod asking me to return understood my position and we remain friendly yet today.

They can run their Site their way....after all it is theirs to play with as they wish.

But just as playing with oneself can be embarrassing if exposed to public scrutiny.....so will this kind of playing as the few certainly are now well known to be a bunch of.......well you know what I mean.
Ass, Tin, Ticket...The Aircraft is a Re-Usable Container for the protection of the contents.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by Dushan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Tom Joad wrote: Now they say nothing and you're left with a hanging login or moderated in perpetuity. Rather unprofessional in my view. Anyway, no more looking back, onwards and upwards.

My theory on that is tha mods, or more likely one mod/admin is trying to hide the fact that many are not allowed in. By outright banning them the owners, IB, could look at it and say "why do we have so many banned people" and he would have to explain. This way it doesn't look like people are banned, although the result is the same.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by 500N » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi all.

No names, no pack drill but well done to a certain person on PPRuNe who came up with a very clever way of
getting the web address across and circumventing the autobots.

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#16 Post by Tom Joad » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Dushan that's exactly my take on what's happening. Somebody has got themselves in a hissy fit.

Tom Joad
Capt
Capt

#17 Post by Tom Joad » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Hey 500N long time no see, welcome back fella :D

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by 500N » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Dushan / Tom

Agree.
I can still log on, get and send PM's but not post anything on any forum.

Tom
Hi and thanks,I have been keeping in touch with various via PM's on the other site.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by probes » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm

That can't be normal for sure, and I haven't even been around the PP that long, but it's real good to see familiar names! (even though the smileys .... well, they're not emotive enough, let's say so)

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#20 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:54 pm

I was barred from JB without any reason being given to me personally. I found out via a back door that it was for "Posting links to right wing sites, without comment." The right wing sites I linked to were usually Taki's Magazine and SteynOnline. Go figure. I rarely posted anywhere else than JB, so after 15 years I have lost interest in the place. I see more than a few familiar names, I may have to move the music quiz one more time. :D