Chemtrails

General Chit Chat
Cacophonix

Re: Chemtrails

#21 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:15 pm

There seems to be a surfeit of kooks and loons in South Africa, I speak for myself, who seem inclined to a belief in these nutty kind of anti-factual, illogical and often downright ridiculous conspiracy theories. A friend of mine is doing a study into what he calls the "predilection for belief in alternative narratives in dislocated societies"! To date his study is not published nor peer reviewed but he has told me privately that he has noted a strong tendency for white South African males of a particular age group to show evidence of having some sort of belief in theories that could be described politely as "alternative" or "conspiracy" based. Interestingly he has also noted a strong correlation between the same cohort and a tendency to follow evangelical Christian sects and the like.

He may be onto something! I shall tell him of your anecdote Ex-Ascot, although he has not mentioned the watch fixing female cohort, no doubt it would be of interest to him.

Caco

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Not restricted to males. Plenty of moonscreeching females out there as well. An ex GF was utterly convinced there was no gravity on the moon. Explaining the mechanics was like showing card tricks to a chicken.

Capetonian

#23 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm

I have friends in CPT, both of whom are highly intelligent and educated, but utterly and completely paranoid.

They believe that all internet traffic and emails are 'monitored' by the CIA, FBI, MI5, and various other bodies. In view of this, they won't have a computer at home, won't do internet banking, won't book travel on the internet, and so on. Which would be logical except that when they want to send and receive emails they use a PUBLIC computer in the PUBLIC library. It almost defies belief.

Last year when I exchanged some money with them (they wanted GBP and I wanted ZAR) I suggested that they put the ZAR into my ZA account and I'd put the GBP equivalent into their UK account. No, that wasn't safe, it would leave an audit trail, the CIA and BOSS and KGB etc would know (so what if they did?)

They insisted on a cash/cash deal, nothing to do with trusting each other as we've been friends for 40 years, but because of their paranoia. So I had to travel to CPT wth £500 cash on me, meet them in a restaurant, and exchange that for R10000 or so that they'd been carrying around. Instead of just exchanging envelopes, they suggested that the other chap and I went to the toilet together and did the deal there! How often do guys go to the toilet together?

What did they do with the £500? They flew to the UK with it a few months later and paid it into their account!

P. S. Oh, and they believe in chemtrails ...............

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by OFSO » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:28 pm

They believe that all internet traffic and emails are 'monitored' by the CIA, FBI, MI5, and various other bodies.

Ya missed out GCHQ. And that place down near Bude, Cornwall. Of course you can test their belief quite simply. Send a 'mail in Arabic with upcoming ISIS mission details, and see what happens next.

Slasher

#25 Post by Slasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 am

Show these chemtrail freaks an actual documentary film clip of a B-17 Wing or Group enroute to Europe at 24,000ft and ask 'em to explain why would it do "chemtrails" when such an activity alerted the nazis to their position and course? It would be an unmitigated act of suicidal madmen.

And also point out this was before the chemtrail conspiracy was invented.

Then laugh at their silly "explainations"!!! :))

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 am

Then laugh at their silly "explainations"!!! :))

What sort of idiocy do they come up with, Slasher? Last time I heard that argument used it reduced the Chemtrail 'true believers' to an embarrassed silence!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Capetonian

#27 Post by Capetonian » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 am

They never have an argument of their own, nor one that has any credibility. It usually reverts to them saying : "You are brainwashed by the mass media."

We once sat with a friend of mine who is a pilot (A340 Captain with VS) and he was able to explain in non-technical and clear terms what causes chemtrails ............. oops ............. contrails ........... but he had been 'sworn to secrecy' or he would lose his job.
You can never convince such people. I don't even bother arguing any more.

Capetonian

#28 Post by Capetonian » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:19 am

You want proof of chemtrails?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by OFSO » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Why would you need chemtrails when you've got something like this ?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by OFSO » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Made lovely shapes in the sky (unless you were ARVN) Only one round in five was a tracer, so there's five time more stuff coming down than you see here.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:45 am

unless you were ARVN)

Don't you mean the Viet Cong, or the NVA? :-\

I thought that (Marvin the) ARVN were the Southern Mob!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Slasher

#32 Post by Slasher » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:31 am

What sort of idiocy do they come up with, Slasher?

Pinks they live in a dream world - literally. Lemme explain...

Imagine you're dreaming Taylor Swift is all naked...and about to perch on top of you. Suddenly an alarm clock somewhere goes off, you look quickly around but can't find it. You notice Ms Swift is also perturbed and pick up that she's losing the moment! You then shove her off the bed in an effort to shut it off before she decides to get dressed and leave. Your eyes then open, you grope around in the dark and turn the bedside 3am alarm off, while also being bitterly disappointed.

So if you're dreaming and an external sensory input is detected, the brain tries to rationally "fit it" in the dream.

It's the same with these maniacal paranoids. After the ums and aahs are done, their silly heads try to rationalize it by saying...

- A calculated move by the USAAF. It was better to manipulate the Euromasses by having them all turn pro-Allies, including most of nazi Germany. This would end the war sooner than just daylight precision bombing.

- the designated chemtrail Wing would fly a predetermined course which was ensured to be away from the primary bombing target of the main Bomb Group and probably its secondary. This tactic also doubled as a useful diversion away from the main bomber stream while meeting the chemtrail mission.

- a calculated risk because chemtrailing was new, and there had to be experimentation in order to perfect the chemtrail process in the future, after the War.

So I counterclaim where is the evidence of this? War's been over 70 years so nothing's under the Secrets Act now.

- oh um... I'll look it up and when I find it I'll get back to you.

Their "thinking" is laughable! As I've said often times before, it's a sad fact that we have to share the world with total fcukwits and there's not a damn thing we can do about it, and can't even limit their collective damage to the global gene pool. :-w

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:29 am

thought that (Marvin the) ARVN were the Southern Mob!

Blame my translating it from the French - army of the republic of Vietnam "du Nord". I wanted to avoid using the term "Charlie" !

Cacophonix

#34 Post by Cacophonix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Imagine you're dreaming Taylor Swift is all naked...and about to perch on top of you. Suddenly an alarm clock somewhere goes off, you look quickly around but can't find it. You notice Ms Swift is also perturbed and pick up that she's losing the moment! You then shove her off the bed in an effort to shut it off before she decides to get dressed and leave. Your eyes then open, you grope around in the dark and turn the bedside 3am alarm off, while also being bitterly disappointed.

So you have had that dream too eh? :-?

Caco

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by OFSO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Me too ! The horror of waking up and finding it wasn't Taylor Swift in bed - it was Betty Grable on the phone !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQq_tqB0jA

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by A Lutra Continua » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:29 am

What's a Taylor Swift? Sounds like a make of bicycle.

Slasher

#37 Post by Slasher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:20 am

Sounds more like a 2-seater high wing monoplane from the 30s.

Simply Google Taylor Swift Mr Lutra sir, then select Images...but take your heart pills first! ;)

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by A Lutra Continua » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 am

One is on a dodgy satellite link out here in the sand, Mr Slasher. No chance of google. From the comments made, may one assume a Taylor Swift is some form of female milennial with enticing perky bits? The real question is this:- What will you do with her once your lust has been sated and the self absorbed and half witted commentary kicks off? Shovel to the back of the neck then a shallow scrape in the forest or a hidey hole off a side tunnel at Cu Chi?

Cacophonix

#39 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 am

The Taylor Swift as a bicycle meme has gone viral and made this man do the elephant trick this morning Mr Otter! :)

I guess old Slash would like to put his spoke in her wheel!

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by Boac » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am