Milliband's beard

General Chit Chat
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Milliband's beard

#1 Post by om15 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

I see in the papers today that the former failed labour leader is sporting a beard, ( I won't post a picture as some may not have enjoyed their breakfast yet.)
My question is, do we think the new ISIL look will catch on? is this unwashed vagrant on benefits look the reason for the popularity of Corbyn.
On another matter, the reputation of the former IRA leadership has taken a knock when photographs of them taking tea with Corbyn were published this week.

angels
Capt
Capt

Re: Milliband's beard

#2 Post by angels » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:52 am

There is a tendency amongst youngsters to grow beards. They're definitely making a comeback.
There's a few footballers sporting them now and beards on a football pitch used to be as rare as hens teeth.
All generalisations are false, including this one.

Keef

#3 Post by Keef » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:02 pm

A beard is a way of hiding behind something - as angels says, they are particularly popular with young men. They were also very popular with Old Testament prophets, who went in for beards in a big way (even oiling them).

The trend these days is to "designer stubble", but that's more faff than either a beard or clean-shaven.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

Was quite taken with the "Our Girl" series on the box, and having missed an episode or two bought the full DVD set - The intro and series 1 to watch at my leisure. Which I have done a couple of times. For those unfamiliar it's about an Army medic in Afghanistan. It's good drama. Anyway towards the end this Army Captain in full dress uniform reads a monologue by Dylan Thomas at the funeral of one of his platoon. AND he has a face full of stubble. That would have never happened in my day - unshaven in full dress uniform at a formal public event. Found it quite unbelievable.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Be kind with the beards. I have a goatee since I was in the UK just before Mr. Blair come to power. I shaved it during my service with the air force and I regrew it after that. Some beards does give an air of uncleanness and all of them require a lot of maintenance.

Alisoncc have you seen Combat Hospital. It seems it is the Canadian version of your show?

Ancient Mariner
Snr FO
Snr FO

#6 Post by Ancient Mariner » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Sprouting facial hair as we speak, one must since Yul Tide is closing in and one shall upheld the tradition of standing in for Julenissen (Santa Claus) in three local kindergardens, Picture to follow.
Per