Gals only!

General Chit Chat
probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Gals only!

#1 Post by probes » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:42 am

Today I've found even another one I liked in the DWAil - Two women, both aged 69 but looking worlds apart. So why does Jane, who has spent £48,000 trying to look young, believe her grandmother Kitty actually had the right attitude to ageing?

That's something I've wondered about now and then - being slightly past the age my Mom retired happily (55) and not feeling like retiring at all. Once we discussed it with Worrals (still in the Wilds :( ) - how the perception of a certain 'age' changes. When I look at the photos of my parents in their 20s even, it's worlds apart from the ones these days - much 'older' and mature. In their looks and probably attitude - having seen the world in war as kids.
Unlike the women in the article I've never done anything special to look younger (not even any fancy beauty treatments), still people have been shocked for about the last 20 years when the real numbers are mentioned. And it seems to me it's more about the 'sparkle' inside - challenges in life - if you don't abhor clichés - and being interested in things?