The New Football Thread

General Chit Chat
lasernigel
Capt
Capt

Re: The New Football Thread

#21 Post by lasernigel » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Well looks like we took our time doing that. Think they all had hangovers.
Will wait until tomorrow when Liverpool will leap over us. Can't see them slipping up against Stoke.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Ibbie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 am

You asked for my opinion:
Clattenburg used to be a good referee when he was up and coming. Now he's reached the dizzy higher top ref category he's towing the publicized line. Reason I think will be the amount he gets paid in fees at that level and doesn't want to see his income from refereeing fees diminish.
He's not the only one. John Moss used to be a good referee, but not any more..........and don't get me started on that Atkinson person who turned up at Old Trafford yesterday.
There has to be a connection in fees earned, towing the PGO line and officiating and earning from as many top notch games as possible for these guys.
Problem is that it is ruining the game.
Rotting just like the FA from the head.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Woody » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:14 am

He hasn't been getting as many games recently though and his performance yesterday was distinctly average from the bits I saw. Mike Dean had a pretty good Derby last week, though we never get him as he lives next door to ribrash on The Wirral, so how your lot can get Taylor only The FA can explain :-q
When all else fails, read the instructions.

angels
Capt
Capt

#24 Post by angels » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Woody, I am putting the mockers on your team again. A rather handy accumulator will come in if they do the biz!
All generalisations are false, including this one.

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#25 Post by lasernigel » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:13 pm

Woody, I am putting the mockers on your team again. A rather handy accumulator will come in if they do the biz!

Think you put the mockers on Stoke with a scoreline of 4-1.

Now Swansea have got rid of Bob Bradley.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Woody » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:38 pm

angels wrote:Woody, I am putting the mockers on your team again. A rather handy accumulator will come in if they do the biz!

Got a double going on Spurs tomorrow :-w

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#27 Post by lasernigel » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by Woody » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Steven Gerrard is back in the Premier League barely a month since announcing his retirement from playing. The former Liverpool captain has been appointed Head Coach of Swansea City following the sacking of Bob Bradley this afternoon.

Gerrard admits that becoming a manager for the first time poses a new challenge.

Nerves

Gerrard presser“I’m **** my pants, if I’m honest,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I’d be lying if I said different. But Swansea is the perfect place to cut my teeth. Small club, wishy-washy fans who prefer rugby, relegation more or less a done deal. I’ll be comfortable making mistakes here, gaining that experience I’ll need if a big club like Sunderland or Cardiff come calling.”

“I’ll miss my family,” added the Liverpudlian. “The missus has always said she’d die before setting foot in Wales, and obviously you wouldn’t bring children to a place like Swansea. But it’s only a stepping stone. If the chairman hasn’t sacked me by the summer, I’m sure I’ll have had enough and walked by then anyway.”

Delighted

Swansea presidentSwans Chairman Huw Jenkins insists that he has made the right appointment.

“Stevie’s been a dream to deal with,” the millionaire businessman told Soccer on Sunday. “He looked me in the eye and told me straight that he has no interest in being here and will find it hard to motivate himself. That’s the same ferocious honesty he showed as a player. And the whole time we were talking, he never stopped playing Angry Birds on his phone. You can’t buy that kind of multitasking.”

“The deal was straightforward,” added Jenkins. “I slid a contract in front of Stevie and credit to him, he signed it without thinking. Then he lunged across the table to try and get it back. There was a bit of a tug of war, but he only came away with a corner. I have 80% of the document. All the legally binding stuff is in my end.”

MiracleGerrard

Having put pen to paper, Gerrard is eager to meet his squad and get to work.

“The sooner I start, the sooner I can leave,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I just want to get in and get out of Wales before people remember I was here. In two, three years I want to look back and think this was all just a weird dream.”

(THIS IS A JOKE- for the record)

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Woody » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Woody wrote:
Steven Gerrard is back in the Premier League barely a month since announcing his retirement from playing. The former Liverpool captain has been appointed Head Coach of Swansea City following the sacking of Bob Bradley this afternoon.

Gerrard admits that becoming a manager for the first time poses a new challenge.

Nerves

Gerrard presser“I’m **** my pants, if I’m honest,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I’d be lying if I said different. But Swansea is the perfect place to cut my teeth. Small club, wishy-washy fans who prefer rugby, relegation more or less a done deal. I’ll be comfortable making mistakes here, gaining that experience I’ll need if a big club like Sunderland or Cardiff come calling.”

“I’ll miss my family,” added the Liverpudlian. “The missus has always said she’d die before setting foot in Wales, and obviously you wouldn’t bring children to a place like Swansea. But it’s only a stepping stone. If the chairman hasn’t sacked me by the summer, I’m sure I’ll have had enough and walked by then anyway.”

Delighted

Swansea presidentSwans Chairman Huw Jenkins insists that he has made the right appointment.

“Stevie’s been a dream to deal with,” the millionaire businessman told Soccer on Sunday. “He looked me in the eye and told me straight that he has no interest in being here and will find it hard to motivate himself. That’s the same ferocious honesty he showed as a player. And the whole time we were talking, he never stopped playing Angry Birds on his phone. You can’t buy that kind of multitasking.”

“The deal was straightforward,” added Jenkins. “I slid a contract in front of Stevie and credit to him, he signed it without thinking. Then he lunged across the table to try and get it back. There was a bit of a tug of war, but he only came away with a corner. I have 80% of the document. All the legally binding stuff is in my end.”

MiracleGerrard

Having put pen to paper, Gerrard is eager to meet his squad and get to work.

“The sooner I start, the sooner I can leave,” he told Soccer on Sunday. “I just want to get in and get out of Wales before people remember I was here. In two, three years I want to look back and think this was all just a weird dream.”

(THIS IS A JOKE- for the record)

Thanks Carra

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#30 Post by lasernigel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:29 am

Nice one Woody!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Woody » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:35 am

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Ibbie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 am

I'd rather believe the Mirror than the Mail. In fact The Mail is nothing more than a story book, fairy at times.

If you find out who allegedly voted for that award, then you may find out why he won it and why it's a nothing one.

Move along please. Nothing to see.

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#33 Post by lasernigel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Quote from the DAILY TELEGRAPH

It caps an exceptional year for the 41-year-old who took charge of the finals of the FA Cup, Champions League and Euro 2016.

The County Durham-born official became a Fifa referee in 206 at the age of 30 and is routinely named the best official in the country.

Even I couldn't write that. Best official????

angels
Capt
Capt

#34 Post by angels » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Good ale up in Durham. Now we know who drinks it all the time.

Many thanks to the Scousers for turning 10 of my pounds into 175.33 of them just by winning.... :D The big boost to the accumulator came from Charlton winning at the MK Dons. I just fancied their chances. Old manager returns to club and all that.

I see the Spuz are 7/4 to win today and that is tempting but since Woody is on them I wouldn't want to spoil his chances!
All generalisations are false, including this one.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by Ibbie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

routinely named the best official in the country.

Again I ask who by? Who was allowed to vote?

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#36 Post by lasernigel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:46 pm

That is what I am trying to say, that who actually wrote that??

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#37 Post by lasernigel » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Well that was different. Southampton start the scoring and by the end thrashed.

So did Woody make his fortune?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by Woody » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Enough for a good night out in Cape Town next week :YMPARTY:

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by Woody » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:53 pm

lasernigel
Capt
Capt

#40 Post by lasernigel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:40 am

Over 3,800 turned out on Boxing Day and Wilson revelled in the occasion. “It was brilliant to play in front of that many fans. I’ve never played in front of a crowd like that before,” he said.

Blackpool's attendances must be very low nowadays. Wish the Oystons would F*** off they have ruined what was a good club.

Well done on the bet btw.