An interesting wildlife experience

General Chit Chat
Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

An interesting wildlife experience

#1 Post by Fliegenmong » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:57 am

I'm not a big animal person, I like them to look at or whatever, but I don't have a cat or dog, 'cos everytime you touch then you have to go wash your hands and all that, it's a PITA.

Anyway, having just returned from the pool, sipping champagne with Mrs Fliegs. on a hot and Sunny Christmas Eve, we noticed a little blue iridescent (?) dragonfly on the hose pipe. Little Dragonflys are common in our backyard, some big red ones too, but this little blue guy was very interesting, insofar as to what he was doing.

He kinda looked like this...but not exactly..

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo- ... ge12524210

We found that if we disturbed him (or her?) .... it would fly off and land back on our hands, either hand, whatever hand was ... uh to hand....

He/She did this repeatedly, it was about an inch long....with a tail as fine as a needle, and legs thinner than a piece of cotton, so fine, that when it landed on your hand you could not feel it, and Oh so beautiful blue colour! ....now as I've said we often have dragonfly's of various sizes darting about the pool, but getting one to land on your hand so often and so easily was something else!
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde