SCAMMERS !

General Chit Chat
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: SCAMMERS !

#721 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Just had a scam e-mail telling me my facebook account has been hacked, has recorded me looking at dodgy web-sites and if I don't pay a ransom in bitcoins, all my facebook friends will be told what I've been doing.

Slight giveaway that it's a scam, I don't have a facebook account.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Slasher

#722 Post by Slasher » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:05 pm
kiss kiss kiss *f*ck*
Your ❤ Oksana
Did you tell this woman you wanted a girlfriend who’s really filthy dirty or something Cape? I think she misinterpreted.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#723 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:16 am

Think his knighthood is on hold :ymdevil:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50052945
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#724 Post by Capetonian » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 am

From this morning's crop :

People fall for this *****.
Mike R. Pence <chinyeregreg01@gmail.com>
Wed 23/10/2019 05:51
Dear Sir/Madam.

I am Mike Pence, Vice President of the United States and this is to
inform you about your Bank Check Draft brought back by the United
Embassy from the government of Benin Republic in the white house
Washington DC as your compensation fund been mandated to be deliver to
your home address ...........
Mr.Jerome Hayden Powell <ericwilliiam6@gmail.com>
Tue 22/10/2019 18:52
Attention Dear Sole Beneficiary.

My Name is Mr.Jerome Hayden Powell, Chairman Federal Reserve Bank. I am the 16th and current Chair of the Federal Reserve, (born February 4, 1953)serving in that office since February 2018), I have attached a scanned copy of my id for your confidence..How are you today and your beloved family including work? I hope you are all fine by the grace of almighty God..................

Congratulations
Yours in Service,
Mr.Jerome Hayden Powell
Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
Hello ......!

You have written the letter to me, it is very pleasant. Thanks, that you have found, that minute has answered me.
(My 'letter' to her simply said 'send photo of your tits')
you still haven’t sent me new photo of you and I’m wondering why?.......... I am a usual woman
who has hands, legs, main a Heart which is the most important.
That's reassuring, maybe I should write back and and say a pussy is the most important)
I Studied within 18 years. All 18 years I have studied the English language
also.
You must have studied very hard to achieve such excellent English
I have finished university in age 25. How to me gave with a
medal for excellent results during my studying. ..........But however my
garden is very beautiful and pleasant. I like to raise flowers because
They the most beautiful which have been created by the nature. I live
one, I have no neither children, nor the boyfriend. ............I hope, that you will not be Laughter.
No, of course not!
...........With the best regards.Valeriya.

Capetonian

#725 Post by Capetonian » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:08 pm

There's an advert on Ebay for an Olympus (Concorde) engine for £748,000. I've written back to a couple of the scammers with this :
Hello boy

Can you take some of my money and purchase this item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concorde-Tur ... SwUf9cdvw6 on my behalf.

I will pay transport costs.

Thank you
I will then tell them where to stick the engine, sharp end first!

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#726 Post by ricardian » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Capetonian

#727 Post by Capetonian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:56 am

I had a suspicious phone call this morning around 0930 supposedly from a well known cancer charity to whom I have previously donated (not CRUK). They were asking if I would make a monthly donation by standing order.

I was suspicious because it seems odd to call early (it's early for me) on a Saturday morning.

The call came from a landline number which had no geographic proximity to the charity's location or listed number.
They may have people working from home doing this work.

When I ring the number back it is permanently engaged.
That may be because they are phoning out soliciting donations.

The listed number for the charity's donation department is not answered.
That is not surprising on a weekend, but the lady who called when I told her than I thought this was an odd time to call, said they work 0900-1400.

She asked if I could give her my account details over the phone so she could set up the stop order then and there.

None of those factors indicate that it's a scam, but combined they make me suspicious. I have emailed the organisation and asked them to call me on Monday. I shall then call them back on the listed number, since it's possible for callers to spoof numbers, and make sure it is all genuine.

They knew how much I'd donated last year, and they knew my physical address. On balance of probability it is likely to be genuine, but there are suspicious factors ............ or am I being paranoid?

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#728 Post by Hydromet » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:09 am

They knew how much I'd donated last year, and they knew my physical address. On balance of probability it is likely to be genuine, but there are suspicious factors
Even if the call was genuine, it is a serious breach of privacy for a phone canvasser to be given this information. The canvasser is almost certainly a casual whose employer knows almost nothing about them, and may have nothing more than a contractual arrangement with the charity.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#729 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Perfect: She asked for your account details. She already had lots of other details. Finding your mother's maiden name is easy. It is also not hard to get your date of birth.

Scam

Capetonian

#730 Post by Capetonian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:55 pm

I don't use my mother's maiden name when it's asked for as a security question. I use a completely different name.

It would be extremely difficult for a scammer to find my date of birth even with my full names and address. As far as the internet is concerned, because I have no anti-social media presence, I don't exist.

I have been told by someone (who knew me personally through a mutual friend) trying to sell me 'optimisation' services that I have no presence on the internet and she could help me to change that. I thanked her and told her that she had given me the best news I'd had for a while!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#731 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Cape, the clues to the DOB:

You often offer it spontaneously.
Some one else, under a pretext, gives your DOB away. One source is through ancestral research cooperation through a relative. Getting a month and year is easier. Not using your actual mother's maiden name is a good ploy (provided you remember 😀)

I was once rung by the Air Miles people. Despite them ringing me they insisted on me proving who I was. No way would they budge. I contacted them and told them that next time they rang me be prepared to authenticate and gave them a password. Next time they rang from a different number they had to give me the password. In the event they only wanted to tell me out or flight was 15 minutes later!

fareastdriver
Snr FO
Snr FO

#732 Post by fareastdriver » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 pm

<Every month I get an automated call supposedly from Amazon. I have an Amazon Prime account and this automated female American voice tells me that my subscription is due. I pay £7.99/month which I am happy with but this voice this month gave a figure of £38.99. It then carried on to say that if I wanted to cancel my Amazon account that I should dial One to talk to an adviser.

From what I remember dialling One will connect you to a line that you will be paying premium rates for and to the USA that would be eye watering so I ignore it and treat it as a scam.

Has anybody else had a call like this from 'Amazon' and if so has used it to cancel a subscription.

(This month was £7.99 as normal.)

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#733 Post by k3k3 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Not as frequently as you but I have had it a couple of times, I just hang up, nothing happens.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#734 Post by ricardian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

Slasher

#735 Post by Slasher » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Speaking of telemarketers I had me first (manual) one on my HKG number a coupla weeks ago. Wish I had’ve recorded it!

- Good morning this is Chan calling from XXXXXX
- Yeh. G’day. Whatcha want?
- (reading from script) I am reaching out to you today to (sic) advice that XXXXXX is now offering a 50% promotion...blah blah (this lasts a full 3 mins).
- sorry but I missed all what you said ya dumb sh!t. Say all fcuken crap again please.
- [sigh] I am reaching out to you today...
- hand on I’ll put you on speakerphone. I’m going to have a sh!t.
- Errr...ok. (same speel but interrupted with my many grunts and an “ah fcuk that’s good!”)
- ...so shall I sign you up for our basic or premium service sir? Our office is in conveniently located in Kowloon and...
- hang on I’m just going to flush the fcuken toilet. It’s a good one too! Hey listen to it flush! [flushing].
- that’s very nice sir. Our premium is only xxx Hong Kong dollar per month and you will receive...
- receive what? A nice blowjob? Who from? You?
- pardon me sir?
- will I get my big guailo dick sucked by you or another girl as part of the Premium package?
- errrr... you are being quite rude sir.
- well you’re the one who called ME up with ***** ya dumb titless bitch!
- I have to hang up. Goodbye.
- Fcuk your mutha with a strap-on for me darling!

:))

Never heard boo since.

Slasher

#736 Post by Slasher » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:20 am

Edit: I use prepaid, and no user name nor address has to be given to my selected carrier. Others here do though.

Capetonian

#737 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:56 pm

My current scambait ..................

Anastesia Nwankwo is going to get a surprise!

Read from bottom to top, this is part 2, the first emails will appear in next posting. She is going to be very pissed when she phones and I tell her she's been traced.

Re: ATTENTION FOR THE DELIVERY OF YOUR FUND
xxxxxxxx

13:33 (56 minutes ago)

to Terri
We do not have postal delivery, it has to go to P O Box 419, Sutherland, 6920

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 13:24, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Send me your number and delivery address

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:51 PM xxxxxxxx wrote:

What security purpose?
When you make up your mind that you want the money and you give me your bank details it will be done.
In the meantime, you may call me if you so wish

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 12:47, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

For Security purpose

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:28 PM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Sending my driving licence through Western Union? This gets odder all the time.
Why do you want my driving licence?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 12:25, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Alright you can try and find a means of sending it through western union

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:04 PM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Oh I see what you mean, you call a photograph a snap. How odd. I guess we didn't go to the same school, I learnt proper English.

I don't have a phone that takes photos. My phone is for making and receiving calls. It's not one of those new things.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 12:01, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Use your phone to take a picture of your Driving License and send me the copy

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 11:48 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Can you answer my last question to you so I can do it.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:55, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Snap your driving license and send me the copy of it

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:53 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

How can I send you my driving licence?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:51, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

For verification I want you to send me your phone number and driving license

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:45 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have phoned all 3 banks I use and none of them will send money via Western Union, they say it is not safe and used by scammers.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:30, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

You can tell your bank to send it through western union only. Just forward the receiver information to your bank so they will send the fee through western union.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:26 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

I can phone my bank and they will do the transfer immediately. This is how I send money to my children and grandchildren.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:19, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

You can ask around

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:18 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't know what an I-Tunes store is, I have no idea about these. I am 92 years old and I do not understand computer stuff.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:16, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

You can go to any nearest iTunes Store and buy two cards of $100 iTunes Cards and immediately you get the iTunes Card then scratch the cards and take a good picture of the cards and send it to my email okay.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:09 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

What is an I-Tunes card? How do I sent it? Need address.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:07, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

You can buy iTunes Card and send it to me

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:05 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

What's a gift card?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 10:04, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Since you don't want to send it through western union then forget this delivery or you can go ahead and send it through gift card

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 10:02 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

I will send the money now as soon as I get your BANK details.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 09:51, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Alright when you are ready then let me know

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 9:50 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Nope, it's you that's not serious.
Serious people use banks, not Western Union.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 09:48, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Then you are not serious

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 9:47 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Don't instruct me.
If you want the money I will send it to a bank.
Western Union! You are joking.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 09:35, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

You can send it through western union only!!!.

COMPANY

Capetonian

#738 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:58 pm

First emails, read from bottom to top :

You can send it through western union only!!!.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 8:49 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Need bank account details.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 01:27, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Alright. You can send the shipping fee through Western Union with this receiver's information below:.

Receiver Name: Anastesia Nwankwo
State: Lagos
Amount : $200, $140 or $80

Get back to with the payment receipt immediately you send the fee tomorrow.

Mrs Terri Lee

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 1:10 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Tomorrow will do.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 01:05, Terri Lee Russell <terrileerussell4@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your email response. I want to know when you want the delivery. Get back to me as soon as possible with the your delivery address and also let me know when you will send the delivery cost for the fund to deliver to you.

Best regards
Terri Lee Russell

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 12:12 AM xxxxxxxx wrote:

Interesting.

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 23:45, DELTA CARGO COURIER SERVICE <adriao1@yahoo.com> wrote:

Delta Cargo Courier Services,
House, Plot 50, New Airport Road Junction, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone Head Office On +2348072268141

Dear Winner,

Sequel to the instruction of team of Auditors set up by the Presidency and Foreign Contract Payment commission Officer {FCPCO}, The management of Delta Cargo Courier
Services, wishes to inform you that, we received a parcel containing ATM Master Card issued by UBA Bank valued $5,500,000 (Five Million Five Hundred Thousand United
States Dollars) for safety delivery to your residential address through our Delta Cargo Courier Services.

Please reconfirm the below information to us to avoid wrong delivery of Your package. We are briefed and our services retains that you are One of the 100 lucky winner
who were selected based on email lottery draw by board of ECOWAS {Economic Community Of West Africa State} The Presidency and the Foreign Contract Payment commission
Officer to send your winnings to you immediately after you send your delivery details to me.

(1) YOUR Full names............
(2) YOUR Parcel owner address......
(3) YOUR Country/State..............
(4) YOUR Tel...........

Upon your respond to this email with your above required information i will send you the Tracking Number for verification. You are expected to reconfirm the above required information for safety delivery of your package.

Note! Your Package delivery cost depends on your continent and estimate time of delivery(ETA) is listed below, so kindly choose based on arrival hour of your choice
and pay up accordingly.

12 hours delivery will cost you $200
24 hours delivery will cost you $140
48 hours delivery will cost you $80

Contact Our Accredited Agent Richmond Gary
Email: richmondgary1212@gmail.com
Phone Number On: +2348145151366

Best regards,
Mrs Terri Lee Russell. (Operational Manager)
terrileerussell4@gmail.com
DELTA CARGO COURIER COMPANY

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#739 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 pm

Excellent Cape!
A lot of work but good result.
Looking forward to hearing how you use the fruits of your labor.

PP

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#740 Post by OFSO » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:08 pm

A slightly different scam: acquaintance had ring at door, two scruffy youngsters, one m one f, behind them gleaming Audi of the larger type, "we heard your house is for sale and would like to come in and look around." Response was no it isn't and no you can't.