SCAMMERS !

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: SCAMMERS !

#61 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:42 pm

My MIL got a phone call this morning asking why she had not activated her new bank card. Might be 93 years old and blind but she's very wise. Asked them which bank and they wouldn't say ! Just wanted her a/c number so they could turn it on for her. She put phone the down. No doubt Cape's ageing Polish grandfather with a son working on the platforms in the North Sea would have had a ball with 'em...

Capetonian

#62 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:51 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sults.html

Some of these are fairly tame compared to some of mine, mine aren't publishable though.

My Russian girl gave up on me, I suspect that she realised I was taking the piss when I asked if I could contact the consul on her behalf, they want an easy hit, not someone who's going to put them through the hoops and hurdles. I also think she may have worked out what 'send beaver shots' meant.

I had a scammer on the 'phone yesterday. He told me, in a thick (in both senses of the word) west African accent, that my credit card had been compromised. I said : "Does that mean I've won some money .....?" and then got him to spend 10 minutes while I was making breakfast explaining what 'compromised' means. When the penny finally dropped, I said : "Oh my God, you mean my National Midland bank Visa card."
Then I gave him the number of the card, the expiry, date, PIN, CVV ..... my address, date of birth, passport number ...... he must have thought he'd hit gold.

I'd love to know what happened.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#63 Post by Woody » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:53 am

A friend just posted this, so beware

Received a phone call from BT, informing me that he was disconnecting me because of an unpaid bill.. He demanded payment immediately of £31.00 or it would be £ 118.00 to re-connect at a later date. The guy wasn't even fazed when I told him I was with Virgin Media, allegedly VM have to pay BT a percentage for line rental! I asked the guy's name - he gave me the very 'English' John Peacock with a very 'African' accent - & phone number -0800 0800 152. Obviously the fellow realized I didn't believe his story, so offered to demonstrate that he was from BT. I asked how & he told me to hang up & try phoning someone - he would disconnect my phone to prevent this. AND HE DID !! My phone was dead - no engaged tone, nothing - until he phoned me again. Very pleased with himself, he asked if that was enough proof that he was with BT. I asked how the payment was to be made & he said credit card, there & then. I said that I didn't know how he'd done it, but I had absolutely no intention of paying him, I didn't believe his name or that he worked for BT. He hung up. I dialed 1471 -number withheld I phoned his fictitious 0800 number - not recognized. So I phoned the police to let them know. I wasn't the first! It's only just started apparently, but it is escalating. Their advice was to let as many people as possible know of this scam. The fact that the phone does go off would probably convince some people it's real, so please make as many friends & family aware of this. How is it done? This is good but not that clever. He gave the wrong number - it should have been 0800 800 152 which takes you through to BT Business. The cutting off of the line is very simple, he stays on the line with the mute button on and you can't dial out - but he can hear you trying. (This is because the person who initiates a call is the one to terminate it). When you stop trying he cuts off and immediately calls back. You could almost be convinced! The sad thing is that it is so simple that it will certainly fool many. By the way this is not about getting the cash as this would not get past merchant services - it is all about getting the credit card details which include the security number, to be used for larger purchases. Please Copy And Paste
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#64 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:32 am

Originator-clearing has been the way a phone call clears down from the year dot, and I thought everyone who uses a landline knew that ! We didn't have a mute button way back when, but the palm of a hand pressed over the mouth piece works as well.

On the subject of the stupid and incredulous, we used to call subs and say "can you have a look and see if there is there much cord between the telephone and the box on the wall in your house ?" if the sub said "yes" and most did, we'd continue "could you give it a good pull as we've got too much length here at the exchange." With any luck they'd pull the box off the wall....

Gegen Dummheit ist keine Kraut gewaschen - there's no herbal remedy for stupidity.

OFSO (GPO apprentice 1961-1968)

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#65 Post by Woody » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:06 am

Capetonian these people need some help

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35250678

Capetonian

#66 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:04 am

ENT <test@aaleda.co.nz>
Jan 12 at 7:44 PM

Dear

I do not know much about you and how you will take this message but i am doing this based on my Christian faith and what tomorrow will be. I am Dr (Mrs) Doris Udozie,the office assistant to the Central Bank Governor (Mr Godwin Emefiele). I am not telling you this to impress you or to gain any favour from you, rather I am doing this to save you from further damage and pains.I have done this to two people already, though they betrayed me at the end.

Before I proceed,you must promise me that nobody will know of this and after you are satisfied with my job,you can help me in whatever way the spirit of God directs you.

This is very secret,I overheard Mr Godwin Emefiele and other bank executives here in Nigeria saying that they will make sure you spend and pay much fees till you are tired and abandoned your UN/ World Bank Approved compensation amount of $1,300,000.00 (One million Three Hundren United States Dollars) for them to later divert to an already opened offshore account in USA. Please do not pay anything to anyone again regarding the release of your fund(ATM CARD) because none of these evil perpetrators have your interest at heart.

The President of Nigeria and the members of his Federal Executive Council have since endorsed the payment of this approved compensation fund to you and your account is already activated which you can access at any time and your ATM card programmed and ready to dispatch to you. It is just that some of our bank executives are very greedy and they have created avenues to steal your money even when they know that the situation is very critical. I and another Christian colleague in the office can assist you only if you can agree with our proposal.

The proposal is that you should not allow anybody know of this as that will land us into serious trouble and may even take our lives. If you venture contact anyone again or pay any money to these people, you will continue to pay more and more money till you are tired before they can convert the money to their own offshore online account in USA or possibly keep it in a suspense account that will be yielding interest for them.

Now, we have perfectly pulled out the ATM card that contains your UN/ World Bank Compensation payment amount . We are ready to send it to you immediately, PLEASE, our job is on the line. I am only 34 years married with two kids (A Boy and A Girl) and I don't want to ruin my future or die at this early age. I do not make calls on transactions like this due to the sensitive nature of this transaction and my position with the CBN. I will not deliver this ATM card to you if you let anyone know of this..

If this arrangement is OK by you please reply now and we will send the ATM card to you through DHL and all these horrendous and callous treatment will stop and you will happily receive your fund to your designated home address.

I shall attach my personal identifications to you as soon as I hear from you positively.

Get back to me if you are interested so that we can proceed.

Regards.

Dr (Mrs) Doris Udozie.
Office assistant to the Central Bank Governor.
mrsdoriudz@gmail.com

This rather florid email arrived this morning. Mrs Udoziek*** is in my sights.

Hello Udoziek***

Ah, the lure of the lucre. I suggest we enter into verbal intercourse on this matter and I invite you to use Mr. Graham Alexander Bell's invention to do so. I shall in due course provide you with the relevant series of digits to enable this.

I trust you are able to keep this secret as my reputation would suffer should it emerge that I am entering into an arrangement with such as you, the lowest of the low, but so be it.

Have a good day.

J B

belfrybat
Snr FO
Snr FO

#67 Post by belfrybat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:47 am

Before I proceed,you must promise me that nobody will know of this...

And then blithely goes on spilling the beans. Love it!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#68 Post by Woody » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Good job you've got in early, looks like a winner :^o

Capetonian

#69 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm

I have just sent her a quick note :
"My spell checker has changed your name to
U Dozy C***.
Is there any meaning to your name?
"

Capetonian

#70 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 am

The Dozy c*** hasn't replied but here's more fun :

To:
Sent: Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 15:46
Subject: BUSINESS PROPOSAL

I am in need of a foreign partner for a mutual Business proposal.
Get back to me via this email mr.fuzhongjun@mail.com if you have interest.
Thanks.
Mr. Fu Zhongjun
__________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 9:02 PM
To: "do-not-reply@klout.com" <do-not-reply@klout.com>, "mr.fuzhongjun@mail.com" <mr.fuzhongjun@mail.com>
Subject: Re: BUSINESS PROPOSAL

It may be possible for us to engage in this context but you will need to contact me by telephone and
I will request proof of your identity before proceeding.

JvU

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today at 8:42 AM
To xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Good Day,
Thanks for your positive response, I got your email address from the Hong Kong commerce and Industry on-line directory while searching for a foreign partner to execute this project together. This is where all individual and business contact is kept in Hong Kong. Please do not be offended with the manner I contacted you. It was necessitated by the urgency and nature of this transaction. Let me start by introducing myself. I am Fu Zhongjun, (Non-executive Director ) of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

The main reason I contacted you is that, a certain businessman made a numbered of a fixed deposit in 2004, with a value of ($25,500,000.00USD).Twenty Five million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars in our bank branch in China, upon maturity several notices was sent to him without response. We later find out that the Business man was killed in a natural disaster (EARTHQUAKE) along with his wife and only daughter that hit their home . After further investigation it was also discovered that the Businessman declares his is wife as next of kin who was also killed during the disaster. Twenty Five million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to our banking law, if the deceased funds remain unclaimed before the end of this year, the fund will be transferred to the Government Reserve Bank as unclaimed funds. This question was raised during the annual Board meeting last week, and I do not want the fund to go into the Federal Government Bank treasury as unclaimed funds.

The reason I contacted you is because I needed a foreign partner to help me in this project because it will be too risky to transfer this funds to my Chinese colleague person. I want you to stand as a trustworthy person to receive this money, when it is transferred. My suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to this Businessman so that you will be able to receive the funds.Note that anybody can be picked as next of kin as defined by will. If I a director in a bank and for funds I manage in the private banking section of the bank say it is a deal, then you should know that I have perfected my plans for a successful execution. So I have to reassure you that every modality for a successful execution was put in place before I contacted you.
However, I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin and sole beneficiary of these funds.
If interested , contact me on this email account. Due to the sensitive nature of the transaction, please it's important that we keep the confidentiality of ourselves in order to enjoy the benefit without the fear that someone else is aware. I will welcome questions from you on areas that need further clarification on this project. If you follow my instruction the transaction shall be concluded within days.

Am waiting for your response.
My best regards.
Mr.Fu Zhongjun.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I suggest you were not able to fully comprehend my missive to you yesterday in which I intimated that you would need to enter into telephonic intercourse.

As my telephone numbers are available to you in the Hong Kong commerce and Industry on-line directory to which you refer, I suggest you do so forthwith.

We will need to have a conference call with my finance manager, Ayshiet Onyu, who will review the transaction,

Get cracking, chinky boy. Time waits for no man.

J v U

Capetonian

#71 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm

I have had two 'phishing' texts this morning.
One purportedly from O2, who are my UK phone provider, and worryingly it was addressed to me by my correct first name.
It suggested that there was a problem with my billing details and aksed me to click on a bit.ly URL :
Which went to
http://mymobile-o2.co.uk/signin?sslchan ... oxWfvd7tEo which looks very authentic
I called O2 who confirmed it's phishing.
Then an hour later I had one from HSBC (whom I do bank with) which asked me to go a weird URL which had already been blocked.

I don't know if it's coincidental that I have had 2 such texts in such a short space of time, but it seems odd, given that I don't recall ever getting texts of this nature before.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#72 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:04 am

I've just had a scanned image sent to me from some weird address, MX-264ON, no text except 'click here to open the file' yes thanks very much, certainly I will (not).

The way things are going, even if three Nigerians turned up on the doorstep with several million dollars in cash, and my bank ran every one through their scanner, I'd still be suspicious.

wings folded
Capt
Capt

#73 Post by wings folded » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:12 pm

Subject: The Power-Ball Lottery Donation
To: Undisclosed recipients:;

I am Mrs. Gloria C. Mackenzie, the power-ball lottery winner and I have donated $2,000,000.00 USD to you.

I don't seem to have received it

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#74 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Me neither, and I think by now the Tax Authorities would have noted the inward transfer and been on to me about it. Perhaps there was a floating decimal point in the sum.....

Capetonian

#75 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm

This is convincing isn't it ............ wow ....... I almost fell for it ........... specially when I saw the email address it came from :

a.comande@alice.it

Wuckfits ..........!

Google
Google UK Ltd
123 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9SH
United Kingdom

Ref No: GFSP/ 4877/7782/2015
Batch: GFSP/ 977/GPWIN/UK

RE: OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION LETTER.

It is obvious that this notification will come to you as a surprise but please find time to read it carefully as we congratulate you over your success in the following official publication of results of the E-mail Electronic Online Sweepstakes Organized by Google, in conjunction with the foundation for the Promotion of Software Products, (F.P.S.) held on 1st of January 2016, here in London UK. Google earns its profit mainly from advertising using their very own Google search engine, Gmail, Gala, Sify, e-mail service Google Maps, Google Apps, Orkut social networking and You Tube video sharing, which are all offered to the public for free.

We wish to congratulate you once again, for being among the Twelve (12) selected winners in the ongoing E-mail Electronic Online Sweepstakes. Hence we do believe with your prize, you will continue to be active in your patronage to Google and its Products.

A Bank Cheque has been issued in your favour, hence you have won for yourself the sum of £950.000.00 (Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling), One Google Nexus 10 Tablet and also you have been enlisted as One of the Google Ambassadors for 2016.

To claim your reward, please contact our Foreign Payment Bureau officer below by neatly filling the verification and funds release form below, as your payment will be released and arranged by our United Kingdom Office.

MANDATORY FOREIGN PAYMENT RELEASE FORM.

(1) Your Contact Address:
(2) Your Contact Telephone/Mobile Number:
(3) Your Nationality/Country:
(4) Your Full Names:
(5) Occupation:
(6) Age/Gender:
(7) Marital Status:
(8) Private Email Address:
(9) Ever Won An Online Lottery?
(10) How Do You Feel As A Winner?
(11) Your Preferred mode of prize remittance from the two options below:

(a) Cash Pick-Up (You as the Beneficiary coming Down to UK to receive your Award Personally, available to only British citizens and residents).
(b) Courier Delivery of your certified winning cheque in your name and other Winning documents safely to you.
……………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………

Contact our Foreign Payment Bureau officer below:
Kent Walker
Senior Vice-President and General Counsel with these E-mail accounts as follows,
Email: kentwalguk15@gmail.com, kentwalkegoogleuk@qq.com
……………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………

Note: You can either fill your claims verification form by printing and manually filling out the requested details or you can fill directly on e-mail, or provide the details on Microsoft Word.

NOTE!!! For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims are processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this Program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be WARNED!!!!

Congratulations from the Staffs & Members of Google Board Commission.

Singed: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HA HA !!!!!!
MD Matt Brittin, Larry Page
Chairman of the Board and Managing Director, Co-Founder & CEO
Google United Kingdom.

©2016 Google Incorporation.

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#76 Post by rgbrock1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm

Capetonian: when do you leave for the London office to pick up your winnings? :D
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

Capetonian

#77 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Sadly Concorde is no longer available for charter, but I am getting there as quickly as possible. I've chartered a Falcon 7X, which is costing me about £15,000 but as I've won
'£950.000.00 (Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling)'
it's petty cash.
I''ll invite all of you to the party!

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#78 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:13 am

Capetonian wrote:I''ll invite all of you to the party!

Wouldn't expect anything less. :YMPARTY: :YMPARTY:

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

obgraham
Capt
Capt

#79 Post by obgraham » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:31 am

In addition to the cash you get a Nexus 10! Wow!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#80 Post by Woody » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:52 am

Haven't Google, just scammed HMRC X(