SCAMMERS !

General Chit Chat
SOPS
Capt
Capt
Re: SCAMMERS !

#41 Post by SOPS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:08 pm

I've got a good one. I have had scammers ringing me claiming that they are from the Australian Taxation Office. And telling me if I don't pay $6000 dollars by credit card, right now, I will be arrested. ( this has been going on for weeks, and I'm still yet to be arrested.). Anyway, I started by telling them I didn't have a credit card,or any money so they had better come and get me. They then started calling more. I then started telling them they should write me a letter. They calls started coming 6 times a day. I then suggested sexual things they could enjoy with their mother. A few days ago, I asked they guy...are you fundamentally stupid or did your mother drop you on your head at birth? I want you to go, and do serious damage to yourself...(rude words followed from me as I told him what I thought of him,). He said back to me...and I'm not making this up...Jesus, you need to chill out.

Today, I started getting recorded calls from them. Same demands, same story, but, I guess, because I need to chill more, they don't want to talk to me anymore.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by probes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:53 am

I've been snared:

MICROSOFT® CORPORATION
Cardinal Place
80-100 Victoria Street
London,SW1E 5JL
United Kingdom

Winning No: MSFT/5975/107/2015
Ticket No: MSFT/3081/039/2015

MICROSOFT YEARLY ANNIVERSARY WINNING NOTIFICATION

We wish to congratulate you on this note, for being part of our selected winners in our just concluded internal promotion draw this year, this promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of Microsoft products and its software services.

Hence we do believe with your winning prize, you will continue to be an active patronage to Microsoft products and its software services. Microsoft Corporation develops and markets software, services and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience and enhanced value to people's lives. We ran an online e-mail beta draw which your email address won Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling (Ј950,000.00). We wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully passed the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all online winners.

A winning check will be issued in your name by Microsoft Promotion Award; for the sum of Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling (Ј950,000.00) and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent alongside your winning check cashable at any bank.

You are advised to contact the assigned Microsoft Program Administrator/Coordinator with the following details to avoid unnecessary delay and complications:

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

(1) Your Contact Address/Private Email Address:
(2) Your Tel/Fax Numbers:
(3) Your Nationality/Country:
(4) Your Full Name:
(5) Occupation/Company:
(6) Age/Gender:
(7) Ever Won An Online Lottery?
(8) Comments about Microsoft:

Philippa Snare
Chief Marketing Officer, Microsoft UK
E-mail: philippasnare1@163.com
Fax No: +44 8447 749 891

Microsoft values your right to privacy! Your information is 100% secured and will be used exclusively for the purpose of this award only.

The Microsoft Promotion Award Team has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this, these friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The Microsoft Promotion Award Team has reached a decision from its headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the canceling of that particular winning, leading to a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

Congratulations from the Staffs & Members of the Microsoft interactive Lotteries Board Commission.

Yours faithfully,

Satya Nadella
CEO of Microsoft Corporation.

Capetonian

#43 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:01 am

How funny that the CEO of Microsoft UK doesn't use a Microsoft or MSN address!

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by probes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:13 am

yeah. If not that, I'd surely have phoned them.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by probes » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:14 am

o MasterCard ® / Mega-Jackpot
o MasterCard ® Office: 194 Regent Street, Westminster London,W1S 2XG, United
Kingdom.
o Director Name: Dr Blaine Vandergate
o Direct Phone: +44 20 3095 3936 MasterCard
o Fax No: +44 20 3095 3936 MasterCard

MasterCard® INTERNATIONAL MEGA JACKPOT UK-TABLE OF REWARD.
. Ticket Number: 08 16 20 24 25 40
· Registration Number: 9027640
· Insurance Number: MSTC006
· Tax Clearance Number: 28456
· Amount Credited: Ј5,000,000.00

Dear Winner,
This email address has brought you an unexpected luck; we know this may be a
surprise to you because you were not informed about this Promo. Please read through
this message. Your e-mail address was selected and confirmed by our co-sponsor
Microsoft International MasterCard® Credit Card Jackpot 2015, through their latest
internet software. You are therefore been approved by MasterCard® / Visa Card
International to receive Ј5,000,000.00 GBP in credit card to be delivered to you
at your resident/house address.

Equivalent to $7,591,188 US Dollars ( Seven Million Five Hundred And Ninety One
Thousand And One Hundred and Eighty Eight USD ). In cash, Credited to MasterCard No.
5283 0421 0025 3621 and With Reg. No. MCIMJ: 5148/4178 which have been Verified on
the user of this E-mail Address Account. You are the ninth (9th) lucky winner of the
total winners of 60 Take Note. You all won GBP 5,000,000.00 each. Be informed that
your prize (MasterCard No 5283 0421 0025 3621) has been insured/Debited with the sum
won and ready for pay out and delivery to your house address. Which you will be to
withdrawal your fund from any ATM point in your country.

Furthermore your details (e-mail address) falls within our REGIONAL representative
office in London as indicated in your play coupon and your Credit Card prize of (GBP
5,000,000.00) will be released to you from this regional branch in London. Be
informed that your winning Credit Card (MasterCard No. 5283 0421 0025 3621) has been
insured and ready for delivery to your house address by the regional issuing
crediting office and it is ready and programmed in your name .Contact your claims
administrator for further instructions and delivery-MasterCard®.

======================================================

· MasterCard® Claims Administrator Region

· Name: Brian Hookson

· E-mail: mcarduk@gmail.com

======================================================

Again for your information, all the 10 participants were selected through the
Microsoft computer ballot system (MCBS) drawn from each continent and from each ISP,
by the most powerful Microsoft Software Incorporation, as part of our International
"E-MAIL" Promotions/Advert Program, to promote the use of MasterCard's and the use
of Microsoft Offices all over the World. Furthermore, to promote the use of online
payments, for the settlement of debts (taxes) and payment of bills reduce of
poverty.

Your funds Ј5,000,000.00 Five Million Great British Pounds has been lodge in this
MasterCard No. (5283 0421 0025 3621) on behalf of your E-mail Account, insured and
ready for delivery. All you have to do is provide the necessary information to
process your MasterCard Certificate and to upgrade our upcoming WEBSITE. Please note
that they are impostors (Scammers) who pretend to be us, so be careful and report to
me any case of double information you receive from someone else.

Do email the above Claims Administrator, at once with all the claims requirements
below. To avoid unnecessary delay. The informations below are needed to for
immediate processing to embark.
Claims Requirements:
1. Full Name:
2. Nationality:
3. Age:
4. Occupation:
5. Mobile Phone:
6. 6.Registration Number: 9027640
7. 7.MasterCard No:5283 0421 0025 3621

The above requirements are much more needed to proceed. Be free and fast to send the
above details to your claims Administrator.
PROCEDURES:
1. Contact the Claims Administrator with all your claims requirements.
2. Choose one of the payment Options.
3. Activate your Master card.
4. Make sure you confirm payments.
5. Keep your claims Administrator fully updated.
6. All charges would be taken care of by you if any at all.

1. No one is allowed to touch neither deduct from your Credit card.
2. Payments are made in Great British Pounds. (Ј5 million pounds)
3. Read carefully and contact the necessary office. (Claims Administrator)
4. Price would be paid in full, deductions are not allowed.

RIGHTS:
1. You have the right to a scanned copy of your winning certificate and a
copy of your Master Card.
2. In case of any doubt, you have the right to a letter of Guarantee from the
company's Attorney.
3. The right to your personal informations. Do not give out your personal
Credit card informations to anyone.
4. Any mail received of such should be reported to the claims Administrator.
This will help fight scam.
5. You alone can claim your Price; you alone have the right to the Price, no
one else.

PRECAUTIONS:
1. The charges are very low; we made it your charges because of some reasons.
2. Mind the kind of words you use when communicating with your claims
administrator, as he has the due right to disqualify you for misconduct.

CHARGES IF NECESSARY:
1. Master Card account activation, if you prefer to have your funds
transferred to your account then you must have to activate this master card account.
2. Master Card / Winning document, if you prefer to have your card and
documents courier to you, then you will only take care of the delivery charge.

PROCEDURES / RIGHTS AND PRECAUTIONS:
Contact the Claims Administrator with all your claims requirements well filled. Your
claims Administrator will give you all the guide lines on how to process your
claims. Your claims administrator has the due right to disqualify you for
misconduct; you are to keep your winning private until delivery. Any mail received
of such should be reported to the claims Administrator above. This will help fight
scam.

o Secretary
o Mrs. Mercy Hunt @
o MasterCard® / Microsoft® Mega Jackpot.
===========================
o Sponsored by MasterCard® / Visa Card
o © 1994-2015 MasterCard.

[my highlhght in red :) ]

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:24 am

Probes - you seem to attract scammers! Now I know why I don't possess a credit card any more or indeed do any cash transactions on the Web so to speak. :D Cash is best! :))
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am

Srtuth, but that's a good one Probes!

Why don't you handball that one to Capetonian. I reckon he'd love to bait that one! What do ya say, Cape? :D
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:38 am

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:...Now I know why I don't possess a credit card any more or indeed do any cash transactions on the Web so to speak. :D Cash is best! :))

Amen Sister!

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Gonna be rich, gonna be rich, and all just in time for Christmas. :)

Alison
From The Office Of
Mr Danladi Musa
Chairman Debt Reconciliation
Committee Federal Republic
Of Nigeria

Attn:Beneficiary

I have a good news for you regarding your long over due payment.Be informed that the new central bank governor Godwin Emefiele issued an irrevocable payment standing order for the payment of your long over due inheritance funds, via international certified ATM master card.

If you have not received your full payment,please get back to this office to enable us pay your outstanding debt as soon as possible.

I will like to have the following information below from you upon your reply to enable me commence on the final approval and payment.

(1)your full Name,
(2)Telephone Number
(3)Contact Address.
(4)Total Amount

Congratulation.
Yours sincerely,
Danladi Musa
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Capetonian

#50 Post by Capetonian » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:21 am

I keep getting this one. Unfortunately the email addresses it contains are invalid and my friendly replies keep bouncing.

Dear Sir,

Bringing you back to my yesterday and a day before yesterdays communications. I explain to you that Barclay's bank plc, U.A.E is the only bank that i can use to achieve this great task for you and making sure we lodge the fund in Barclay's bank plc escrow bank account first which we did and we succeeded and finally, i also explain that Barclay's bank officers involved in this transaction has agreed to open an offshore account on your behalf without your presence, this is to show you that this is a special arrangement, because is nor normal for a bank account to open on beneficiary's absence because there ius some vital documents that need to be signed and send back for final endorsement of the officer in charge of your account opening, but I want to use my veto power so that bank will bypass the due process because we don't have much time on this matter, reason is because your funds part payment $10 million dollars is not save in Barclay's bank escrow account, it suppose to be a temporarily arran

Meanwhile, all approvals and supportive documents that back your transaction is officially ready, including the Gold card, visa credit cards and debit cards with fund origin documents are all ready to be collected by you the beneficiary, i was able to procure all the document attached to this transaction today, if you like me to send you all the supportive documents i will be glad and happy to send the documents to you for your perusal before bank will complete the opening of the account procedures for you in next 48 hours.

The documents are as follows:

1, Anti-terrorism clearance certificate
2, Debit Credit Card
3, Gold Master card
4, Irrevocable payment release order
5, The fund origin central bank clearance certificate
6, Home Land Treasury Certificate
7, U.S Department of the Treasury Clean Bill
8, U.S Department of the treasury clearance certificate
9, Funds Origin Certificate
10, Federal Reserve Bank of New York Approval
11, Federal Reserve Bank of New York Clearance Certificate
12, Federal Open MarketCommittee Irrevocable financial Clearance
13, FBI Clearance Certificate
14, FATF/GAFI Approval Certificate
15, U.S Department of Homeland Security Clearance Certificate
16, Financial expert Credentials
17, Working I.D Card
18, International Passport
19, Statement of your online account
20, Proof of fund clearance certificate

All this documents is ready on your name with the Barclay's bank plc, U.A.E, this is ready to prove to you that all is well with this transaction and your urgent response to this serious issue will be highly appreciated, if you want me to send all the twenty important documents to you so that you will see the copies I will be glad to do that today but you must try to understand that this transaction is very serious and required your urgent attention.

So you are hereby advice to comply with the full payment modalities of the refunable deposit of $1,100 so that we can be able send the cards to you via DHL courier services and don't forget that I am coming to show you how to use the checkbook and credit cards on the first withdrawal and to come and clear the fund from your bank. So please as matter of urgency I need your urgent response on this matter so that we can be able to move ahead and get this transaction concluded. I think I have heard a good run just waiting to hear from you, if you want to see the documents to prove to you that is ready, I will be glad to send you all the documents for your perusal.

Thanks for trusting on this matter

Regards,

Caroline Dredge

Capetonian

#51 Post by Capetonian » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:50 pm

I have been sending monosyllabic replies to a Russian 'girlie' who's fallen madly in love with me. Odd since all I've said to her is things like : "beaver shots required" and "tit size?". Each reply elicits long rambling declarations of undying 'lerv' and explanations of how she will get a visa to come to my country (she doesn't even know what that is ...)

Anyway as it plays towards the close, here's the latest from 'her'. The relevant bit is highlighted.
'Her' email address is giniatgulya@gmail.com in case anyone else wants to throw some fuel on the fire.

Hello my darling neil !!!

I am writing you from Moscow! I rented a room in the apartment. The landlady is a very good woman. I will write
you the address, which is now settled. My address in Moscow: 115054, Russia, Moscow, Valovaya st., 21/125-34. neil, today I visited embassy and airport. In the embassy I filled out all the documents for the visa. I
liked that the visa center has friendly people, I saw the consul, he walked down the hall and shook hands with all, he is a very serious man and courteous man. Helped me absolutely everything, I gave all the necessary documents, I also took photographs for visa.

Now I am looking forward to my visa. I met a girl and asked her how long it takes to get a visa, she said that now everything is done quickly, since a lot of people who wish to obtain a visa and for this, the embassy is much faster. The embassy told me that I should acquire 2 ticket. Airline tickets are needed to obtain a visa. The fact that the embassy staff must be exactly sure of the exact dates of my departure and return back to Russia and would like to note that the exact date on the visa. I thought that the tickets can be ordered via the Internet, but at the embassy said that now very strict rules and tickets are needed to fly the originals, and be sure to submit them for what would be in the embassy assured them that they could see my departure date in your country and return back to Russia. I was told that this is the main condition for obtaining a visa. I was very surprised to such rules, but I was told that it is important that fast to get a visa.

Today, I personally visited the airport Sheremetevo-2 and considered the price of airline tickets, airline tickets a very large selection. My dear, we need to hurry up with the purchase of tickets, so tickets should be given to the embassy, that would be on my visa indicated dates of stay in your country. I considered cheap,
the cost per ticket is (((($ 500)))). I need to have (((($ 1,000))) for two tickets so I could buy tickets. neil, I did not want to ask you for money, but I bought a laptop, and as I have big expenses here in Moscow. Now I have no money to buy tickets. I paid at the embassy visa and medical insurance. I also pay for the stay in the room. I have now
left little money, but the money I needed to live in Moscow. Can you help me to buy tickets? I have already told you that I should buy tickets in Russia, for that would at the Embassy assured my tickets.

Today, I also visited the bank, I had to learn how I can get from your money quickly, as I was saying that the ticket prices are getting more expensive every day. On the internet I learned that you are out of their country can transfer their help to me very quickly, this system is called "MONEYGRAM".

Also, there are systems of money transfers "Unistream" and "Contact". Now I will tell you the information you need to
you so that you can help me pass.
My full name: Gulnara Giniyatullina.
Bank name "SBERBANK"
Address: VALOVAYA ULITSA 24/44 STROENIE 1
MOSCOW, 115054.

My dear, after you pass me help, an employee of the bank to tell you a secret number. You will have to tell me this,
so I can get your help. I hope that you understand me, I spent a lot of money and I need your help. My dear, when I can get your help? I should know, because tomorrow I will go to the embassy and I have to let them know when I'll get tickets for certification. Here in Moscow, a lot of banks, the city is very large, since it is the capital of
Russia, but "MONEYGRAM", "Unistream" and "Contact" is near where I live now in Moscow and I will
be comfortable so get your help. Already my visa is in the process of registration, I soon arrive to you !!! I am glad that I was able to begin the process of obtaining a visa, the visa center was told that if I buy tickets quickly and bring them to the certification, then the visa can be done very quickly. I hope that very soon we'll be
together. Now I introduce our romantic evening by candlelight, I will prepare a delicious dinner, you will discover wine, Ohhhh how I dream about it! I am very tired today, Moscow is a big city. Please do not leave me without your letters. I'm all alone here, and I need your support every day. I always think about you !!! I'm trying to make Skype
on my laptop, but I can not, I hope that I can do it, I did not when she did not do Skype and on this I can not do it quickly, but I am confident that I can do it, if I I can not do it, when I arrive, I hope you can help me and learn how to use Skype.

At that time while I searched to myself for a room for residing at Moscow, at me was a few free time to visit Red Square. I have made for you a photo and video in Moscow Kremlin, it is very beautiful!!!. I asked passing
by people that they have helped me to make for you a photo.I am waiting for your letter, now I will lay my clothes out of the suitcase, after I take a bath and make a face mask. Kisses to you my dear neil !!! I really
hope for your support and I dream about our meeting !!!
Your, Gulnara!

My reply :

I will take care of your air ticket. Let me have your travel dates and I will buy the tickets.

Eventually he will be thrown off script .......... that's when the fun really starts!

Capetonian

#52 Post by Capetonian » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Talking of scams .......... who is the more stupid ............ the scammer who got away with this for two years, or the railway system whose security is so slack that he could get away with it for so long?

A city banker who spent two years commuting to work using a photocopy of a train season ticket has lost his job after pleading guilty to the £8,000 fraud.

Simon King, 47, travelled from his home in Hassocks, West Sussex, to London Bridge station between May 2013 and April 2015, using the crude forgery, before admitting to the fraud after being told by a member of the London station’s platform staff to insert his ticket into the electronic barriers.

...........the banker photocopied the tickets before returning them to Southern Railway, and claiming a refund. The court heard that he simply glued a new number over the top of the expiry date, allowing him to flash the ticket at station staff and gain entry through the station barriers during the busy rush hour.

King was caught after being told to put his photocopied ticket through the barriers

However, his scam collapsed in April 2015. Malachy Pakenham, prosecuting, said: “A customer service adviser asked him to put the gold card through the barrier rather than present it.

“He admitted he had produced his own card.

Capetonian

#53 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:12 am

Things are hotting up with 'Gulnara'.

I told her I would send her an air ticket. Of course, this does not suit the purpose and the reply was :
Hello my darling Neil!! I am very glad to that you wish to help me. I feel, that you care of me.
You care of ours with you to a meeting. We necessarily will together.
I have read now attentively your letter. You say, that you will order air tickets in the country.I talked today to the consul. I was very joyful. I have told to the consul, that I will not buy tickets and that that tickets will be bought by you. I have told, that within the next few days to a smog to bring
The air ticket in embassy for assurance.
The consul has objected me. I have heard, that the air ticket is necessary for getting at the airport in Moscow for cash money.
The consul has told to me, that last months have toughened rules of reception of the visa. Now process of reception of the visa
Passes under the sensitive control of employees of embassy. I visit embassy, and I learn the new. The consul has told, that
Now there are many cases of swindle.
Swindlers buy air tickets through the Internet, and cash money at the airport.
Now each tourist should
To show in embassy the check which give at the airport after air ticket purchase. Also now it is necessary for me
To give in embassy, the certificate that air tickets are paid by cash.
You understand me?
Neil, please inform me - when you can send money for acquisition of tickets? I
I look forward your answer. I dream of our meeting. Yours forever Gulnara

I replied telling her that I need her dates of travel ....... this has now got her off script and into panic mode :

Hello!!
giniatgulya@gmail.com

Hello my darling Neil! Today Monday last week which I also has begun I can spend in Moscow.
I did not think, that I will spend in Moscow so long!!!!
I thought, that at this time I already will be near to you!!! When I left the city to Moscow I did not think,
That there will be so much problems and to me will be so difficultly to solve my problems alone!!! Please understand, that it is necessary for me to buy tickets, such are conditions of the tourist visa. If you cannot send the help through moneygram or western union please send the help into the bank account of my sister. Together with this letter I will send you requisites of the bank account of my sister.
Vaulina Elmira Elmanovna
Beneficiary's Acc №: 40817840208030005465
Beneficiary's bank: AO «ALFA-BANK», 27 Kalanchevskaya str., Moscow, 107078
SWIFT: ALFARUMM

Leave the fears and fears and make a step to me on
Meeting! Know - you will find that rest, heat, tenderness and love which for a long time you search in my embraces! Only you
Now can give us chance to become happy. Give we will try, native! We really will be happy together
As we half of single whole, I know it! As madly it would be desirable you to see, look in your eyes - can,
It again will give to me of force. As madly it would be desirable to touch you! I kiss you! Really you do not feel, how I
I grieve in the distance as I rejoice to your letters as I all is overflowed by you. I hope, that having read my letter you
You will make a correct choice and about which you will not regret for the rest of the life. I already tired to remind you in
The each letter on the problems. I with impatience will wait for your letter.
Yours forever Gulnara

I have written to the bank to advise them that the account is being used for receipt of funds obtained by fraud (as if they could care!) but I have just told the lady that :
OK
A couple of things. I said I can send you a ticket which you can exchange for cash or another ticket.
Also I checked., with my bank and we cannot send funds to AlfaBank due sanctions against Russia imposed and risk of fraud.
I think the only solution is to send ticket.
N

Waiting to see how she handles this.

Capetonian

#54 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:10:36 +0300
To: xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: Hello!!

Neil when you have written to me about sanctions I have called sister and have asked to contact it its bank. Sister has called me and has told to me, that sanctions against Alfa-Bank did not enter. Also sister to me has told, that sanctions do not forbid to do transfers to Russia. The organisation which have got under sanctions it is forbidden to take credits from foreign banks. Also I wish to tell to you, that I cannot tell to you about start date to you yet as I still yet have not received the visa. In the letters you write to me about swindle. You do not trust me???
Yours Gulnara

Capetonian

#55 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi Gulnara
I have accounts in banks in several countries and they all tell we cannot send money to Russian banks.
Sanctions apply to Russia. My bank will not allow us to send money to ANY Russian bank.
Do I trust you? Yes, of course I trust you
The bank does not trust Russia.
I have another solution. Please give me the name of the consular official and the address/phone that you are dealing with and I will speak to them direct.

My company has an agent in Moscow who can resolve this problem very fast.

N

Sisemen

#56 Post by Sisemen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Perhaps an indication that you know someone with influence in the Russian security services who is more than willing to speak with the visa department!!!

Capetonian

#57 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Let's see where this goes. I think the scammer will be keen to follow up as 'she' will think she's onto someone with bank accounts in several countries (i.e. lotsa money) and a multinational company, and more money than sense.
Of course I trust her! (Like f*** I do!)
At this stage, she's talking about 'going to the embassy' (don't they realise that embassies don't deal with visas?) but she doesn't know what country I am supposed to be in, so now I've put her on the spot. It will be interesting to see the reply.

Capetonian

#58 Post by Capetonian » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:20 pm

I have had a response from the bank, but sadly no further news from the scammer, who may have moved on to an easier target. I have sent her a desperate pleading note telling her how badly I need her!

Dear Nxxxxxxx

thank You for contacting the Bank and Your vigilance. The information was passed to the appropriate Bank division.
For security purposes we do not advise You to perform financial transactions for the benefit of the recipients unknown to You. (Oh really ......... as if!)

Sincerely,
Alfa-Bank

От: xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
Кому: "mail@alfabank.ru" <mail@alfabank.ru>, "aglukhova@alfabank.ru"
<aglukhova@alfabank.ru>,
Дата: 28.12.2015 13:10
Тема: FW: Hello!!

I wish to advise you that the account mentioned in this email is being used
for receipt of funds obtained by means of fraud, specifically, a Russian
dating scam.

Vaulina Elmira Elmanovna
Beneficiary's Acc №: 40817840208030005465
Beneficiary's bank: AO «ALFA-BANK», 27 Kalanchevskaya str., Moscow, 107078
SWIFT: ALFARUMM

Thank you
N .......

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by ian16th » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I do believe I have a new one!

Attn: Parcel Owner

This is Dip Matt Regan from London; I am now in OR Tambo airport
Johannesburg South Africa and this is to inform you that I have been advised
to deliver your parcel to you as the content was declared as family valuable.

And you are urgently advised to send me your contact numbers for delivery of your parcel to you.

Get back to me immediately you receive my email through the below email or phone number.

Dip Matt Regan
Phone: +27 735 504 165
Email: info@diplomatdeliveryagent-za.com

Has just hit my inbox.

Its too hot to be bothered to play with him.
Cynicism improves with age

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by Chuks » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I got an e-mail in the name of a fellow pilot from our company who had a real problem. He was somewhere in Wales and his wallet had been stolen, and now he needed me to pay for an air ticket back to his home, but that was in one of the Home Counties!

Years ago a German friend got a fax (remember them?) from Nigeria, addressed to him as last name, first name, that was all about how he had been recommended as an honest person who could take delivery of $3 million from a blocked account, etc, etc. Someone told me that whenever a Nigerian visited a local establishment then the telephone book went with him on departure as a source of names and addresses, which must have been how they got my friend's name. He only has German, so that this fax in English was a source of some puzzlement to him.