General Chit Chat
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: SCAMMERS !

#921 Post by 4mastacker » Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 am
Read in papers significant reduction in cold calls in March/April but expected to increase as lock down eased.

If ever a job could be done from home 😂
Maybe the "virus" scammers have caught the real one (with a bit of luck).
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#922 Post by Magnus » Mon May 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Cape, can you tell me more about the hot nurses? :)

Capetonian

#923 Post by Capetonian » Mon May 18, 2020 2:43 pm

No problem, I'll reply to them and ask them to email you direct. Then you can have a spambox full of crap!

Capetonian

#924 Post by Capetonian » Mon May 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.58 KiB) Viewed 554 times
No hot nurses in this crop.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#925 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Cape, here is a new one to add to your list:

Michael Donald [mr.johnmcdonald1@gmail.com]

He wants help in claiming inheritance tax/investment in your country and will be happy to give details about myself. A second I is lower case i . The whole message is actually an image file.

I would guess the message is a boiler plate where he should have deleted either inheritance or investment and change your to the actual country.

This one could run. A hidden subject line is cii.co.uk which is Chartered Insurance Institute.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#926 Post by 4mastacker » Wed May 20, 2020 9:30 pm

I think I received one of this arsehole's e-mails.

It was blatantly a scam so I forwarded it to Action Fraud. The system seems to work!! :-bd

Conman likely to be sent down.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#927 Post by Magnus » Thu May 21, 2020 9:48 am

Lots of clickbait scams appearing on the book of faeces. Disguised to look like legit ads usually. Today, it was supposedly from Hygo and the bait was a badly photoshopped image showing Emma Watson (Harry Potter films) with unfeasibly large breasts.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#928 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu May 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Magnus:
Image please if possible.
I will judge (un)feasibility! :ymdevil: =))

PP

Capetonian

#929 Post by Capetonian » Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Someone I once worked with set up a lucrative scam selling fraudulently acquired air tickets. In due course, he was defrauded by one of his clients and was so incensed that he reported the matter to the police. In due course he was invited to go to see the Commercial Fraud Squad to discuss the matter, so he sauntered along thinking they'd caught the person who'd defrauded him. He was asked to sit down and was then handcuffed and taken to a cell and appeared in court the next day on multiple charges brought by the airlines.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#930 Post by Magnus » Wed May 27, 2020 10:31 am

Sorry, PHX, screen capture long gone, and the scammers are featuring different Slasherbait.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#931 Post by OFSO » Thu May 28, 2020 6:15 am

I have not been able to copy the link this morning, but for a good laugh, pop over to the BBC News website and read how Glastonbury town council are being fooled into buying simple USB drives with a sticker costing one penny on the side, for over £300 each, to shield themselves from 5G.

Capetonian

#932 Post by Capetonian » Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 am

www.bbc.com/news/technology-52810220
www.bbc.com/news/technology-52674949

To post links from the BBC you need to remove the 'https://' part (works for me anyway!)

The power of lunacy in the public domain :
Committee member Roy Procter, a spiritual healer who claims dowsing can heal "sick houses", also gave a presentation. In the report, he speculates about a link between the coronavirus and 5G, and recommends that the council eliminate all wi-fi connections.
Mr Steele claims the coronavirus is a hoax, and has posted videos of himself harassing telecoms engineers.
They included retired American professor Martin Pall, who in 2019 claimed that wireless networks would make all human beings sterile if they were not switched off within two years.
Now, three members of the group that produced the report have told the BBC they resigned because it was taken over by anti-5G activists and "spiritual healers".
Yet across the country there is already a cottage industry offering protection against the supposed negative health effects, even though they have been dismissed by regulators and mainstream scientists.

One of nine external members, Toby Hall, said: "We use this device and find it helpful," and provided a link to its website, which describes it as a USB key that "provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device".

"Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera," it adds.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#933 Post by OFSO » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 am

Pulling apart a £339 anti-5G USB stick - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#934 Post by Hydromet » Thu May 28, 2020 7:13 am

WTF are they putting in the water these days? Seems to be everywhere.

Hmmm. Maybe it really is in the chemtrails.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#935 Post by Woody » Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 am

What’s wrong with a nice simple tinfoil hat =)) =)) =))
When all else fails, read the instructions.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#936 Post by G-CPTN » Thu May 28, 2020 7:55 am

At a time when I was out of work, I was tempted by a scheme which offered franchises in a system that would 'revolutionise home heating'.
What it involved was simply installing thermostatic radiator valves and room thermostats - all common-sense ideas, but the combined cost was way way beyond the sum of the individual items and the literature used baffling scientific terms.
I resisted as I could see that it was intended to extract £££s from gullible people.

Capetonian

#937 Post by Capetonian » Thu May 28, 2020 8:19 am

At a time when I was out of work, I was (not) tempted by a scheme which offered franchises in a system that would 'revolutionise telecommunications', nevertheless I went to the presentation as the young(ish) lady who had mentioned it to me had a certain charm.

It was simply pyramid selling, the 'product' was a simple IP phone and was quite irrelevant to the 'scheme' which was the recruitment of more mugs to sell the scheme on to other suckers. I walked out halfway through after 10 minutes and was set to walk 5 miles home in the rain as the bitch had given me a lift to the God-forsaken corner of hell where the presentation took place. By good fortune a guy in a van stopped to ask me the the way somewhere and offered me a ride home via the pub!

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#938 Post by ian16th » Thu May 28, 2020 10:13 am

Toby Hall, said: "We use this device and find it helpful," and provided a link to its website, which describes it as a USB key that "provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device".

"Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera," it adds.
All of those months of study at No. 2 Radio School, RAF Yatesbury were wasted, I tell you, wasted! ~X(
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#939 Post by OFSO » Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 pm

Trading Standards are now going after the BioShield distributors. No doubt Glastonbury Council will see this as proof of the effectiveness of the devices they have bought as "they" are out to get them. 'Gegen Dummheit ist keine Kraut gewachsen', as Germans say: 'there's no herb grown which can combat stupidity.'

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#940 Post by llondel » Fri May 29, 2020 1:21 am

OFSO wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 pm
'Gegen Dummheit ist keine Kraut gewachsen', as Germans say: 'there's no herb grown which can combat stupidity.'
It's not a herb, but belladonna is pretty good at it at suitable dosage levels.