SCAMMERS !

General Chit Chat
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: SCAMMERS !

#1201 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:59 am

I have just won an email ID draw from Coca Cola. I don't recall entering the draw but it's clearly genuine as it doesn't ask for DOB or Bank details, only problem is I don't have the ticket number. Clearly sent to the wrong person. Oh well, one can dream.

Attention Winner,

This is to notify you on your winning in the 2021 coca cola promotion raffle draw. You have won one million British Pounds (£1,000,000.00) Kindly reconfirm your details as stated below to enable us give you the details of the promotion and how to claim your winning amount

(1) NAME ...................................

(2) AGE:......................................

(3) SEX:.......................................

(4) ADDRESS:.......................................

(5) EMAIL:...............................................

(6) PHONE:..............................................

(7) OCCUPATION:..................................

(8) COMPANY………………………………

(9) STATE/CITY:......................................

(10)COUNTRY:........................................

(11) NATIONALITY:.................................

(12)TICKET / BALLOT NUMBER:………………………………………

(13)AMOUNT WON:………………………………………………………

We shall proceed with the immediate release of your winning amount upon your reply to this email. You are required to contact our fiduciary agent (NAME): MR.GREG SMITH Email: gregsmithukmanager2@outlook.com

Congratulations Once again!!.

Yours Sincerely
Mrs. Linda Dominic.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1202 Post by OFSO » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Some bimbo keeps sending me a What's App asking if I'm Jack. No, I'm not Jack, and you, you slag, are blocked.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1203 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:41 am

Keep getting sms telling me that my parcel is ready to be delivered, or that 'they' have just found one with my name on it!!

If I could locate the (expletive deleted) that keeps sending these nuisances, I'd have something for him that would definitely have his name on it!! X( And it would be delivered to him at a very high speed!! :ymdevil:
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1204 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:20 am

I am jealous, Coca Cola only awarded my £1,000,000. My daughter was offer 38,000 bit coins - £53,000,000,000

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1205 Post by Hydromet » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Pinky the pilot wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:41 am
Keep getting sms telling me that my parcel is ready to be delivered, or that 'they' have just found one with my name on it!!

If I could locate the (expletive deleted) that keeps sending these nuisances, I'd have something for him that would definitely have his name on it!! X( And it would be delivered to him at a very high speed!! :ymdevil:
No wonder Australia Post has a 3 day moratorium on collections from on-line retailers. I've been getting several of these every day. There must be parcels banked up everywhere.

I'm waiting for the day when they scam someone with the wherewithal to say "Enough is enough." and trace down the bastard and leave him hanging from a lamp post pour encourager les autres.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1206 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:30 am

Hydromet wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:50 pm
I'm waiting for the day when they scam someone with the wherewithal to say "Enough is enough." and trace down the bastard and leave him hanging from a lamp post pour encourager les autres.
That Jim Browning fella has tracked scammers down to the location of their offices and even managed to tap into their CCTV cameras. Surprise, surprise, most of them are located in India.

Pity he can't visit a bucket of sunshine down on their heads.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1207 Post by Woody » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:27 am

I think that the one’s in the UK, got sent down a couple of months ago, trying their luck down under now X(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lians.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1208 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 am

Woody, I remember that one, but the very week it was in the news it started again, so clearly a DIY Postal Scam kit.

The text from a phone number nearly like mine viz: 077 66 555 *** where only the last 3 numbers were different seems to have stopped now. It was very common early last year.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1209 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:56 am

Received a call on my Mobile which was interesting. A number appeared on the screen which I did not recognise and upon answering, there was silence for a few seconds. Then a recorded message started in which some Female announced that the call was from 'the law enforcement section of the Customs Department...' 8-|

At which point I hung up. Then, after a few minutes purely out of curiosity I called the number back, fully expecting to find that the number was not in service. However this was not the case and a Woman answered. Not the one in the recorded message.

After explaining what had happened, she said "Oh, another scammer!" and thanked me for informing her that her number had been hijacked. She will no doubt go to her Carrier and see that she is not billed for that call.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1210 Post by 1DC » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Mrs 1DC got a message this morning from the "NHS" saying her vaccination passport was ready for delivery and providing a number to call. Checking the number showed it was a known scammer number.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1211 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Just got an email from:

Ms. Ramatu Abiba Sidibe. [johnwillian744@gmail.com]

She just needs my help.

She was a little more forthcoming in October last year. She was an 18 year old Ivorian orphan and wants to discuss her education,

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#1212 Post by Rossian » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:47 pm

A slightly odd one this AM. "I'm gabble gabble from gabble" Me "What do you want ?" Do you still live at Housename and postcode?" "Mebbe what do you want?" "To discuss loft insulation and confirm you are under 79 years old" I'm "80" Hang up.

The Ancient Mariner

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1213 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Rossian wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:47 pm
"To discuss loft insulation and confirm you are under 79 years old" I'm "80" Hang up.
Obviously not worth the investment . . .

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1214 Post by Opsboi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Got a call on the landline purporting to be EDF and asking could I give them some meter readings over the phone?

No, I couldn't

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1215 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Opsboi, are you sure you couldn't?
If they asked me I would have said yes as I certainly could. After a pause they asked what the readings were, I said I don't know.
They responded with but you said you could.
Yes, quite correct, I could I didn't say I would.

You can string that out for ages. I asked could they speak English. After a couple of more bouts I said they clearly could not speak English as they didn't understand what I said.

Bang!

Opsboi
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1216 Post by Opsboi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:48 pm
Opsboi, are you sure you couldn't?
If they asked me I would have said yes as I certainly could. After a pause they asked what the readings were, I said I don't know.
They responded with but you said you could.
Yes, quite correct, I could I didn't say I would.

You can string that out for ages. I asked could they speak English. After a couple of more bouts I said they clearly could not speak English as they didn't understand what I said.

Bang!
Indeed - but I'm reluctant to give potential scammers any longer access to my phone than it takes to hang up...

fin
Capt
Capt

#1217 Post by fin » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:24 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:30 am
Hydromet wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:50 pm
That Jim Browning fella has tracked scammers down to the location of their offices and even managed to tap into their CCTV cameras. Surprise, surprise, most of them are located in India.

Pity he can't visit a bucket of sunshine down on their heads.
My favorite Jim Browning stunt was putting the wedding picture of the scammer on his laptop screen. Bit of a surprise when the scammer 'took charge of" the computer and found himself looking at ...himself.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1218 Post by OFSO » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 pm

We had a Viewing of the house by a very self-possesed young Englishmsn man last week. Mrs OFSO, who - perhaps because of her one-time working for a certain government agency known by two letters and one digit - can spot a wrong 'un at a hundred paces did some delving based on what he told us. He is the front man in Spain for these rapscallions who are still trading down here.

https://www.creditman.co.uk/news/fake-a ... stigation/

In Spain, a 10% deposit, non-refundable, is usual if you want to buy a property. I think in his case it would be more like 100%.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1219 Post by Woody » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:09 am

Might mean a reduction in emails from Nigerian Princes in my junk folder :D

https://www.capetownetc.com/news/allege ... QwyM3hSp8g
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1220 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:11 am

Just received a notification "from the NHS" telling me I can apply for my Covid Pass. Might have taken it seriously were it not for a warning that failing to do so would/could result in a fine!