Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: SCAMMERS !

#521 Post by ian16th » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:12 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Woody wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 pm
It is also claimed he had so much cash in $100 bills that it weighed five tonnes.
Serious wedge!
Apparantly a $100 bill weighs 1 gram
Cynicism improves with age

Slasher

#522 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 am

Five tones? I'd be happy with just one!

belfrybat
Snr FO
Snr FO

#523 Post by belfrybat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:01 pm

So that's 5 megagrams, equals 5 megabills, making a total of 500 megabucks. Any 1/2 percent of that and I promise to retire and keep quiet.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#524 Post by Alisoncc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:48 am

Wouldn't know wnat to do with all that money, so anyone here can feel free to take up this offer. :D

Dear owner

I am Mr. James Dee, Head Officer-in-Charge, Administrative Service Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 110kg each.

The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.

By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more.They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 110kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK (place of origin) as we were instructed.
(REPLY TO THIS EMAIL : (drjamesdee@gmail.com)

As I did say again, the shipAper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages provided you will also give me something out of it (financial gratification). You can either come in person or you engage the services of a secure shipping/delivery Company/agent that will provide the necessary security that is required to deliver the package to your doorstep or the destination of your choice. I need all the guarantee that I can get from you before I can get involved in this project.
Please Reply this email strictly at (drjamesdee@gmail.com)

Best Regards,
Mr. James Dee
Head Officer-in-Charge
Administrative Service Inspection Unit
E-mail: drjamesdee@gmail.com
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Capetonian

#525 Post by Capetonian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:25 pm

Scam alert: FlySafair warns of fraudulent training email

Cape Town - FlySafair issued an alert surrounding scam emails offering training for a fee.

Mass emails have been sent out, claiming to be from the airline, offering cabin crew training to aspiring flight attendants, asking for a fee to secure accommodation for the supposed 5-month programme.

The subject line of the email is 'URGENT INVITATION FROM FlySafair Airlines - 2018 Cabin Crew Trainingship,' and claims to have received an application from the potential victim in July 2016. The email also encourages applicants to resign from their current jobs and entice them further with promises of a salary with medical benefits if they become permanent.

The requested fee for accommodation had a deadline of 10 January, and payments could only be made through PEP stores and ABSA cash send, with no banking details provided.

Other red flags in the email include the physical address of South African Airways (SAA) and a fax number instead of a normal telephone number, claiming that HR is still on holiday until 15 January and won't be able to answer the phones.

FlySafair has confirmed this email has not come from their company and urge anyone who receives such suspicious emails to please contact their HR department at 011 928 000.

Whenever a potential job email ask for payment at any point in the process, it's usually the biggest sign that it's a scam. You should also verify the job by tracking down the job listing on the company's official website and double check that the email has the same domain name as the website.

This type of scam has hit SAA before in 2016, asking applicants for personal details and to pay an application fee.

If you have made payment already, please contact your local police station.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#526 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Today Mrs C16 met up with a friend for coffee who went home afterwards to find her 80 year old husband - let’s call him Fred - just completing a phone call and with his debit card in his hand. He’s a switched on ex oil industry manager but he had given his bank account details to a guy who had phoned and said that as Fred’s electricity supply company had just gone bust their customers were being transferred under the Ofgem safeguarding scheme to this guy’s company and they needed to set up a different direct debit. Fred gave him the sort code and bank account number that were on the debit card.

It is true that several of these companies have gone bust in the UK in the last few weeks including one this week. It happened to me last year and the Ofgem safeguarding meant another company then supplied us. However it was emphasised that we should do nothing regarding our direct debit until we received a letter or email in due course.

We told Mrs C16’s friend to freeze the account with the bank. I fear Fred was on the way to being scammed. Beware!
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#527 Post by ian16th » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:24 am

It will be interesting to see who responds the fastest, the scammers or the bank!
Cynicism improves with age

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#528 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:53 am

Had an interesting email yesterday.

Situation:

Amazon released a many e-mail names.
I wrote a one-star review 5 months ago. My product cost was refunded.

Yesterday I received an email addressed properly and quoting a Chinese telephone number. My review would clearly damage their small company (sob), if I would remove my review they would credit my PayPal account with €40 or my Amazon account.

Fake or Fraud?

The product has 8% one star reviews, typically it stopped working, never worked, Bluetooth wouldnt connect etc. They would need to spend lots to get the bad reviews removed. Why wait 5 months, there are a lots of more recent bad reviews.

I have posted their email in the review. See what happens.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#529 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 am

Lock your doors ?

Capetonian

#530 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 am

Good day,

A desperate search for a reliable and capable partner is what led me to sending you this email.

By introduction, my name is Mr. David Gumede. I am the Personal Assistance of Mr Duduzane Zuma the son of South African Ex-President Jacob Zuma. I have a proposal of high benefit I would like to bring to your attention, but because of the confidentiality of this I will only give you the full details via a telephone conversation or via another email which I will send to you after receiving your response.

In summary; towards the end of December 2015, Mr Duduzane and his father Jacob Zuma secured a nuclear deal with the Russians. The deal later didn’t go through as some of the South African Presidential cabinet didn’t approve of it, but before this a huge sum has already been transferred into the country through Mr Duduzane’s company (Westdawn Investments).

With Jacob Zuma exiting the presidential seat and Mr. Duduzane being on the run because of his involvement with the Guptas, I have been giving the task to seek for a foreign partner or company to assist us in moving this fund out of the Republic so we do not end of up losing everything.

More details of this I will provide through a medium suitable to you, either via a phone call or a private email.

Hope to get your response.

Regards

Mr. David Gumede
Hello boy

dadgumede@yahoo.com;

I am reluctant to engage as I don't trust kaffirs, but you might be decent. Let's give it a shot, what what.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#531 Post by Hydromet » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Was working with an electrician yesterday when this happened to him - almost. He'd ordered a refrigerator the previous day, and it had to come from Melbourne. While we were working he received a call, supposedly from the company he'd ordered it from but obviously from an offshore call centre, claiming that they were sorry, but the refrigerator was unavailable, and they needed his bank details to make a refund. He queried this and they became very defensive, until he told them he'd have to call back as he didn't have his details with him and asked for a number, when they hung up.
He rang the shop, who didn't seem to give a rat's, then tried to ring the office. Last seen, he was on hold.

Personally, I'd be bypassing the shop and going straight to the police and reporting it as an attempted fraud, as it's likely that either a. a company employee is passing details of potential marks to a scamming organisation (this happened with a restaurant in Sydney), or b. the company's system has been hacked.

Sisemen

#532 Post by Sisemen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am

SCAM WARNING!

I recently had a messenger request from an old RAF mate. After the initial pleasantries the messages then mentioned a grant scheme which appear to be geared towards ex Services and retired (amongst a plethora of other categories). I was then urged to make email contact with the bloke who could allegedly help with the application.

At this stage I grew suspicious, particularly when the urgings from my “mate” became more insistent. I then said I thought it was a scam and wouldn’t proceed further. There then followed some posts calling me all the ungrateful bastards under the sun. I then knew my mate had definitely been hacked and this was confirmed when I messaged his UK phone.

What worries me is that I am extremely alert to scams and yet this one, purporting to be a mate, with photograph and everything, slipped under my radar.

Now, practical help....how do I get rid of this “friend” off Messenger?

Lifetime jail in downtown Lagos is too good for these scum 😤

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#533 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:11 am

I have nor a scammer I think but a fraud. I posted an adverse review on Amazon 5 months ago. Not long after Amazon compromised my name and email address I got an email promising a €40 refund if I withdrew my review.

They gave a Chinese phone number. They followed up with a series of text messages. Clearly Amazon had compromised my phone number too.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#534 Post by OFSO » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:54 pm

There's an ALDI Christmas Voucher scam going round. So convincing and forwarded by a friend (genuine bit that was) I nearly fell for it. But only nearly.

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#535 Post by jimtherev » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Sisemen wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 am
SCAM WARNING!

I.........

What worries me is that I am extremely alert to scams and yet this one, purporting to be a mate, with photograph and everything, slipped under my radar.

Now, practical help....how do I get rid of this “friend” off Messenger?

Give your real friend all the details you have of your imitation " friend" and invite him/her to have at it.

Capetonian

#536 Post by Capetonian » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:23 pm

I am terribly disappointed.

HMRC called me this morning with a recorded message to tell me the police had a warrant for my arrest for tax fraud. To avoid being arrested, I needed to.press 1 to be connected to.an agent at HMRC.

I pressed 1 in the hope of being connected to someone whom I could mess around and then insult. Unfortunately all that happened was that a voice said 'goodbye' and it clicked off.

The number was 03453003903

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#537 Post by llondel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm

That probably means your number just got added to a bunch of other lists so expect a few more dodgy calls. I let the answering machine handle them, way easier.

Capetonian

#538 Post by Capetonian » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 am

I get a couple of these a day in my scambaiting account. This one is pretty tame!

Obviously it aims to get you to click on the link, not sure what happens next.

Dream on, Linda!

Always for you I'll be your angel
L
Linda <niko@fsmat.at>
Mon 17/12/2018 02:50
Junk Email
I want love ... Yours !!! Only yours, the most pure and real !!!
Strongly attached to your thoughts, and I do not know how to live on.
My fantasies want to go outside. I go into the bedroom. You will lie on the bed.
Your arms and legs are tightly attached to the backs.
Your look is very beautiful. I begin to caress my body, gradually freeing.
My elastic chest is already exposed. Now I come closer to you and touch the chest of his body.
You shuddered and breathed heavily. And your sweet penis is already stirred, it is cramped, it is torn to freedom.
How sweet it is to tease. Remains of clothes flew off.
Now my hands will caress not only the skin.
Take as an assistant banana. I lie on the carpet so that you can clearly see me and my movements.
The legs are wide apart and the banana strokes my lips, periodically diving inside.
I come to you and start to caress your penis.
I can not find your phone number. Please find my number in my profile.
Only here I was able to find your email. Take time to call me.
We will talk about us. You will know everything about me. I want to make you happy.
Look ID083457T9-04
Find me and call me. I am waiting for a call. I will wait. Highly. I kiss your sweet testicles.
Linda

Sisemen

#539 Post by Sisemen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 am

Show us the elastic chest! Booooiiiing X_X

Slasher

#540 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:53 am

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 am
Always for you I'll be your angel
L
Linda <niko@fsmat.at>
Mon 17/12/2018 02:50
....And your sweet penis is already stirred....
...How sweet it is to tease....
....I kiss your sweet testicles.
Linda

I believe Linda is under the (false?) impression you dip your junk in a bowl of sugar every morning. She must realise it can't be at all comfortable. It attracts the ants for one.