No End to My Folly

General Chit Chat
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

No End to My Folly

#1 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Last year Mrs OFSO, the well-known sculptress, decided to dump two sculptures she didn't like - Diana the Huntress (arms in odd position) and, well, can't remember the name, a huge man born up on his flowing garments. Left them at the foundry who predictably did nothing. Six months later they were still lying about so we brought Diana back to auction at the Lions Club for money for children's Christmas Presents, and in a moment of utter folly I said that the huge man could be mounted on the front wall of the house. By me. I spent the last two days modifying brackets, bolting them to the wall, and painting them white - the colour of the house. They are bolted on with steel plugs (which I hate using, never get them right) into the brickwork. If (if) the sculpture remains upright it will not come down (!) - actually it balances well on its' feet. I do think though I will have to provide some small securing hook at the top to keep it vertical. Bugger. Wish I had never suggested it now. We have to get it up there: brackets are 7' off the ground, and that's for the feet... Probably use a rope over a steel ladder.....