www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Friday Jokes

#2763 Post by ricardian » Wed May 29, 2019 10:42 am

Young Bill was courting Mabel, who lived on an adjoining farm out west in cattle country. One evening, as they were sitting on Bill's porch watching the sun go down over the hills, Bill spied his prize bull servicing one of his cows. He sighed in contentment at this idyllic rural scene and figured the omens were right for him to put the hard word on Mabel. He leaned in close and whispered in her ear, "Mabel, I'd sure like to be doing what that bull is doing."
"Well then, why don't you? "Mabel whispered back. "It is YOUR cow."
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2764 Post by CharlieOneSix » Thu May 30, 2019 7:53 am

Jethro Tull - Headaches and Castration.....

The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2765 Post by ricardian » Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 am

www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2766 Post by ricardian » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 pm

One day a man went to an auction and he bid on a parrot. He really wanted this bird, so he got caught up in the bidding. He kept on bidding, but kept getting outbid, so he bid higher and higher and higher. Finally, after he bid way more than he intended, he won the bid - the parrot was his at last!
As he was paying for the parrot, he said to the auctioneer, "I sure hope this parrot can talk. I would hate to have paid this much for it, only to find out that he can't talk!"
"Don't worry," said the auctioneer, "he can talk. Who do you think kept bidding against you?"
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com

JimR
ATPL
ATPL

#2767 Post by JimR » Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Ricardian, I have to say that, if there was a prize for best jokes on this site, you would certainly be the winner!

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2768 Post by Alisoncc » Fri May 31, 2019 6:25 pm

So this guy takes the parrot home, and after it had settled down he found that all it did all day was swear and curse - continuously. And when he let it out of it's cage it wouldn't go back, taking him hours to catch and return it. He was not a happy chappy.

One day after a pretty frantic chase, accompanied with streams of foul language, he managed to corner it in the kitchen, close to the open freezer door. Slamming the door on it, he decided to leave it there to cool off. Lots of noise initially and then the parrot quietened down. When he opened the door to the freezer a very subdued parrot flew out heading straight for it's cage. Once perched therein, it turned to the owner and without a single invective asked quietly "what did the turkey do?".
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2769 Post by llondel » Fri May 31, 2019 6:30 pm

I was going to make a parrot joke but then I realised I'd just be repeating something that someone else had already said.

Slasher

#2770 Post by Slasher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:01 am

IMG_2959.JPG

DEAL!!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2771 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 am

George's wife had always wanted a talking parrot, but the pet shop never seemed to have any in. "The supply's dried up", said the shopkeeper, "It's all the regulations. We do sometimes get returns when the owners move abroad, so I'll let you know".
The next time she was in the shop, she saw one. "Why didn't you call me?", she asked.
"Well. We got it from an unusual source. I didn't think it would be suitable, as it has some risque language."
"No matter" she said, "I'll take it. Where was it from, by the way?"
"A brothel" said the shopkeeper. He placed a cover over the cage so she could get it home without embarrassing incidents, and handed it over.
As soon as she got it home, she placed it on a stand in the lounge and pulled off the cover
"Oooh" said the parrott, "New madam! New madam!"
She thought she could live with that. She would teach it more respectable language later. Just then, her two daughters arrived home from school, and rushed over to see the new pet
"Oooh" said the parrott, "New girls! New girls!"
..then her husband walked in
"Oooh" said the parrott, "Same old George!"

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2772 Post by Magnus » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 pm

We saw two rhinos making a new one in the Eastern Cape when we were there. Quite a laborious process, I thought.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2773 Post by ricardian » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:07 pm

An Irishman named Murphy went to his doctor after a long illness. The doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked Murphy in the eye and said, “I’ve some bad news for you. You have cancer and it can’t be cured. I’d give you two weeks to a month.”
Murphy, shocked and saddened by the news, but of solid character, managed to compose himself and walk from the doctor’s office into the waiting room. There he saw his son who had been waiting.
Murphy said, “Son, we Irish celebrate when things are good and celebrate when things don’t go so well. In this case, things aren’t so well. I have cancer and I’ve been given a short time to live.Let’s head for the pub and have a few pints.”
After three or four pints the two were feeling a little less sombre. There were some laughs and more beers.
They were eventually approached by some of Murphy’s old friends who asked what the two were celebrating. Murphy told them that the Irish celebrate the good and the bad. He went on to tell them that they were drinking to his impending end.
He told his friends, “I’ve only got a few weeks to live as I have been diagnosed with AIDS.”
The friends gave Murphy their condolences and they had a couple more beers.
After his friends left, Murphy’s son leaned over and whispered, “Dad, I thought you said that you were dying from cancer? You just told your friends that you were dying from AIDS!”
Murphy said, ”I am dying from cancer, son. I just don’t want any of them sleeping with your mother after I’m gone.”
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com

Capetonian

#2774 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 am

Two beggars are sitting side by side on a street in Rome, Italy.

One has a Cross in front of him; the other one is holding the Star of David.

Many people go by, look at both beggars, but only put money into the hat of the beggar sitting behind the Cross.

The Pope comes by. He stops to watch the throngs of people giving money to the beggar who holds the Cross while none give to the beggar holding the Star of David. Finally, the Pope approaches the beggar with the Star of David and says:

"My poor fellow, don't you understand? This is a Catholic country; this city is the seat of Catholicism. People aren't going to give you money if you sit there with a Star of David in front of you, especially when you're sitting beside a beggar who is holding a Cross. In fact, they would probably give more money to him just out of spite!"

The beggar with the Star of David listened to the Pope, smiled, and turned to the beggar with the Cross and said:

" Moishe, would you look who's trying to teach the Goldstein brothers about marketing!"

Sisemen

#2775 Post by Sisemen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 am

FE4CC609-BFCD-4EAF-B81D-8FE951B821C2.jpeg
FE4CC609-BFCD-4EAF-B81D-8FE951B821C2.jpeg (117.28 KiB) Viewed 521 times

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2776 Post by llondel » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Magnus wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:26 pm
We saw two rhinos making a new one in the Eastern Cape when we were there. Quite a laborious process, I thought.
I guess they were horny.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2777 Post by OFSO » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Rome, Italy, as opposed to Rom, Germany.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2778 Post by ricardian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:07 am

www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com

Sisemen

#2779 Post by Sisemen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:44 am

Well I would....in a trice! :ymdevil:

Sisemen

#2780 Post by Sisemen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Rolf Harris was in Tesco last week when a little old lady asked... "Are you that bloke from the 1970's who did 'Two Little Boys'?.

'No Ma'am ' he replied, ' that was Gary Glitter'