Darwin Awards

General Chit Chat
Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Darwin Awards

#241 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Definitely Darwin Award material. They should have plugged the microwave in and switched it on!

A YouTube prankster had to be freed by firefighters in an hour-long rescue after he cemented his head inside a microwave.

The 22-year-old put his head in a plastic bag inside the microwave before friends poured seven bags of Polyfilla inside.

Idiot.jpg
Idiot.jpg (26.22 KiB) Viewed 724 times

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/y ... spartandhp

What a sad sack of Polyfilla he is!

Caco

Bob
Capt
Capt

#242 Post by Bob » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

The saddest part is that I'll bet they did this with the express intent of it ending with rescue by professionals, I'll also bet they have footage of the whole event from start to finish and it will end up on youtube and gain many views.

It's quite well thought out.....those who actualy equate such crap with humour will click as will those who are disgusted by such, who will do so from bewilderment that there actually people that dumb

They all need a good kicking for wasting the emergency services time and a few hundred hours community service scrubbing Prisons toilets (a fine is no good as their feckless parents will pay and they'll think they have got away with it.)
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#243 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Bob wrote:The saddest part is that I'll bet they did this with the express intent of it ending with rescue by professionals, I'll also bet they have footage of the whole event from start to finish and it will end up on youtube and gain many views.

It's quite well thought out.....those who actualy equate such crap with humour will click as will those who are disgusted by such, who will do so from bewilderment that there actually people that dumb

They all need a good kicking for wasting the emergency services time and a few hundred hours community service scrubbing Prisons toilets (a fine is no good as their feckless parents will pay and they'll think they have got away with it.)

Not so much a knobhead as a microwave head!

Bob was right about the popularity of this fool's video but the good news is that he won't make any money out of it!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... tube-stunt

A YouTube prankster who required more than an hour of help from firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave has said he “doesn’t care” about the criticism, but has offered to pay emergency services for their time.

On Friday, West Midlands fire service said they would not charge the 22-year-old the £650 service fee for the callout as his life was in danger, but the prankster has since offered to make a voluntary contribution.
Hundreds of people have taken to social media to criticise the vlogger Jay Swingler for wasting the time and resources of the emergency services, calling the man “stupid” and “immature”.

Speaking to BBC News about the incident, the prankster said: “The idea behind this video was to create this reaction. And, mission success, man. There is no such thing as bad publicity in my opinion.”

The video of the man cementing his head inside the microwave has been viewed more than 1m times and has attracted more than 14,000 comments on the platform.

Despite having gone viral, the recording has been demonetised by YouTube, meaning Swingler will not earn any direct revenue from it.

Station commander Simon Woodward of the fire service, said: “We pride ourselves on our five minutes’ attendance standard. That means that if we have an instant where there’s life at risk, our appliances will be there within five minutes, and that gives us our best chance to save that life.

“If we are attending incidents that are YouTube videos where we have people who have been irresponsible, those crews are unable to attend those life risk incidents. The service charge for that would be £650. We are not going to charge because his life was in danger. What I’d like to do is remind everybody not to put their lives at risk for the sake of other people’s entertainment.”

The YouTuber in question has not responded to the Guardian’s request for comment.

Caco

Slasher

#244 Post by Slasher » Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Bloody Palestinians decide to spend an afternoon at a the border bitching moaning about Jerusalem - and in the usual process lose their own lives over something that's in no way worth dying for.

Nothing DA in that. The DA factor is they're so **** they'll drag their young kids and a tiny baby along to such an extremely hazardous event!

"Honeeey! Whatcha doing today?"
"Oh I'm off the the protest at the Israeli border."
"Any of the kids going?"
"They should be in school...but yeh why not."
"Can you take little Mahammed too? I'll put his milk bottle in the blanket."
"Ok. Our 13yo can feed him."
"Have a nice day out everyone!"

Eight month infant and young kids snuffed because they were unlucky enough to be born to absolute ****. That's the tragedy of having parents who themselves deserve DAs on a daily basis.

Sisemen

#245 Post by Sisemen » Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Total feckwits - terminal.
93CA3DE3-D8EA-4DAD-9E27-C14896DB8F5D.jpeg
93CA3DE3-D8EA-4DAD-9E27-C14896DB8F5D.jpeg (127.71 KiB) Viewed 635 times

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#246 Post by Magnus » Tue May 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Innocent protester, I'm sure .....

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#247 Post by Cacophonix » Tue May 15, 2018 4:02 pm

It wasn't so long ago that the Israeli "terrorists" were hanging British soldiers! I wonder what some here would have been saying then?

David and Goliath comes to mind and this song sums the religious intolerance, ignorance and arrogance on both sides over the last two days up perfectly...

Tis truly a case of this kind of *****....

Caco

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#248 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue May 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Magnus wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:56 pm
Innocent protester, I'm sure .....
I guess you are ironic but I am afraid Arabs prefer to have victims to present to the media rather than try to find a solution.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#249 Post by Woody » Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am

“ Vaping”is 95% safer than smoking, according to adverts :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44149281
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#250 Post by Slasher » Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am

Rwy in Sight wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:23 pm
...but I am afraid Arabs prefer to have victims to present to the media rather than try to find a solution.
A highly perceptive comment RiS. It's taken me a couple of years in the ME to learn that lesson.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#251 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:20 am

Interesting, moderation on TOP. Video was posted of a thrill seeker climbing along the jib of a high rise crane. He fell.

He landed on a railway track a station. Reactions were interesting. Two people went a bit closer to have a look, then one stayed the other wandered off.

I posted a comment that he was lucky not to have been electrocuted or run over.

Both posts have been deleted.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#252 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm

From sublime Darwinism (and good riddance to the scumbag) to a bizarre tragedy in the latter case and, although frying in such a large pan is clearly not a good idea, one can feel only sympathy for the victims...

Man ‘accidentally shoots himself dead’ on London street after bullet ricochets off car

to

Giant frying pan explosion kills one and leaves several others fighting for life...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ribrash

#253 Post by ribrash » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm
From sublime Darwinism (and good riddance to the scumbag) to a bizarre tragedy in the latter case and, although frying in such a large pan is clearly not a good idea, one can feel only sympathy for the victims...

Man ‘accidentally shoots himself dead’ on London street after bullet ricochets off car

to

Giant frying pan explosion kills one and leaves several others fighting for life...

I read one report which said the shooter tried to damage the car by smacking the stock of the shotgun against the rear window.Bang you're dead.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#254 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm

ribrash wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:02 pm
I read one report which said the shooter tried to damage the car by smacking the stock of the shotgun against the rear window.Bang you're dead.
That sounds to be a more likely scenario. What an idiot and exit one criminal ****! Karma is sweet sometimes.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Sisemen

#255 Post by Sisemen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Oh, what a tragedy! Wonder what’s for brekky tomorrow?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#256 Post by Woody » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 am

Not totally sure that this is the right thread for this, but you’ve got to love the ffrench :ymdevil:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rules.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#257 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:36 am

Woody wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 am
Not totally sure that this is the right thread for this, but you’ve got to love the ffrench :ymdevil:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rules.html
If it's industrial, could you claim expenses?

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#258 Post by Hydromet » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:19 am

But was he wearing a hard hat & hi-vis?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#259 Post by OFSO » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:55 am

I can quote an ILOAT ruling from about 40 years ago on the theme of a travelling salesman who had a road traffic accident after deviating from his route to spend a night with his mistress. His employer lost their case against him, as the Court ruled he had to spend the night somewhere and what could be more natural and agreeable than to drive 40kms to one side to enjoy the soft arms and satin sheets of his lover...

Only in France..

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#260 Post by Hydromet » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:02 pm

A few years ago a female public servant here was awarded compensation for injuries sustained during a liaison with a colleague during a work trip. From memory, she received a neck injury when part of the bed gave way. (No, I have no idea either.)
The government, her employer, appealed, and I think it went to the highest court before someone had some commonsense.