Test Pilot

Re: Royal Bank of Wankers

#461 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Wodrick wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 pm
Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm
Anyone know more?
I have three NatWest accounts and a credit card, there has been no communication as yet.
Ditto Nationwide.
Thanks Wodders because all our official post goes to Greece. I have checked on line banking and all seems to be working OK. If you get any notification of a problem please let us know.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#462 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 pm

A positive comment about Natwest, which is also RBS, for once.

Received a text last Thursday to say that their monitoring algorithm had noted a suspicious transaction on my charge card and would I please go and check and authorise it if it was mine or cancel it. They pointed out that it would be cancelled automatically within 8 minutes if I didn't. Checked it and it was a fraudulent transaction for £699.00 at Argos. Don't know how the thieving buggers got my details as my card was sitting in my wallet but I promptly cancelled the transaction and received a call from the Natwest fraud team to tell me that my card had been cancelled and a new one with new credentials was on its way. Card arrived as promised today. New pin and card number and all set up as promised.

Kudos Natwest/RBS.... ^:)^
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#463 Post by Wodrick » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 pm

If you get any notification of a problem please let us know.
Roger Wilco
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#464 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Card arrived as promised today.
Since last Thursday ? Expecting mine to take a month or more in mail from UK. ( Not necessarily Natwests fault of course. )

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#465 Post by ian16th » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:07 am

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 pm
Card arrived as promised today.
Since last Thursday ? Expecting mine to take a month or more in mail from UK. ( Not necessarily Natwests fault of course. )
Barclays Jersey use a courier service, usually DHL, to this southern colony.
Cynicism improves with age

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#466 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Revolut card was giving a smidgen under 1.13 to the Euro this morning.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#467 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:12 am

Barclays Jersey use a courier service, usually DHL, to this southern colony.
Problem is .... few aircraft bringing anything to NZ at the moment.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#468 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Mrs OFSO changed her address for her HSBC a/c and MasterCard last June after moving house. The former was done instantly, the latter proves impossible. Letters, e-mails, calls. Today 32 minutes on an international call, first to an Indian lady with incomprehensible accent who kept repeating the card numbers back in the wrong order and then claimed no such card existed, and then from a man who asked details of the last information sent... to the invalid old address so never received. HSBC appears to give work to uneducated immigrants and the retarded. So much for the self-proclaimed World Bank.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#469 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Part 2. The bank then sends, to your e-mail address, a form on which one's e-mail address (the one they have sent the form to) and a made-up password are to be entered. Click to send back. They then send you a link - to the same e-mail address - to click and confirm that the e-mail address which both you and the bank have been using, is valid. Really?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#470 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:10 am

Expecting mine to take a month or more in mail from UK. ( Not necessarily Natwests fault of course. )
Unbelievable, new card and Pin arrived in post today, only 9 days. And, yes, it all works including the card reader which I feared was the Nxxxxr In The Woodpile ( Ooops ! ) in the first place.

Maybe NatWurst not so Wurst after all.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#471 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:30 pm

Following a complaint (to the Santander CEO) on several issues, one of which was the 'customer service' agent who instead of listening to the issue decided to talk over me, eventually being told to 'STF' by me (which did not go down well :)) ) I was handed on to a 'Senior Complaints Manager', a Natalie Slessor, from whom I received the following (part) message (NB no apology)

"Whilst the advisor did speak over you intentionally, please be assured, this was not intentional. However, it is evident that the relationship between you both broke down."

No *****, Sherlock.

If I had sent out a letter like that I would expect to be chatting with the boss PDQ.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#472 Post by Hydromet » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 am

The scam that turned out not to be. (Just incompetence.)

Received a message from the bank advising that an attempted transaction was suspicious and my card had been blocked for 24 hours until I confirmed its status one way or the other. I also received an expected invoice for web site hosting from this payee in the USA. I checked the amount, thought the amount was a bit high, but assumed the invoice was in $US, and had been recalculated to $AU, so OK'd the payment and unblocked the card.
The invoice advised that they had attempted auto payment from the (correct) card they had on file but it had been rejected, and they would continue to try. However, I continued to receive reminders from them, so got in contact to check whether the invoice was in $USD or $AUD, and if it had been payed. They confirmed that it was in $AUD and had not been payed. Couldn't say whether they had made more attempts to get auto payment.
At this point I started to wonder if somewhere along the way, something had been hacked, particularly as the amount of the refused transaction was just under $500, and I thought it may have been just under a 'sentinel' amount. Off to the bank, as I couldn't face being on hold to a call centre that was unable to comprehend what had happened. Spoke to a human, who, after being on hold for ages, spoke to another human who confirmed that no payment had been made, and it appeared that someone had converted the invoice from $USD to $AUD when it was already $AUD. Definitely wasn't them, of course, could have been the payee or their bank.

All sorted now, but a bit of worry and a waste of a few hours of my and the bank's time.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#473 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 am

Not Natwurst this time, but Barclays UK.
"
Not going to allow anyone to have an account after April 12th if not a UK resident. Like me. So .. tried to contact them to close a, fortunately, small account and transfer the money elsewhere. Online Banking ? Accepted all my various passwords and memorable words, then asked to confirm my mobile number so that they could send a code, they had the correct number so accepted that. No code sent, tried three times, being cut off after 5 minutes each time due inactivity and having to start all over again. Eventually gave up and used expensive International phone banking. Got through to an automatic response system that took 4 expensive minutes listening to " press this for ..." " tell is in one word what we can do for you " etc. and finally got to the end and managed to select the option to " speak to an agent ". Did that and heard a phone start ringing, then .... Click. All over. Barstewards.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#474 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:30 pm
Following a complaint (to the Santander CEO) on several issues, one of which was the 'customer service' agent who instead of listening to the issue decided to talk over me, eventually being told to 'STF' by me (which did not go down well :)) ) I was handed on to a 'Senior Complaints Manager', a Natalie Slessor, from whom I received the following (part) message (NB no apology)

"Whilst the advisor did speak over you intentionally, please be assured, this was not intentional. However, it is evident that the relationship between you both broke down."

No *sh*t*, Sherlock.

If I had sent out a letter like that I would expect to be chatting with the boss PDQ.

Ah ze old 'Shut The Ferk' ploy Cato, very good you little yellow devil, also known in the Sûreté nationale, as the "The Deploy". I didn't have a similar problem with the owner of a silent minkey once...! =))

Zeez banks are all full of minkeys (and criminals)...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#475 Post by llondel » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:48 pm

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:45 am
Not Natwurst this time, but Barclays UK.
"
Not going to allow anyone to have an account after April 12th if not a UK resident. Like me. So .. tried to contact them to close a, fortunately, small account and transfer the money elsewhere. Online Banking ? Accepted all my various passwords and memorable words, then asked to confirm my mobile number so that they could send a code, they had the correct number so accepted that. No code sent, tried three times, being cut off after 5 minutes each time due inactivity and having to start all over again. Eventually gave up and used expensive International phone banking. Got through to an automatic response system that took 4 expensive minutes listening to " press this for ..." " tell is in one word what we can do for you " etc. and finally got to the end and managed to select the option to " speak to an agent ". Did that and heard a phone start ringing, then .... Click. All over. Barstewards.
They haven't informed me of anything like that. whether I'll get a Sterling cheque for the balance or whether I'll have to go argue with them, I don't know. I do know that Barclaycard cancelled my card because I wasn't a UK resident so I guess the rest of the bank is catching up. It will be a shame if it does happen, it's convenient to have the account so I can just go draw out cash without any of this foreign exchange nonsense when I visit the UK.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#476 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:24 am

One day Later. Success ! after another three consecutive requests, during another expensive tel. call, to enter all the data, passwords, memorable words, name of Grandmothers first dog etc. finally spoke to a 'uman, and despite the clearly non-English almost unintelligible accent managed to convey my request to close my account. Hopefully (?) I will eventually get an acknowledgement, after " the closure team" have returned to work following the weekend. Breath is held.

LLondel - I also have a NatWurst account that satisfies the "local UK cash" requirement, and hopefully they won't follow suit ?

Nervous .. Thanks for the PM on PPrUne, couldn't reply, addressee unknown ?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#477 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon May 17, 2021 1:56 am

These digital "CHAT" systems are a total PITA. NatWurst, couldn't open the Online Banking site - Chat to Cora, who is here to help, like hell "she" is. Kept repeating the same "Select an option", so selected "None of These," " Please tell me again, select an option." "Don't understand, select an option." None of these, so wrote in my problem. Over and over again without the suggestion that "I'll get a human to help" Gave up. Digital Hell

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#478 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue May 18, 2021 12:21 am

Next day, repeat of the above. "Cora" asked me 6 times to "choose an option" of which the inability to receive their passcode, in different word formats but meaning the same thing, "she" kept sending me to respond to. Eventually of course "she" threw up her hands and connected me to a human - thinks. why can't we do that straight away, i.e. an option to "Piss off right now and connect me to a human ". The human was polite but time wasting, requiring me to enter multiple excerpts from a variety of information that they have obtained from me over the last 60+ years. At the end of an hour's engagement I copied the dialogue to a Word document, maybe I'll send it to their Chairman, maybe not. but it filled 6 A4 pages of typewriting. There must be a better way to spend my life than this crap ?

Why can't they just send their text code to my mobile phone, as they now want to. Passwords, Passphrases and PiN's have worked for the last dozen or so years, and what law says I must have a mobile phone anyway ? My local NZ bank do the same thing, but at least give me the option to disconnect the 2FA nonsense if I want to, my choice.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#479 Post by FD2 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 am

The RBS responded well to a letter to the CEO and a manager at Gogarburn, I think, got in touch and actually answered a lot of the queries and sorted a few problems I've had. He even disclosed which branch is supposedly handling our accounts (the 4th in a line after branch closures). The one I had written to with questions which always got forwarded to the complaints department!

He was non-committal about texts to foreign mobiles but the next time I tried to log in I actually received my code by text! Next time logging into Mrs FD2's account the system didn't work and it was back to the card machine again. Two steps forward and one back. Luckily we don't use it much and only log in every month or so and have it to keep a toehold in the UK in the unlikely event of having to return permanently.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#480 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 am

Luckily we don't use it much and only log in every month or so ..........
Likewise, but when I want to I want to - now !